Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Railgun
Aug 12, 2010

Richard M Nixon posted:

The mount is rank 3 (top tier) and the cheapest T3 mount you can buy is the heavy inferno nightmare from the AH at 740k AD, which is $22 bucks.

You're comparing an accountwide mount to a single character mount. Stormraider Clydesdale is what you're looking to compare it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Railgun posted:

You're comparing an accountwide mount to a single character mount. Stormraider Clydesdale is what you're looking to compare it to.

Good point, I didn't think about the account-wide stuff. Change the mount value to $25, but if you aren't using an alt then it's not really worth the added cost.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
The Stormraider Clydesdale is $20.

houseofmangle
May 18, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

The 600k AD is worth $17.80 if you convert from zen, so keep that in mind.

The best things you get are the mount and companion. The mount is rank 3 (top tier) and the cheapest T3 mount you can buy is the heavy inferno nightmare from the AH at 740k AD, which is $22 bucks. The companion is an epic striker (dps that can go all the way to level 30, which is 60 in player levels) which is great unless you are a class that needs a heal or tank companion. I hear that at 60 you really want augment pets, but I'm not there yet so YMMV. The cheapest epic striker is the Phoera, which goes for 149k AD, or about 4.50.

You get a respec token, which might be helpful at 60, valued at 300z. You also get a third character slot, valued at half the two-pack character slot value, or 250z. Total that's $5.50 in value.

You get a greater stone of health, which you can buy from the zen store for 1500z ($15) but it's on the AH for 140k AD, which is about $4.20 right now so we'll go with that.

Right now you're at $54. You get a few little trinkets and extra whizbangs on your account like a gold pretty fairy mask, unlimited party poppers, a cosmetic weapon enchant, a better starter weapon, a 10k XP booster (:meh:), and a few other useless things. If all that's worth the $6 difference, I'd say go for it. Remember, for a few dollars (maybe 10) here and there extra, you can pick out different mounts or companions, whereas you're locked in when you buy the pack. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, I bought a pet and mount from the AH and it cost me $35, and if I ever want AD to buy poo poo from the AH with, I'll just buy zen as I need it. There isn't really and ~massive savings~ to be had with the packs, because something something about revenue per paying customer or some economics crap, I don't know.

It's important to mention that the companion and mount is for every character you have. I believe if you buy one from the store is only for a single character. I have five 60s so thats 5 epic mounts so the value adds up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Has anyone gotten their 3 professions to level 20? Just curious because it's taking a long rear end time...

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Has anyone gotten their 3 professions to level 20? Just curious because it's taking a long rear end time...

I hit level 60 well before I hit level 10 on any professions so yeah it takes a while.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm on my first character at level 44 and I have been doing Leadership, which is at level 13. My girlfriend is the same level and has Mailsmithing at 12. We've been using Gateway from our phones to queue stuff while at work.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Opposing Farce posted:

I hit level 60 well before I hit level 10 on any professions so yeah it takes a while.

Yeah but the gateway plus professions is the only reason I haven't completely given up on Neverwinter. I stopped logging into the game at L30 and just do leadership professions in the browser while I'm at home and via my phone at work or out and about. I've made 7 levels, a load of gold/diamonds, a pile of various boxes and L16 in leadership now.

The gateway idea is very good, it keeps people in touch with the game and increases the chance someone will return.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I managed to reach mailsmithing at level 20 well before anything else. I'm still working on Leadership. And I reached level 60 a long time ago.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just to double check, the mounts in the Zen store that say "reclaimable by all characters - not resellable" are account wide unlocks right?

Edit: And what is this rock companion everyone says you want for end game? the $20 one in the store or a purple one?

Railgun
Aug 12, 2010

Thronde posted:

Just to double check, the mounts in the Zen store that say "reclaimable by all characters - not resellable" are account wide unlocks right?

Edit: And what is this rock companion everyone says you want for end game? the $20 one in the store or a purple one?

Yes.

