Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Since hes moving to an easier league I will say: Jozy will score 30 goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jozy will score 9 goals.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I believe Jozy will score 8 goals.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jozy will score 11 goals but one will be unfairly ruled offside and one will be unfairly called not a goal by goal line technology

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Yeah let's just carry on posting in a 'BAN ME' thread, twats.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
9 goals.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

10 goals.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

tremendous homo posted:

Jozy will score nine goals and then fall into a spiral of drunken nights out as he quickly learns he cannot handle England's pub lad culture

How many bananas will England's pub lad culture throw at him this season?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can we get mod approval to brainstorm possible rivals puns to use re: Jozy in the GDT/MDT this season

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

vaginal culture posted:

Can we get mod approval to brainstorm possible rivals puns to use re: Jozy in the GDT/MDT this season

joey altitude

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zero(0), Jozy will score zero goals.

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
I'll take 12 goals. (12)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

vaginal culture posted:

Is the one in the title not enough?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
There will be bushels of sexy Jozy Altiphwoar goals this year.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

vaginal culture posted:

Nozy How-to-score

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Is the one in the title not enough?

I have some I've been kicking around I'd like to see if we can collaborate and really knock this out of the park

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

vaginal culture posted:

I have some I've been kicking around I'd like to see if we can collaborate and really knock this out of the park

Dozy Coleslaw

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
I have confirmed with his publicist Jeremy Pond that Jozy will score 13 goals this upcoming season.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Dozy Coleslaw

I like Watchme Failtoscore

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy altidore will score 10 goals, quite lovely ones too.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
has anyone said none yet. NONE. gently caress ALL.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I want to say 15 for some reason.

That's right, fifteen goals. No, really.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

excuse me lady posted:

Sup, 10 posts up.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I hope he scores a lot, because he's in my fantasy footy team.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

excuse me lady posted:

I said it last page idiot!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

vaginal culture posted:

I like Watchme Failtoscore

Joocy Whatawhore is fairly problematic

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Jozy Altidore will score SEVEN GOALS before headbutting Alan Hutton again on November 30th. It will be glorious.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
He will score 16 goals, one less goal than the number that graces his shirt when he plays for his native land

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Iggy Pop Barker's Soccer Sabermetric Shack

Hi it's me, Iggy Pop Barker. I know some of you are having some trouble coming up with some realistic ballpark figures as to how well Jozy will do in the world's top club competition - The Barclay's. Well, you might be surprised to learn that he has already participated in it in the recent past, for Hull City (no relation to the new expansion franchise the Hull City Tigers). I thought I'd give back to the Yohan Kebab community by offering some analysis

Jozy Altidore appeared in 28 out of Hull City's 38 Barclay's games during the 2009-10 season, of which well over half (16) saw him in the starting lineup, always as a centre-forward. He rewarded star manager Phil Brown's faith in him with ONE goal in the Barclay's, which averages out to ONE goal every TWENTY EIGHT games.

This might not seem like much to write home about, but of course soccer is a team sport, and many forwards offer far more than simply their goal tally - Emile Heskey to name just a few. So how did Hull City perform during 2009-10? They finished 19th in the Barclay's with 30 points, just one ahead (on sporting merit) of Portsmouth - a literal front organisation for an Angolan arms dealer. The previous year they'd finished 17th with 35 points. We can therefore conclude that Jozy Altidore is worth an average of -5 points to Barclay's teams. Sunderland avoided relegation last season by 3 points, so fans of the famous blackshirts should hope that other new signings can counter the famed and scientifically proven 'Jozy Effect'.

But you may be thinking at this point - hang on, Hull City weren't a great team in general, and it's very hard for a mediocre striker to thrive with sparse service. this is true. But Hull City in 2009/10 had many mediocre strikers. Let's take a look at them:

Caleb FOLAN

Despite being born Irish, Caleb overcame adversity to force his way onto Barclay's Official Rosters - first with Wigan and then with Hull City. A series of fallings out with manager Phil Brown saw him play just 8 Barclay's games that season (7 starts) - yet he managed two goals. This ratio of 1 goal every 4 games makes him quantifiably SEVEN TIMES GREATER than Leadfoot NikeContract. Caleb went on to make appearences for Colorado, T-Team (of Malaysia) and most damningly of all, the ROIMNT.

Craig FAGAN

Craig Fagan is loving poo poo. He's a poo poo striker and a poo poo winger. I'd say he's found his level with League Two (look it up on wikipedia) Bradford City, but he's been consistently poo poo for them and they've loaned him out because he isn't worth his meagre wage. Despite this, he managed TWO goals in 25 matches for Hull that season. Nothing great, but this lower league nobody is OBJECTIVELY TWICE AS GOOD AS JOZY ALTIDORE

Jan VENNEGOOR of Hesselink

idk he sounds like a prince or something. there's no dutch exception on the tories gently caress off flowchart. Scored 3 goals in 31 games despite being as old as the ludicrous feudal system that spawned him and not even particularly good in the SPL, which is like your Canadian Football League but there's no real bears so some of the men in the dark blue jerseys have to pretend to be bears on facebook and type LOYAL in all caps like 'The man who works at the offy LOYAL' and it doesn't make sense because grizzly bears don't speak in any human language let alone say LOYAL or use facebook (irlZaphod is the exception that proves the rule). THREE TIMES AS GOOD AS JOZY

with all this in mind i'd like to make my own prediction. ZERO Barclay's goals. FOURTEEN appearances, NONE OF WHICH take place after FEBRUARY. ONE gagging order restricting the press from reporting the circumstances which saw both Jozy and Paolo Di Canio leave the club.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Hell of a post.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

my son bort posted:

