Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He will triple his Premier League goals tally by scoring another 2 goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'd like to see a graph with predicted goals on the Y axis and distance from America on the X I think it would be enlightening

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Ponce de Le0n posted:

looking at jozy play i think his problem might be that if anything he hits the ball a bit too well.

lol

Where's shinroller on the graph though? -10%?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I know they won't count for this all important competition, but does anyone think Jozy might bag a couple tonight against MK Dons?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

jyrka posted:

Hope he doesn't score just for the new American Sunderland fans' posts on whatever that forum is called. It's great fun.

That you do. Consider yourself lucky. We American fans are going to put Sunderland on the map or else it will be going to back just 4 of you in an empty stadium.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I think you two are being too generous. Premier League and maybe the Championship are the only competitive matches imo. Everything else is friendlies.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I'm starting to feel like my prediction of 2 goals might have been a bit optimistic

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

He's so bad the fans are calling for experimental football robot 'Mandron' to start ahead of him

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Willie Mays sounds like an obscenely shaped tourist attraction

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

ragle posted:

Jay Bothroyd is capped for England.

Bothroyd's meagre 6 goal haul in 62 Prem appearances is still more than twice as good as Jozy's 2 in 43.

I genuinely can't think of another striker with a worse Prem record. Even previous Eredivisie failure examples Alves and Kezman managed 10/42 and 4/25.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Haggis Heed posted:

I hate the fact that Sunderland scored 4 today without him for most of the game and it's basically disproved the whole "well if he played for a team that could score goals, he'd he banding them in" argument. But, because he won a penalty by literally falling over the ball then diving into a player, the Jozy fan boys will put it down as an assist and say he helped the team out.

Has Jozy ever assisted a goal without either knocking the ball away with a lovely first touch or falling over it and winning the team a penalty?

He's literally the biggest joke player in the world

Why can't you just be happy for the lad, he contributed today in his own way.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Eboracum posted:

Not sure that's true.

Boyd was the proto-Jozy, he had posters of the same nationality as him insisting that he was a good striker even though it was readily apparent that he wasn't, just like Josmer.

The difference being that Boyd scored his goals in an even worse league and then couldn't even hack it in the Championship.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Double You Double You Dee Open Brackets Empsey Close Brackets Dee

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Heskey would have to play a further 2124 Prem games without scoring to have a record as bad as Jozy. Thats 56 seasons.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

belgend posted:

i'm trying to think of players worse than jozy in the prem. even jovanovic could score against football league opposition. balaban maybe, but he put more effort in

Balaban played 8 times in the Prem and scored none, in the tradition of this thread that either means he scored once every zero matches or once every infinity matches, its impossible to know for sure.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

jyrka posted:

Here's a soccer stat for you I just calculated: If Jozy indeed weighs 174 pounds then Sunderland could have bought his weight in gold over 4 times for the transfer fee they paid him.

Tough choice, should they have gone with the large, inert and unreactive lump, or should they have bought the gold?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Fat Lowtax posted:

Between Jozy Altidore and Danny Graham I almost wonder if people at Sunderland have inside information that Connor Wickham was at the center of some kind of horrible atrocity

He was, its called Ipswich

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

chuggo is BACK posted:

Danny Graham's appalling tbf, also a reminder that Torres cost 50 million pounds

For Graham's Prem record to be worse than Jozy's he'd have to not score for another 352 games, thats 9 seasons.

I genuinely think Jozy has the worst Prem goalscoring record of any striker who has played a decent number of games.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Taff posted:

Cornelius at Cardiff.

He only played 8 games, all as a substitute

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

john steed: 13 premier league goals over three seasons
Daryl Murphy: 4 in three seasons but didnt he play as a winger?
David Healy: 4 in three seasons

all better than jozy and i bet none of them came close to costing eight million pounds

All three have better Prem goals per game than Jozy. Murphy comes closest with a goal every 18 games compared to Jozy's goal every 26.5, so if Jozy scores in his next game we can safely say that he's as good as Daryl Murphy.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Crapperland doesn't even work ffs. Blunderland, Chunderland its not hard

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The difference between Jozy and RVW is that Ricky at least is putting the effort in, similarly Elmander today who's been fairly shite all season completely outshone Jozy today and he's old and on loan so you'd forgive him for not really giving a poo poo.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Baldo Di Gregorio posted:

He was lazy and disinterested in that U21 game as well. His lack of skill at the PL level has been totally unsurprising but his poo poo attitude has been the biggest surprise. I think he definitely goes somewhere he can be a big fish next year, challenges aren't for Jozy

This is a big part of why Sunderland fans hate him imo. A bit of effort goes a long way to getting the fans behind a limited player.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

sticksy posted:

see also: Cattermole, Lee

Although any support he gets still baffles me though since his only contribute seems to be kicking people really hard, not actually tackling well.

Kicking people really hard is the other way for a limited player to get the fans onside

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

Instead of lazily comparing him to Bony and Lukaku why don't they compare him to Ade Akinbiyi and Trevor Benjamin.

Akinbiyi in the Prem: 76 games 11 goals
Benjamin: 36 games 1 goal

Finally someone with a record worse than Jozy!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jozy's brand

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I love N'wich C'ty and I really hope we don't come up goose-eggs

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Zone 5 is the most dangerous considering it probably got several North Koreans executed

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

To be fair, other than the word 'merely' thats pretty accurate.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

You could probably make a whole Wutang pun team. e.g. Inspectah Cech, Ghostface Kenny Miller

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Mesüt Man

and his partner Nathan Redmand

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I predicted 2 and I'm happy with that. I think I played with the correct strategy and its not me thats let the side down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Remake Cool Runnings with the USMNT and football imo

• Locked thread