Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Jozy will score 13 goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
There will be bushels of sexy Jozy Altiphwoar goals this year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Tbh if you'd grown up in America and then realised what cheese and bacon really are you're gonna get fat too.

As an American and someone that predicted an absurdly high number of goals, my feelings have been hurt so many times in this thread, but this post cuts the deepest of all. Our bacon is delicious god drat it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
There's no Barclay's Premier League on NBC Sports featuring The Sunderland Black Cats this weekend. This seems like a perfectly appropriate conversation given these circumstances.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

I was wondering if Jozy happened to play in and score the one goal in Sunderland's 3-1 loss against Sunderland's U-21 team. Does anyone know?

He's with the US team right now, so no, he did not score that goal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I drank the Jozy kool aid and now I have dysentery.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I don't know gifman, the evidence is starting to be overwhelming.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

For every goal Jozy scores in this 2013-2014 Premier League season, I will donate 5 (just five) pounds to a charity of TRP's choosing.

Jozy's Haiti water charity sounds like a good choice.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Ponce de Le0n posted:

if jozy moved to turkey, i wonder if he would get the same response vassel got.

He already did.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

vaginal culture posted:

Any Gifs of the Jozy assist for us west coast sleep havers?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
To commemorate his time there, next week Jozy will score one (1) goal against Hull.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Taff posted:

Man of the match. I may have to start a separate chart for this, any real football men know a mans performance to the team is more important than individual merits like goals.

That was a really versatile performance from Jozy. He was asked to do a lot of things today and did really well I thought. Played a part in two goals. Good hold up play. Good game.

There aren't a lot of players in the league that you can tell to go give Tiote hell, and they get it done. I can't think of another forward off the top of my head. Maybe Rooney, although he doesn't have Jozy's size, which to me is what was giving Tiote trouble.

T. Finninho posted:

That replay is the reverse angle, it's even clearer on the proper angle as he never once had his head up or had any awareness that Borini is near him. He's watching it into his feet all the way and still fucks up the touch, thankfully it rolls to an actual striker

the bad touch argument is getting relly old and annoying. do you guys remember jozys assist against PSV where they won 3-0 (cant find a video). he controlled the ball and gave a very good reverse pass, guess what, everyone said it was a bad touch. you always have to give the payer benefit of doubt, you cant read his mind, imo it wasnt an intentional pass but he seemed to want to control the ball turn and maybe pass or shoot but when he saw borini coming at it he left it. not a bad touch of any kind.

Scott Bakula posted:

I'm not sure whats worse. Jozy loving up so badly it led to Sunderland scoring or just scoring himself

It’s is frustrating watching Altidore play for Sunderland knowing he would be perfect playing with Ben Arfa and Remy as part of a front 3.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

Jozy has the touch of a rapist and would look poo poo whoever he was playing with and for because he is a poo poo footballer and needs to gently caress off immediately.

I bet you're American. The only people who think like you do are a few Americans and that Dutch guy who sensibly stopped posting about Jozy one match into the season.

I'm actually every American.

those are all posts from American soccer boards today defending Jozy from these types of statements

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Were either of Sunderland's goals from deft one touch Jozy assists?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He's poo poo and a diver.

That doesn't rule him out for being the best USMNT striker in the PL though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Our friends at Big Soccer haven't given up hope, it's still definitely not his fault. These are all within the past 24 hours.

quote:

I'm starting to change my tune about Altidore's time with Sunderland. After watching his brief appearance today, I have changed the blame from Altidore to the team that he plays for, IMO.

Altidore did his job well today. He came in to hold up the ball and act as a target forward, and did his job as well as you could have asked for. Altidore had absolutely no support up top, and did well given the situation most of the times that the ball was booted to him.

Reading big soccer, I couldn't believe some of the reactions. Some people were actually critiquing his play. Was Altidore supposed to dribble through the whole Manchester City defense with no help? Sunderland parked the bus, so Altidore had no help.

The reason that my tune has changed is I have realized the job that he has had to do. For instance today, he didn't have one attacking chance or wasn't in one threatening attacking position. I don't believe Altidore has had more than four or five quality attacking chances this year, and strikers don't finish every chance they get.