Ioun Stone of Allure used to be the pet rock everyone went for, and I suppose it can be upgraded to purple now. If I were to choose an Ioun stone between Allure, Strength and whatever else has been added I would look at the total offensive stats, unless I had a defensive build, of each pet upgraded to or at level 30 and add them up. If one has a higher total than the others then it's better because you can always alter your enchantments to accommodate and still hit your ideal diminishing returns for each value. If they're all equal then I'd pick whichever one is financially cheapest.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Makes sense, I only see Allure in the Zstore, so I'm banking on it being the financially most expensive. Also, some guy who wrote up a decent looking Renegade PVP CW guide said the devs have screwed the economy :cryptic: and he's not playing/working the guide anymore. There any truth to all his rant?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?433011-Jawarisin-s-Analytic-on-a-Renegade-PVP-build-View-from-an-End-Game-person

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
He's just being a baby. Personally I've found it easier to get diamonds with the change and regularly hit the 24k RAD refining limit with my main character. Though it helps that I've got leadership maxed on her. Seriously, max leadership ASAP. I only bother running dungeons when I feel like it and the loot options feel better now. I guess he's mad now that he can't glitch grind Castle Never and flood the market with ancient weapons. :shobon:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm working on figuring out stats for the Guardian Fighter and I've found a few interesting things that I would like some input on. Firstly, I found that all the stat contributions change as I level. At 45 I was getting 26% defense with 1600 points, but at 47 I get 25.5 with the same amount. I'm wondering how it will look at 60.

Defense gives diminishing returns which look like they converge at about 30% damage reduction (not counting AC). Power, as far as I can tell, is static and gives .04 extra damage per point forever. I am also monitoring recovery, deflection, crit, arpen, and lifesteal, which all seem to be gaining % per point as they go up, which is odd. Maybe they'll cap, I'll check as I get more gear.

I never got any advice on GF tanking when I posted earlier, but for now I am trying to maintain 25% DR from defense, then prioritize deflection until I can find the dropoff in points, at which point I think I'll go for arpen and maybe recovery. As it stands I'm not really caring too much about power because I suck rear end at DPS and I don't think it's my job as tank to try and do too much damage, but I'm interested to hear some 60s' views of the game.

Semisponge posted:

He's just being a baby. Personally I've found it easier to get diamonds with the change and regularly hit the 24k RAD refining limit with my main character. Though it helps that I've got leadership maxed on her. Seriously, max leadership ASAP. I only bother running dungeons when I feel like it and the loot options feel better now. I guess he's mad now that he can't glitch grind Castle Never and flood the market with ancient weapons. :shobon:

Can you give a brief breakdown of AD income at 60? How much time does it take you to hit the cap? What methods of income are there? What are you doing?

Oh, and there is some newbie GF in gchat that I've been talking to and spent some time last night discussing a few powers with. Which one of you is that?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Oh, and there is some newbie GF in gchat that I've been talking to and spent some time last night discussing a few powers with. Which one of you is that?

Probably me. I started playing.. last Saturday night I think?

I have:
FlammaDea - 19 CW
Thorim Forgefire - 13 Cleric
Hornof Goondor - 12 GWF
Dierdre Fortis - 21 GF

Right now I kind of like the GF the best, with the CW coming in 2nd.

As far as diminishing returns, I haven't really dug too deeply into it yet, but other people have done all that math already:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...nishing+Returns

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

The pain of playing this became too intense when I was chasing a chicken around a farm and I logged out. I haven't play in a few weeks. Does this mean all my daily logins are gone I had over a 100 total and I know you could miss a day or two but weeks?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

The pain of playing this became too intense when I was chasing a chicken around a farm and I logged out. I haven't play in a few weeks. Does this mean all my daily logins are gone I had over a 100 total and I know you could miss a day or two but weeks?

If you're talking about Celestial and Ardent coins, only Celestial coins (the ones that cap out at 7) disappear if you don't log in. You still have all your ardent coins.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The Locator posted:

Probably me. I started playing.. last Saturday night I think?

