Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Babby Thatcher posted:

for those not following the CONCACAF thread:

Jozy came on as a late substitute tonight

he gave away the ball for a Costa Rica counter-attacking goal

he got a stupid booking in stoppage time, selflessly boosting the USMNTs chances against Mexico by making himself unavailable.

USA lost 3-1

In conclusion, garbageman/10. they'd have been better off with Eddie Johnson

Decent writeup, however Eddie Johnson was in fact in the game. You may not have noticed because he doesn't know how to play, but you also should have noticed because he has stupid platinum blonde hair.

Jozy was motm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

tbp posted:

He hosed up leading to the third goal, also known as the nail in the coffin

That may be but have you seen Eddie Johnson's hair

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Jozy has been awful so far with his chances but Sunderland has to have one of the worst midfields I've ever seen in the Premier league.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Antares posted:

Really, there must be dozens of shitcloggers in the MLS who are worth a shot. One of them must be worth seeing if he's able to run in a straight line without falling over.

They could get a mediocre striker from MLS...Robbie Keane and Thierry Henry cost too much though.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
lol guys try to keep up we don't even know who jozy altidore is anymore we're all talking about the new "it" guy Aron Johansson

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

T. Finninho posted:

He doesn't play in the Premier League though, which is kind of the point of TRP's fascination with Josmer

He will next year. He is currently following the Jozy path of playing in the Dutch league, scoring a ton of goals then having a Premier League team spend way too much money for him. He is even on the same dutch team that Jozy was on.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
2 goals in 46 championship games is infinitely more sad than 1 goal in 33 premier league games.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

Tony Hibbert would score more goals in Jozy's place.

Jozy is just poo poo and Americans going on about his USMNT form are loving ridiculous since they play competitive matches against such footballing powerhouses as Panama and Guatemala .

Did you know that the kid has great USMNT form

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Pretty sure I could make the Scotland squad

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

Then I remember Americans are idiots

You need to relax a bit maybe this lovely goal will calm you down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hp2E6DdIvk

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

No one cares about friendlies except Jozy fans

But I'm not a Jozy or friendlies fan so that doesn't make sense

Have we all become so enraged with Jozy hatred that we can't appreciate a pretty goal? What has this forum come to

Edit: This is talking about the Michael Bradley goal I posted not anything Jozy has done. Jozy has never scored a pretty goal.

80085 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 6, 2013

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Ninpo posted:

Yeah this. Remember when they lost in the confeds to the USA? Spain sure do give some cares about the Confederations Cup!

They did actually. They all acted like a bunch of whiney babies after the match except for Torres.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
The main thing I remembered about Jozy's goal vs Spain was how he shot it directly loving at the keeper

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

But he scored against the failure fucks of Germany which are big tie bottlers and drug abusers so I guess it served them right.

That was a friendly please hurry and revoke your comment

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

bow chicka wow wow posted:

Which potential future Sunderland manager do you think will bring the best out of Jozy? My picks are Tony Pulis and Neil Lennon

I say they hire Jozy's coach from AZ Alkmaar

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Wait Gold Cup games are competitive matches now? Woohoo we've made it. CONCACAF is the best.

I knew beating up on Guatemala would make us be seen as competitive some day.

80085 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 7, 2013

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has any player single-handedly got a club relegated before?

Adam Johnson, this season

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Are we not allowed to say anyone on Sunderland is awful just because Jozy is poo poo? gently caress me this is going to be hard pretending they can play football.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Yeah it did go over your head. Disappointed really.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Sunderland fans believe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbTT1kC-xd4

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
There's more than 6 Sunderland fans? I never knew

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Pissflaps posted:

Sunderland are historically one of the best supported clubs in the country. The point is that in that video you can only see and hear only a handful of supporters joining in with that song.

Manchester United brings big traveling supporter numbers what can I say. All Sunderland fans in the stadium were chanting in that video

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
I agree they were a bit off pitch but for fucks sake pissflaps they aren't professional singers

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Modus Trollens posted:

Would Jozy make a good keeper? Other American keepers have only scored once in the PL, and the whole not scoring while not letting anyone around you score is kind of what you want from a shot stopper imo

Well he falls down a lot for no reason so maybe

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
it has his twitter handle on the back what the why

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Can you be fat and a good striker? Fat Ronaldo wasn't good when he got fat I always thought.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Ok but does 1 goal make you a good striker pissflaps please answer my initial question

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
"He would've scored A goal by now" that implies 1 goal in 7 games which does not make you a good striker.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
If you truly meant he would have scored multiple scores you would have said "he would've scored goals by now". Deep down you knew inside that fat strikers are not good strikers so you limited his goal count to a single goal. So all of this could've been avoided if you simply said "no" to my initial question of "Can you be fat and a good striker?"

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Hmmm interesting...so again you agree with me. Fat strikers are poo poo indeed.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

euroboy posted:

Ronaldo isn't fat anymore though

Good point maybe Jozy can get into shape like Ronaldo and be slightly less poo poo

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
No one else seems to have any problems but I will take your inquiry to heart and try to improve so you can better read my posts about Jozy Altidore. I will admit though it will be hard to please you regarding Jozy Altidore posts seeing as you spend most of your day looking them up on the internet to hilariously re-post in this thread.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Hmmm you should be more careful with your accusations imo.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called Ronaldo fat earlier.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Why does Emile Heskey always get compared to Jozy? Heskey at Jozy's age was much much better. Even old Heskey put up more goals.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

tetsman posted:

I think he hates Mexicans and English is his second language, so please be kind to my MLS Racist friend.

Actually a USA fan bought this avatar for me because I wanted Mexico to beat France in the world cup and he was outraged. I love Mexico and they are the most powerful footballing nation in the world.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Pissflaps posted:

jozyalidore.com

I don't think that's a real site can you check your sources

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Dickail Bulgeakov posted:

He'll be marking a competent player

Well both Clint Dempsey and Michael Bradley are out injured so we are flat out of competent players for this match

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
In case anyone was wondering it was the easiest goal I've ever seen in my life. Jozy has looked the worst of any player on either team and got gifted a goal by Edgar Castillo.

Also our first goal was by Zusi who quite literally had to dribble around Jozy's body to score because Jozy fell down for no reason.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKsyNILhbg

Best goal I've ever seen he had to make his way through Jozy's gigantic body on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Crunkjuice posted:

Fun fact, jozy is now the 6th all time scorer for the USA! What esteemed players hold this prestigious record for other national teams?

The amazing Kenny Miller, who is currently having a blast in MLS with the Vancouver Whitecaps, is Scotland's 6th top scorer. Truly cherished company.

• Locked thread