Altidore has probably had as many quality attacking chances this year with Sunderland as he had with AZ Alkmaar during a typical game. Strikers need to score goals in the league, but when you don't get attacking chances, you can't score goals. It doesn't matter if Messi or Ronaldo played for Sunderland, 5 attacking chances is 5 attacking chances. No one can score 10 goals with 5 chances. Jozy can't be blamed for not scoring goals when he doesn't get attacking chances.

quote:

I'd be curious how someone like Van Persie would do on this team. I'd wager he'd have a tough time breaking 10.

quote:

He hasn't threatened the goal because he doesn't get chances. Strikers that can't create on their own can't score ten goals with 5 chances. He is a striker that needs service to score goals, and he hasn't gotten that necessary service. How many good chances has he gotten this season? It can't be more than four or five. Tons of strikers miss four or five good chances in a row. For most strikers, thats called a bad game. Unfortunately for Altidore, thats a bad three months with Sunderland. He doesn't get proper service.

quote:

Whoever is defending Sunderland and accusing Jozy of not doing enough, you do realize Sunderland is the worst team in the Prem right? Hell, they might even be terrible in the Championship. Put Jozy on a team that plays actual football like Arsenal, Liverpool, Swansea, or even SoTo and he would be bagging goals.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

Did somebody, somewhere use the abbreviations 'SoTo' for Southampton?

They did.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Gifman?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

No we disowned his Benedict Arnold rear end. #trader

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

pissy smelliott posted:

weird I don't see his shorts coming down

and we're the racists?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

A challenge to Jozy fans: explain in what way Jozy isn't utterly irredeemable dogturd because his record suggests he is. He's the pits. A real stinker.

He kicks the ball really hard and it goes past poo poo Jamaican players into the goal, which allows our country, the United States of America, to participate in the World Cup.

That's not really an argument against him being dogturd, or the pits, or a real stinker, but it explains why we love him so.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jozy is a good lad

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Nice goal that

Edit: whoa how did I end up in this thread

yeah those words will never be uttered here

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I read perhaps my favorite explanation for Jozy's goal scoring struggles:

"Jozy just has way too much composure upfront, he has this tendency to delay his shot and tends to take a touch too many upfront giving away chances."

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Source that quote.

as always, Big Soccer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

NeoNaoNeo posted:

There was some quote in this topic recently about how Jozy wasn't doing that badly when there have been other terrible signings. One listed was Wilfried Bony, who scored the same number of goals today in 45 minutes that Jozy has scored in 45 premier league games

swap teams and they swap stats, simple as that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jozy can't pass

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

oh dear

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I so, so hope that he is NYCFC's first dp. They're probably too smart for that though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Stinky Pit posted:

Hahaha that guy was a complete turd in the total embarrassment that is the Mexican Primera I'll be amazed if he manages a single goal for Sunderland.

The posters at Grande Futbol will blame Larsson and Johnson.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Jozy proves that you don't need assists to be an assister but he is an assister.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol he loving retweeted this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

our men on the ground

Jozy infected them, hasn't he.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

Even though he didn't score today and only came off the bench, it looks like Connor Wickham is ready to take Jozy's place in the first eleven.

Not scoring for Sunderland is in fact Jozy's place in the first 11, so you might be right.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It's a real BigSoccer post.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

I think if Jozy Altidore scores the winning goal against Manchester City every Manchester City poster has to get Jozy Altidore avs.

I think if that happens, this forum should be The Jozy Trophy Pit for at least a week, or another title befitting such an achievement of athletic excellence.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
He won't be completely anonymous, you'll see him huffing and puffing and throwing a fit towards his teammates quite a lot I'll bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

quote:

This is devastating, have been waiting for weeks for Jozy’s chance to play in this final in rockin’ Wembley. Is Jozy injured? Is he sick? If not there is one possible explanation for the snub that comes to mind.

quote:

Great. I don’t think Jozy has gotten a pass like that all season. Borini scores and may stick at the striker spot. I think Gus only sees Jozy and Fletcher as a big, hold up player that have to play isolated hold up play. He puts little guys like Borini and Scocco in and lets them run in space facing goal as part of a unified front three. I don’t think Poyet watched any tape of Jozy at AZ. That kind of pass and play is exactly the type of service Jozy got at AZ and hasn’t gotten at Sunderland. Ugh, this is not good.

quote:

Soccer is stupid and a complete waste of time.

• Locked thread