I have:
FlammaDea - 19 CW
Thorim Forgefire - 13 Cleric
Hornof Goondor - 12 GWF
Dierdre Fortis - 21 GF

Right now I kind of like the GF the best, with the CW coming in 2nd.

As far as diminishing returns, I haven't really dug too deeply into it yet, but other people have done all that math already:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...nishing+Returns

Yep it's you.

Thanks for that link - loving awesome stuff there.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Richard M Nixon posted:

Can you give a brief breakdown of AD income at 60? How much time does it take you to hit the cap? What methods of income are there? What are you doing?

I in fact did that in my OP but I can go over it again.

Maxed leadership: there's a level 20 task that gives you 1600 diamonds. 3x1600 = 4800. It takes 12 hours if you have white guys, less if you have the asset pack guys, so roughly 9600 per day. There are other rare tasks which also give 1600 diamonds but they consume resources and aren't always there when I'm crafting.

Lord Protector's daily: it's just one of the daily tasks, but with double the diamond reward, so 2000-8000 per day. The only one I don't bother doing is Dread Vault because gently caress ever doing that dungeon.

Dailies:
All phases of Gauntlgrym = 5000
4 pvps = 4000
4 foundries = 4000 (though I don't usually bother with this one because it takes a long time)
Dread Vault = 3000 (but again, gently caress that)

Skirmishes don't have a daily but if you do them during skirmish hour you get 1000 diamonds per run.

Salvaging level 60 purple items will also get you up to 10,000 RAD a piece (though the average is more around 5000 in my experience).

Then you have dungeon hour, where if you do a dungeon during that hour you get bound purple loot to either use or salveage from the chest. And the chests are a lot better now, they give you a choice of one of three items to choose from, so if you're looking for something in particular you have a somewhat better chance at getting it. Bosses still drop unbound loot that goes for quite a bit more on the AH now that most stuff is bound...you just have to hope you win the roll.

There's also loving around with Zen--either by trying to play the zen-AD exchange (a terrible idea most of the time since it doesn't fluctuate enough) or gambling and buying enchanted keys which occasionally can get you a nice return but usually operates on a loss. I still like buying some once in a while because it's fun.

I spend most of my time doing Sharandar and pvp, and Gauntlgrym if I'm on when it starts. Sharandar is nice because you have a chance of getting purple items to salvage. Grinding the Gauntlgrym dungeon gets you both grym coins and phoenix seals which you can use to buy more purple items to salvage. And of course pvp glory will get you stuff to salvage.

I do end up spending a lot of time playing this game but mostly because I have multiple characters and no job and it's easy to fart around crafting and wandering around and talking to people. The midsummer event has definitely extended my playtime because pigguuuus. If I try to be efficient and my pvp rounds go well (sometimes if you win by enough you get credit for two rounds for the daily), maybe an hour-hour and a half. The real time sink is dungeons, especially if it's with pubbies who don't know what they're doing or drop out right before the end boss which happens WAY TOO OFTEN. In all, it's a lot easier to get diamonds without having to grind out dungeons over and over which is what you used to have to do.

Edit: reminder to make heavy use of the gateway for crafting if you're not like me and have a real life.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 15, 2013

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

What the everliving gently caress is with people refusing to speak in dungeons. Maybe one person ever will say "ok" to a single question, and then it's loving silence. Either everyone is some aspergersy gently caress who pretends everyone else is an NPC or they're foreigners who for some reason want to play in our glorious freedom servers. It's so frustrating being unable to coordinate party actions when nobody is capable of simple speech. I've never seen an MMO with such a lack of group cohesion. :psyboom:

Great writeup. Thanks for the information on moneymaking!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

What the everliving gently caress is with people refusing to speak in dungeons. Maybe one person ever will say "ok" to a single question, and then it's loving silence. Either everyone is some aspergersy gently caress who pretends everyone else is an NPC or they're foreigners who for some reason want to play in our glorious freedom servers. It's so frustrating being unable to coordinate party actions when nobody is capable of simple speech. I've never seen an MMO with such a lack of group cohesion. :psyboom:

Heh, I noticed this as well.

