Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

If the transfer window can extend into the season, I'm sure the Jozy Window can too. Maybe we could have a second Jozy Window in January for people to update their guesses, in case they're afraid of dropping out of the running.

if we play FPL and Talksport Predictor will we be cup tied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I predict he will be a terrible player and will score zero (0) goals until a few months into the season at which point his form will dramatically improve and he will subsequently break all premiership scoring records. Around Christmas Real Madrid will start sniffing around but the move will fall through as he finds himself unable to repeat his earlier promising form and will soon find himself languishing in the reserves. He'll buy out his contract in May and leave the club a broken man but not before having Interflora deliver a package to Craven Cottage addressed to Clint Dempsey.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
He's going to end up back in MLS within two years probably

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

tbp posted:

He's going to end up back in MLS within two years probably

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alMPPagnAro

Jozy vs Fulham

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The music was perfect for that masterpiece.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I meant that gifman could have his guess count as of today, not that there would be voting all season. Tomorrow we're done with votes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha oh man he's so bad. I think seven goals was optimistic.

Bearing that in mind, probability says that at some point in the season we'll get a Poisson clump of Jozygoals, which will lead to half the posters in TRP proclaiming him the best striker since Marapelnaldo, before he regresses to the mean and resumes not scoring.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

vyelkin posted:

Bearing that in mind, probability says that at some point in the season we'll get a Poisson clump of Jozygoals, which will lead to half the posters in TRP proclaiming him the best striker since Marapelnaldo, before he regresses to the mean and resumes not scoring.

You should always stay true to the tar.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

vyelkin posted:

He's trying at least, 3 (three) goals this PL season.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

From this evidence Jozy is an archetypal "big man" striker good at "putting himself about" and "making a nuisance of himself."

Unfortunately he can't shoot for poo poo.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Jozy appears to be Real Bad at holding up the ball

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i believe in harvey altidore

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

He has a really heavy touch. I think he'll still manage to hoof in about 8 goals I'm not in the competition.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I've just watched that first strike at 11 seconds in about a dozen times. It gets better every time.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
lol jozy sucks amirite?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Wildlife Analysis posted:

lol jozy sucks amirite?

If his performance in Sunderland vs Fulham is anything to go by, yes he does, however we can also look to Hull City's 2009-2010 Season for similar confirmation.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
jozy shevchenko

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Your Weird Uncle posted:

jozy shevchenko

Now you've crossed a line.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Your Weird Uncle posted:

jozy shevchenko

are you loving off your rocker? It's Jozy McBride to you missy.

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

Your Weird Uncle posted:

jozy shevchenko

Jozy alt-torres

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

thompson posted:

are you loving off your rocker? It's Jozy McBride to you missy.

ah yes noted EPL non-goalscorer brian mcbride

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol he is so poo poo. Touch of a rapist

2nd touch is a tackle
I'm glad i can take off my USMNT glasses and judge him fairly

Your Weird Uncle posted:

ah yes noted EPL non-goalscorer brian mcbride

Had a look at his wikipedia page i see

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

LOL he's unironically and literally terrible.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

The sight and the glory. Go Jozy Go.

Make those Sunderland City Magpies taste the stars and the stripes son

This picture also serves as a perfect scale to measure Eredivisie players against. Jozy: not as poo poo as Marcellis, not as good as Maher.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

A lot of times where he gets space its because the defender wasnt expecting the ball to bounce 10 feet off his foot. He's hilarious to watch, like Ade Akinbiyi if he played drunk

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He's like a newborn horse only big and fat and doesn't know what he's doing.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

vaginal culture posted:

Lol he is so poo poo. Touch of a rapist

2nd touch is a tackle
I'm glad i can take off my USMNT glasses and judge him fairly

Had a look at his wikipedia page i see

waht position is he

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
He got a good shot away that time when it was played into him and he turned. His touch was pretty bad though as was his ability to lay it off to his team which isn't great for a guy playing up front for a team who don't look like they'll be dominating games. I was expecting a lot more based on the US posters love for him.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I don't think his lay offs were as bad as you lot are making out.

But otherwise, yeah, he's poo poo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Holy gently caress he's unironically worse than I thought. Almost every pass is misplaced, very poor first touch and he doesn't look very agile. He had one good shot but he still needed 3 touches to make the turn.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Further to my earlier prediction and in the knowledge that this is not a recognised tiebreaker I would like to predict a Stewart Downing special; zero goals, zero assists

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gently caress, was on vacation, can't believe I missed out on the Jozy challenge. Anyway, I would have guessed FOUR (4) (quatro) (four) goals, but looking at his first match I was a bit optimistic. Think Fernando Torres could easily be the top scorer in the Dutch league, maybe he should go there to regain his form.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

angered paedophile posted:

I was expecting a lot more based on the US posters love for him.

I can't believe anyone actually rates him unironically, unless it's just for his Heskey-esque ability to get international call-ups to pad the roster on a team with exactly 4 good players.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Even though I'm past deadline, I would like to submit what he scored for the great Hull City Tigers Association Football Club. Jozy will score 1 (one) goal for Sunderland and will generally bewilder and frustrate their supporters.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Weird Uncle posted:

waht position is he

I believe he gets ball-you-man-goalside in the 14th zone

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
He's poo poo I'd like to withdraw my entry from your competition from sheer disgust.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hallowed Turban posted:

He's poo poo I'd like to withdraw my entry from your competition from sheer disgust.

Bold move. He is truly shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think he has actually got worse than when he was at hull lol.

• Locked thread