Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy altidore will score 10 goals, quite lovely ones too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and got on to have some solid months of form before returning to poo poo again. I still believe in 10.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Pissflaps posted:

Are you saying Sunderland need to design their team to look like a McDonald's counter?

Why not? They already have Ronald McDonald working for them (It's Jozy Altidore, he's a clown)

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Jota posted:

paid a pound for each of his

Pound for pound, he's one of the worst signings.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I just rewatched Snatch and the scene with Tyrone running away from the thugs reminded me a lot of Jozy trying to get away from defenders, with a perfect allegory of the dogs/rabbit thrown in there too. Guy Ritchie is a bit of a football visionary I think, he also did the Nike ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNvf8uZ6lk

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Paddyb posted:

I afraid the forums will implode and cause a black hole if Jozy scores against liverpool.

Mods...

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Kitty Kisses posted:

It wouldn't be the first time a Liverpool-Sunderland game has been decided by an inanimate object that shouldn't have been on the pitch

:wotwot:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I'm starting to feel real bad for the guy, it's actually painful to watch him stumble about like he's in a drunken stupor. Remember that life is good Jozy, you still have a friend in me.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I put Jozy down to score 8 goals... 8... 8...:mump:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy could have had sharper finishing moves than Bret Hart's sharshooter had he stayed in the Dutch league. No point looking back now though.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

vyelkin posted:

I always believed in you, Jozy.

Just as I always suspected, Jozy Altidore is better suited to life as a thug than a professional footballer.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
To be fair, Jozy is surrounded by terrible players and you can't expect him to do anything at all with the service he's getting, as evidenced by the fact sunderland have only got 1 point all season. On the other hand, he is the main goal scoring threat of Sunderland football club and this club has scored 7 goals all season by players who aren't the main goal threats and he has scored none of them and actually yeah, I think it might be a good club of footballers who have to supply to a terrible striker and that's why they're in this terrible predicament.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy inspires all kinds of emotions across the board, he's an inspirational human being in the hearts of men even if he isn't on the pitch.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i also dont disparrage him while simultaneously having an av of him tho~

I think the jozy av is cool because it's like he's channeling jozy himself, and that jozy is in on the joke, and that way I feel less bad about calling him the steaming pile of poo poo he is.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

pointsofdata posted:

He'll go somewhere else when we get relegated and start banging the goals in again when he gets good service, and people will still not be able to see that this Sunderland team is practically impossible for a striker to look good in.

Sunderland are not a very good team but they're problems lie mainly up front and in defence. Their midfield actually has some talent and they created plenty of opportunities against Man United and had the potential to kill the game off by half time. Unfortunately, their chances were ultimately wasted because of either some fine keeping, or more importantly, there wasn't a clinical finisher up front.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

pointsofdata posted:

Rather than stay in Holland, I'd wish Jozy would have joined Lazio/Napoli

Erm, erm... erm..**starts sweating profusely**... I don't know how to break this but...

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Big Jozy Knew posted:

It's not something you feel, it is an incontrovertible fact

Immanuel Kant, A Critique of Pure Reason, 1781 posted:

There are three pure forms of sensible intuition, as principles of knowledge a priori, namely space, time and Jozy being pure dogshit.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I bet Jozy looks sexy in a wig.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Love a good hustle, love the rough and tumble of the posting game.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Reek posted:

jozy did score against arsenal (poo poo club i know) but was robbed so there is always that

I just checked the stats and apparently he didn't score a legitimate goal against Arsenal? The whistle had already gone and Jozy was trying to sneak a desperate goal? The stats are also showing that he hasn't scored a legitimate goal against any other team in the premier league either. He sounds really loving bad if the stats are to be believed.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
The Phoenix rises.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

euroboy posted:

I saw a guy wearing a AZ shirt with Altidore on the back walking around red light district last night and I had a little lol.

Looks like he scored last night then.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I made this pie chart of the top phrases people have used on social media for the past 7 months every time Jozy has had a chance at goal. I think it demonstrates the conflicting opinions on him pretty well.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

emjayo posted:

i mean really now that takes the biscuit

he's the inspector clouseau of the epl

get this; JOZY ALREADY ATE THE BISCUIT

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

vaginal culture posted:

No way he'd matriculate, they know how to shoot there

god daym

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

atomic gog posted:

I thought the stats showed that jozy needed to make more turnovers to improve his game?

I think Jozy having less of the ball more often would for sure improve his game.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jose Mourinho's ridiculous Chelsea home record has come to an end and Liverpool have effectively been handed the title all because Altidore didn't know where to place his feet and stumbled in to a penalty. it's beautiful.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Mourinho's masterplan of sending Lukaku out on loan to deny his rivals 3 points was a genius, if shrewd move that almost won him the premier league... but then came the ultimate plot twist; a striker of a similar build came and denied his team their 3. Game, set and match. Mourinho was outtactic'd, Altidore was outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

:wotwot:

• Locked thread