Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
:nws:

:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

What the hell did I just watch? I watched that thing from beginning to end.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

It's even better if you imagine that the mask part is a cutout, like a VC Andrews book.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

What the gently caress causes people to act like this? I want to assume that they're on drugs, but I have this creeping feeling that they're not.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

VoodooXT posted:

Like the comments said, it's the worst documentary on autism.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

What the gently caress causes people to act like this? I want to assume that they're on drugs, but I have this creeping feeling that they're not.

Rubber cement fumes. I refused to watch more than two minutes, but I'd bet they're fursuiters.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bieeardo posted:

Rubber cement fumes. I refused to watch more than two minutes, but I'd bet they're fursuiters.
There's no reason to be THAT excited and hyperactive for that long, seriously calm the gently caress down :psyduck: Even a five year old's enthusiasm would wear down.
Everytime I see that video I think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Bieeardo posted:

I watched all of it in disgusted amazement and can confirm that. When they hauled the giant piece of foam back to where they live they were wearing ears and tales and poo poo in making animal sounds from inside the roll of foam.

Croccers posted:

There's no reason to be THAT excited and hyperactive for that long, seriously calm the gently caress down :psyduck: Even a five year old's enthusiasm would wear down.

This is why I assumed drugs were involved, because why the gently caress else would you be acting like that in public and buying a huge 90 dollar piece of foam?

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

CPL593H posted:

This is why I assumed drugs were involved, because why the gently caress else would you be acting like that in public and buying a huge 90 dollar piece of foam?

Looks like she makes costumes on deviantart, so maybe the foam is for that.

I watched that entire video. No matter how much I wanted to end it, I couldn't bring myself to close the video. :suicide:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Manfrompoot posted:

It's even better if you imagine that the mask part is a cutout, like a VC Andrews book.

I was personally a fan of the "LOOK INSIDE" on the corner. I didn't want to remove that.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

I'm crying laughing at this. Holy poo poo.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Three minutes, twenty one seconds.

It was like a squeaky train wreck.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Those Goosebumps covers used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Not even a minute. Good lord this is painful to watch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think I can look at foam the same way again. :smith:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

VendaGoat posted:

I long for the sweet, endless, embrace of death.

But do you "haz teh foamz"? Also, that was a lot harder to type with autocorrect on my phone than I expected.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Millions of years of evolution, the rise and fall of thousands of civilizations, the blood of trillions spilled in battles of survival and ideology over the eons and after all of that our miserable race can still create people like this. God is dead.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

VoodooXT posted:

Well, look at the positive side: it at least gave us great material for people to riff on.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Not sure if it was Goosebumps or Paul Jennings, but there was a story about a shed where time goes 100000x faster than normal. It was nihilistic as gently caress because the kid goes in, and comes out in the future where his entire family is dead. Thats it end of story.

(lol no one bothered to check the shed)

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Bieeardo posted:

Yep, there's some racoon tails and ears involved :suicide:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

People actually find this disgusting or disturbing somehow? I don't get it. From looking at the reactions in this thread I thought it was going to be like goatse or something.

:effort:

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.
I feel like those girls were trying too hard. They were not really excited, but had to keep up appearances. It's kind of like when you are doing something slightly embarrassing in public, so you play it off by being obviously a little over the top about it, to convey to outside observers that you in no way are serious about whatever you are doing (a good example would be a guy in a makeup/accessories store like Claire's, putting bracelets on and asking his girlfriend "what do you think, are these my color? Hahaha").

But with these girls....their whole life is an embarrassment, so they are going full on crazy trying to compensate.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's not over till it's over, goosebumps is desperately clinging to its aging fan base

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

Manfrompoot posted:

I remember this cover from when I was a kid. It scared me so much that I made my parents get rid of it. That face is insanity personified.

e: also, I don't get it.

No photoshop, but this is the one that got me. Story was creepy as gently caress also, jesus christ.

Napoleon Blownapart
Aug 4, 2010

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm crying laughing at this. Holy poo poo.

Stay tuned for the sequel!

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

5:30 into it so far. These two women clearly have brain damage. Somewhat surprised the one has the capacity to drive a car. Not too surprised at the handicapped sticker, wondering what that's all about.

7:27 in and one of them is wearing bunny ears. Yep.

Well that was something. Yeah I'm pretty sure those ladies have brain damage, bless them. Well they seem happy at least.

The Stygian posted:

No photoshop, but this is the one that got me. Story was creepy as gently caress also, jesus christ.

That might very well be the first one I read.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Watched this right to the end, curious that they might be doing something cool and arts-and-craftsy with the foam. Spoiler warning: they aren't. They are doing nothing with the foam.

Still worth watching for the awe-inspiring levels of disinterest shown by all the regular people they encounter. I get the impression they have to put up with this poo poo every day.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

gently caress me, I've known people like this. They don't have to be furries, but they usually seem to be. Sometimes they can mellow out if they're the only weirdo in a group, in which case they can be pretty good company, but otherwise they never dial it back or run out of energy.

And good job with the books, nerds. I read those things as a kid and got a good laugh from every last one of these things so far.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I love you so goddamn much. This is amazing.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
We have a new horror.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

No one has pointed out yet how these twits are taking up a disabled carpark.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Can someone please explain the joke?

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

waitwhatno posted:

It's not over till it's over, goosebumps is desperately clinging to its aging fan base

This ones really incredible. Goddamn were getting old.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
This is perhaps more retro, but it was uncanny:

Egg Monsters from Mars (Goosebumps, #42)

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Goddamn you.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

waitwhatno posted:

:golfclap:

Class, pay attention please, this is how you do funny.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

waitwhatno posted:

Damnit.

Stine actually writes horror books aimed at adults now as well.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

:canada:

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

I'm not quite sure why, but I actually spilled a drink from laughing at that. Nice one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Reading up on RL Stine amazed me just how incredibly prolific he was. Between Goosebumps, the choose your own adventure goosebumps, Fear Street and etc.. he was probably pumping out an entire book in about a week.

I assumed growing up that most of the books would have been written by other authors and published under his name but nope, wrote every single loving word. The man must be worth a trillion dollars.

• Locked thread