Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I can't wait for some American to come into TRP and think this is a Jozy thread the way Big Soccer has a Jozy thread and post without reading any of the thread first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I wonder what Jozy got in his Easter basket today.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jozy will score against Cardiff and we'll have another thread like this next season too

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

Jozy will score against Cardiff and we'll have another thread like this next season too

I forgot this thread was initially about goals and I guessed eight

e: worse than I thought

Modus Trollens posted:

Jozy will score 11 goals but one will be unfairly ruled offside and one will be unfairly called not a goal by goal line technology

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

vyelkin posted:

I can't wait for some American to come into TRP and think this is a Jozy thread the way Big Soccer has a Jozy thread and post without reading any of the thread first.

I can almost see it:

Hi fellow TRP'ers! I don't watch a lot of soccer, but I'm a rabid USMNT fan. Do you guys think I should join the Outlaws to get in on the fun with other local soccer 'hooligans'? I think Jozy could actually take us far, I know he didn't have the best season at S'land (service I know! :sigh:), but I still believe he has the confidence to score some powerful net-slams together with Wondo! What is TRP's consensus about the opposition? Go Jozmers!

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Rename the forum to the Jozy Altidore.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

This is the thread that just keeps giving. I'm gutted we only have 4 more instalments of Jozy time.

There is the world cup bonus round still to come

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cart Cam posted:

Rename the forum to the Jozy Altidore.
The Jozy Altidorm

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Uncle Jozy's Family Feedbag

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

https://twitter.com/THass21/status/457604510006116353

Jozy replying to some racial abuse from Chelsea fans.

has it been mentioned that he replied to the wrong tweet? the girl he tweeted at was RTing a chelsea fan to call him out and now she is getting all the abuse

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I hope jozy get diabetes and his foot falls off before the world cup.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

St Evan Echoes posted:

The Jozy Altidorm

!!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

It's only a few months ago that you thought jozy was a good footballer lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Crunkjuice posted:

I hope jozy get diabetes and his foot falls off before the world cup.

I know you didn't mean that. I will pray that you change your ways.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Cosy Altidore

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
the dozy altislore

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pissflaps posted:

It's only a few months ago that you thought jozy was a good footballer lol

This is why I want to post in a forum carrying his name. It makes sense.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
I gotta admit I thought he'd at least score a few I mean come on. Cameron Jerome has hit double digits in the prem.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jozy will go back to the Eredivisie next season and score 30 goals, then return to the Premiership with another bottom side.

Infact, I hope he continues this pattern for the next 6 or so years and becomes Hollands top league scorer ever. And The BPL's lowest scoring striker ever

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The Jozy Altiboard

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He'll either go back to the MLS or turn into a journeyman striker around Europe for clubs with American owners

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Cameron Jerome is a one tool striker at best. Jozy has so many tools that he loses his balance and falls over all the time.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

He'll either go back to the MLS or turn into a journeyman striker around Europe for clubs with American owners

He'll do the Freddy Adu poo poo American tour of shame and go to a poo poo Portuguese side, then a poo poo Greek side, then to the Brazillian second division.

aeverous posted:

I gotta admit I thought he'd at least score a few I mean come on. Cameron Jerome has hit double digits in the prem.
Yeah I thought some goals would clang in off of him by virtue of being big and in the box, but he's deathly afraid of being in the right possession and receiving a pass.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Remember when kezman scored 105 goals in 122 appearances then moved to chelsea and scored 4 goals in 22 games and was labelled a huge failure.

jozys worse

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
sad that my idea of jozy antiscore has been overtaken by events

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Remember when kezman scored 105 goals in 122 appearances then moved to chelsea and scored 4 goals in 22 games and was labelled a huge failure.

jozys worse

it's appalling just how very much worse he is too

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Ponce de Le0n posted:

jozys worse

who?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jozy is a trashbag who has somehow managed to spend the last four years getting worse. At least he headbutted that dude while he was at Hull.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I've always thought the guy who wins the penalty should get some statistical credit..maybe an assist...I don't think it's totally fair for Borini to get all the credit while the guy who put himself in a position to win the penalty not receive anything.

On the other hand, I thought that Jozy made the incorrect decision of heading toward the byline instead of tacking inside and setting himself up for a shot...He got the penalty which is good, but he needs to start thinking about himself a bit more and get some shot off....Fact is, no one is giving him any credit..The Sunderland fan refuses to even acknowledge him...

Poyet also did not even mention his name..instead, he stated the penalty could had gone either way...so based on the sunderland paper, columnist, fan and the coach, it looks like they are all giving all the credit to Borini...Jozy needs to start shooting and play for himself whenever he gets a chance...He's passing way too many shot and is trying too hard to be a team player.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Agreed, it was a brilliant play by Jozy, forcing Chelsea to foul him.

5-Star Gulag
Apr 17, 2014

Sexy isn't back.
It was never authorized to leave.

Mateja Kežman... Serb who lit poo poo up for PSV Eindhoven over 5 years. Mourinho played him out of position badly but that still never justified his poo poo play. Went to Fenerbahçe, PSG and a few other poo poo clubs but never found his form. I guess it's a testament to how bad the Dutch league actually is.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

5-Star Gulag posted:

Mateja Kežman... Serb who lit poo poo up for PSV Eindhoven over 5 years. Mourinho played him out of position badly but that still never justified his poo poo play. Went to Fenerbahçe, PSG and a few other poo poo clubs but never found his form. I guess it's a testament to how bad the Dutch league actually is.

Actually the Dutch league developed some really great talents such as Suarez, van Persie, van Nistelrooy, Robben and Afonso Alves

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

and such world class defenders such as uh, um,

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

5-Star Gulag posted:

It's an old forum joke about a Chelsea fan who didn't know who Kezman was (I think that's how it went)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

and such world class defenders such as uh, um,

bring it in guys *vertonghen heitinga and alderwiereld all gather around for a big party*

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

It's an old forum joke about a Chelsea fan who didn't know who Kezman was (I think that's how it went)

It was Woobi I think, or WK4F. Whoever it was who also didn't know Blackburn had won the prem.

Add Erik Pieters to the list of good dutch league defenders!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I burst into irl laughter seeing Jozy win a title run in important penalty it truly made me happy

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

My favorite w00bi moment was when he was watching a match from a week or two before and kept posting about it in the match day thread as if it was live without noticing.

He's a good lad.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

euroboy posted:

My favorite w00bi moment was when he was watching a match from a week or two before and kept posting about it in the match day thread as if it was live without noticing.

He's a good lad.

I....see....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

euroboy posted:

He's a good lad.

This but when he got angry and accused certain posters of trolling him about it.

I miss w00bi I hope he comes back for the world cup *lights the science and literature signal*

• Locked thread