I said it last page idiot!

p. sure greg likes me better than you two clowns so i've got this one sewn up

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Jozy Altidore will score two (2) goals in the prem this season.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Babby Thatcher posted:

Iggy Pop Barker's Soccer Sabermetric Shack

Hi it's me, Iggy Pop Barker. I know some of you are having some trouble coming up with some realistic ballpark figures as to how well Jozy will do in the world's top club competition - The Barclay's. Well, you might be surprised to learn that he has already participated in it in the recent past, for Hull City (no relation to the new expansion franchise the Hull City Tigers). I thought I'd give back to the Yohan Kebab community by offering some analysis

Jozy Altidore appeared in 28 out of Hull City's 38 Barclay's games during the 2009-10 season, of which well over half (16) saw him in the starting lineup, always as a centre-forward. He rewarded star manager Phil Brown's faith in him with ONE goal in the Barclay's, which averages out to ONE goal every TWENTY EIGHT games.

This might not seem like much to write home about, but of course soccer is a team sport, and many forwards offer far more than simply their goal tally - Emile Heskey to name just a few. So how did Hull City perform during 2009-10? They finished 19th in the Barclay's with 30 points, just one ahead (on sporting merit) of Portsmouth - a literal front organisation for an Angolan arms dealer. The previous year they'd finished 17th with 35 points. We can therefore conclude that Jozy Altidore is worth an average of -5 points to Barclay's teams. Sunderland avoided relegation last season by 3 points, so fans of the famous blackshirts should hope that other new signings can counter the famed and scientifically proven 'Jozy Effect'.

But you may be thinking at this point - hang on, Hull City weren't a great team in general, and it's very hard for a mediocre striker to thrive with sparse service. this is true. But Hull City in 2009/10 had many mediocre strikers. Let's take a look at them:

Caleb FOLAN

Despite being born Irish, Caleb overcame adversity to force his way onto Barclay's Official Rosters - first with Wigan and then with Hull City. A series of fallings out with manager Phil Brown saw him play just 8 Barclay's games that season (7 starts) - yet he managed two goals. This ratio of 1 goal every 4 games makes him quantifiably SEVEN TIMES GREATER than Leadfoot NikeContract. Caleb went on to make appearences for Colorado, T-Team (of Malaysia) and most damningly of all, the ROIMNT.

Craig FAGAN

Craig Fagan is loving poo poo. He's a poo poo striker and a poo poo winger. I'd say he's found his level with League Two (look it up on wikipedia) Bradford City, but he's been consistently poo poo for them and they've loaned him out because he isn't worth his meagre wage. Despite this, he managed TWO goals in 25 matches for Hull that season. Nothing great, but this lower league nobody is OBJECTIVELY TWICE AS GOOD AS JOZY ALTIDORE

Jan VENNEGOOR of Hesselink

idk he sounds like a prince or something. there's no dutch exception on the tories gently caress off flowchart. Scored 3 goals in 31 games despite being as old as the ludicrous feudal system that spawned him and not even particularly good in the SPL, which is like your Canadian Football League but there's no real bears so some of the men in the dark blue jerseys have to pretend to be bears on facebook and type LOYAL in all caps like 'The man who works at the offy LOYAL' and it doesn't make sense because grizzly bears don't speak in any human language let alone say LOYAL or use facebook (irlZaphod is the exception that proves the rule). THREE TIMES AS GOOD AS JOZY

with all this in mind i'd like to make my own prediction. ZERO Barclay's goals. FOURTEEN appearances, NONE OF WHICH take place after FEBRUARY. ONE gagging order restricting the press from reporting the circumstances which saw both Jozy and Paolo Di Canio leave the club.

that was a lot of work to just to wind up americans

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's actually a really good post.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Since some posters will argue about player growth as demonstrated in the lovely Dutch league I'd like you to give us your interpretation of that phenomenon tia

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
IPB has done it again with a cracking post fresh from his posting franchise production line.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tetsman posted:

Since some posters will argue about player growth as demonstrated in the lovely Dutch league I'd like you to give us your interpretation of that phenomenon tia

Players don't develop in the Netherlands unless they're Dutch, Danish or like to bite people.

Holland gets pretty racist around Christmas too, that can't be good for a young African American lad.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

tetsman posted:

some things that are really good in holland also achieve success elsewhere ie the land of Barclay's. Others are Mateja Kezman, the sport of Korfball, Ryan Babel, the dude with the long name in my post above, Steve McLaren, and hardstyle.

unlike most of the above, we've already seen Jozy in the UK. I'm sure he's grown as a footballer and as a person in the 3 years since he left, but given he was one of the worst regular players the division has ever seen, it's a much bigger leap to suggest he'll be any good at all. I mean, learning how to control a football is something professional players with millions of dollars and years of sponsorship from sportswear manufacturers generally learn before the crucial 20-23 age bracket.

I might be wrong of course, just as it's entirely plausible someone will sign Eddie Johnson or Kenny Cooper and they'll be better than the team they play for's actual comedy mascot and/or the inanimate items of merchandise based on them this time around.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Pissflaps posted:

It's actually a really good post.

It's actually a bad post because it reminded me how bad hull were that season.

I might have to lower my goal prediction for Jozy on account of no one from that squad amounting to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hell score 11.

• Locked thread