Me: Hey, Stop! We are passing a boss!
Me: Back here, Boss below!
Me: COME BACK, BOSS!
5 minutes later, 3 of them are finally with me.
4th pubbie, fighting god knows what, 500m ahead all by himself, without a tank or healer: Help me!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Pigs?

Pigs.

I haven't progressed very far in this game otherwise (mediocre latency because it appears the servers are approximately on the opposite side of the Earth, and that makes for somewhat unsmooth gameplay), but getting to have not one but two piggy buddies? Totally worth doing all those events. :3:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Servers are not segregated by region so yes, there are a ton of non-english-speakers.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Semisponge posted:

Servers are not segregated by region so yes, there are a ton of non-english-speakers.
I find this irritating because it's not well done. Some game (I don't remember which) had mixed servers and they at least had built in autotranslate from source to local selected language, so everyone would get a nice google translated chat and could at least try to interact. I see item links in a foreign language all the time and it's just odd that if PWE was going to cut corners and not segregate servers that they would at least support everyone playing together in some way.

The Locator posted:

4th pubbie, fighting god knows what, 500m ahead all by himself, without a tank or healer: Help me!
:argh::respek::argh: (that doesn't look so good)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Locator posted:

Try saying it in Portuguese, or Russian!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I remember on my free trial of Final Fantasy XI having to deal with non-english speakers pretty frequently. They had some kind of system where you could pick phrases from a menu (kinda like the orange sign system in Dark Souls). It worked pretty well!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I would really love to establish a group to do Malabolg about 2-3 times a week. Can I get enough goons interested in this, since pubbies are terrible ?!

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I hadn't noticed you could open chests, sell items to vendors, and buy profession resources through the gatway until recently. No need for that pesky "log into the game" thing anymore,

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Daler Mehndi posted:

I hadn't noticed you could open chests, sell items to vendors, and buy profession resources through the gatway until recently. No need for that pesky "log into the game" thing anymore,

Also, as someone else pointed out the other day, the items purchased on the gateway are delivered directly to your character. Even if you are logged into the game, buying supplies through the gateway is better unless you are actually standing right in front of a vendor anyway.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Did they fix the issue with AD not being delivered when the Leadership task was completed through the gateway?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Yes, I'm not sure it was ever a bug because suddenly I had about 200,000 unrefined diamonds. Or maybe they made it retroactive or something.

Anyway, the new gateway is great, yes.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Semisponge posted:

Maxed leadership: there's a level 20 task that gives you 1600 diamonds. 3x1600 = 4800. It takes 12 hours if you have white guys, less if you have the asset pack guys, so roughly 9600 per day. There are other rare tasks which also give 1600 diamonds but they consume resources and aren't always there when I'm crafting.
You can pick up the asset pack guys on the AH for not all that much. Don't buy the greens, though; focus on the blues and purples, because they're much more cost-effective, at least for Leadership. The blues go for, 100,000 and change, and the purples for 400,000 and change. Worthwhile investment, I figure, especially since buying two purples gets you an extra crafting slot (assuming you haven't opened up the "+100% speed" slot yet).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Good to know that PVP is even more of a poo poo show than it was before. So they ultra nerfed rogues and CWs are basically untouchable.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Play GWF, wreck everything except clerics.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Stanley Pain posted:

Good to know that PVP is even more of a poo poo show than it was before. So they ultra nerfed rogues and CWs are basically untouchable.

Why do wizards get to dodge more than rogues :argh:

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 18, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to make a Drow Ranger :getin:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
New patch today.

quote:

After interacting with the Professions window the Escape key will now properly also close all windows again.

Finally! :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stanley Pain posted:

Can't wait to make a Drow Ranger :getin:

Is there an ETA when Rangers will be introduced?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
"By the end of the year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irukandji
Aug 24, 2013
Hi all. how's it going? just read through the post and am wondering do you guys play on mindflayer only or also on other servers?

• Locked thread