Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The box automatically opens when you receive it anyway, so just do those quests as part of your dailies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Wyld Karde posted:

The box automatically opens when you receive it anyway, so just do those quests as part of your dailies.

If you fill up your currency tab and have either no scrolls or no ciphers there you can 'save' boxes and open them on a specific day if you really want to go through that hassle.

The issue then is having to get rid of ciphers/scrolls if you want to save them up for another day since the game won't let you delete them.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 10, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

PM me if you want my nvida code for this game.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Sandweed posted:

PM me if you want my nvida code for this game.

I don't have PMs, would it be ok if you sent the code to my email?

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 10, 2014

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

What do you guys do with the piles of onyx fragments and fomorian crap that you collect? Trading them for scrolls and crescents seems like a waste. I guess that can help you buy a key to run a dungeon, but that costs 5k crystals as well, and you will barely earn that back.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DevNull posted:

What do you guys do with the piles of onyx fragments and fomorian crap that you collect? Trading them for scrolls and crescents seems like a waste. I guess that can help you buy a key to run a dungeon, but that costs 5k crystals as well, and you will barely earn that back.

Save them for an alt / put them in the guild bank / discard.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Trade them in for unicorn seals. It's not a very good exchange rate but eventually you get enough to buy a purple ring to turn into RAD.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Semisponge posted:

Trade them in for unicorn seals. It's not a very good exchange rate but eventually you get enough to buy a purple ring to turn into RAD.

That is what I figured. What does the rings give you, 5k?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Semisponge posted:

40 concoctions for 1 seal. 5 for 1 crescent. Which means every 2 seals is worth 1 potion of heroism which sells for 1-1.5k on the AH. How many seals for that ring?

Fragments certainly aren't worth anything. But the potions of heroism seem to be a decent option.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

DevNull posted:

That is what I figured. What does the rings give you, 5k?

Rings give you 3k AD so every onyx fragment averages out to about 2 RAD.

Enjoy your treasure.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

40 concoctions for 1 seal. 5 for 1 crescent. Which means every 2 seals is worth 1 potion of heroism which sells for 1-1.5k on the AH. How many seals for that ring?

Fragments certainly aren't worth anything. But the potions of heroism seem to be a decent option.

Thank, I will take a look at those.

tunare78 posted:

Rings give you 3k AD so every onyx fragment averages out to about 2 RAD.

Enjoy your treasure.

13 currencies, but 12 of them are worthless.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Those crazy bastards actually did it, next CTA is the bridge encounter.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Azhais posted:

Those crazy bastards actually did it, next CTA is the bridge encounter.

Everybody make sure your "Fall back!" macro is bound and ready.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I went on the preview server this weekend checking out the new area. I tried to do some of the content but it was tough. I could solo some of the heroic encounters with my HR, but others just wiped the floor with me. Some encounters specifically suggested 3+ players, one even suggested 10. The most frustrating thing about them is that they divert your sparkles as you get close, which makes avoiding them difficult as you travel around.

The whole area reminded me of walking into the Drow area for the first time. I kept getting killed repeatedly and had to really pay attention to everything. I had to watch my agro, keep checking the map, and avoid mobs that I knew I couldn't handle alone. So grouping up to do daily's will probably be a thing.

The Black Ice gear doesn't look all that great to me, but I imagine infusing them will make them OP as f*ck or something, I don't know.

I also noticed everybody seemed to choose the Arcane Brotherhood. I think that was because the sparkles led you to their recruiter after the NPC told you to pick a side.

Overall, I would say it felt like they opened up GG 24 hours a day and took away the guild requirement.

P.S. I counted like 3 new currencies.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

TracerM17 posted:

I went on the preview server this weekend

How does the post-60 XP work? DO you just get a random reward for every Y amount of XP you earn or does the amount necessary to earn rewards increase each time you earn one?

I read on the Neverwinter forums that the rewards include Tomes of XP for both companions and alts, enchanting crap and RAD.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Exodor posted:

How does the post-60 XP work? DO you just get a random reward for every Y amount of XP you earn or does the amount necessary to earn rewards increase each time you earn one?

I read on the Neverwinter forums that the rewards include Tomes of XP for both companions and alts, enchanting crap and RAD.

I levelled once myself, got the ability point, the tome of xp, and two tomes of companion xp. I believe someone in here mentioned that it's likely to always reward that until you have every ability at max rank, where RAD will be awarded instead or the ability point.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

TracerM17 posted:

I went on the preview server this weekend checking out the new area. I tried to do some of the content but it was tough. I could solo some of the heroic encounters with my HR, but others just wiped the floor with me. Some encounters specifically suggested 3+ players, one even suggested 10. The most frustrating thing about them is that they divert your sparkles as you get close, which makes avoiding them difficult as you travel around.

Some of the heroic encounters use the wrong enemy stats. There's a 3-man barbarian encounter in the south that's easy to solo, and there's an identical 3-man barbarian encounter on the north side that's identical, except everything has 5 times the HP, and a similar increase to damage. The rewards are the same.

I'm guessing all the 3-man heroic encounters are supposed to be the easy version, or else most pubbies wouldn't stand a chance even if they grouped up.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Dilb posted:

Some of the heroic encounters use the wrong enemy stats. There's a 3-man barbarian encounter in the south that's easy to solo, and there's an identical 3-man barbarian encounter on the north side that's identical, except everything has 5 times the HP, and a similar increase to damage. The rewards are the same.

I'm guessing all the 3-man heroic encounters are supposed to be the easy version, or else most pubbies wouldn't stand a chance even if they grouped up.

Maybe they have varying difficulties to see which has the difficulty level they are aiming for. I watched 20k HP disappear in a second or two in some of the harder ones.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Module 3 will release May 13.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Will have to check test again at some point to see how things look.

Rank 7 enchants are down to 35-40k so now is a good time to upgrade if you still have your 5s and 6s

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Will have to check test again at some point to see how things look.

Rank 7 enchants are down to 35-40k so now is a good time to upgrade if you still have your 5s and 6s

Cheap enchants for poors, riches don't need to upgrade their tens, but the middle group is looking to pay top AD for their enchants. The US is Neverwinter IRL.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Semisponge posted:

Module 3 will release May 13.

That's a long time to wait to be interested in the game again. :negative:

I guess it means I don't have to update the power switcher for a while, though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well the capture the bridge event is on now and the dyes are bright orange and you can get a fire sprite.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
The active bonus on the sprite is AP gain too, which is pretty sweet. It's only 1%, but every bit counts as far as I'm concerned.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Goofballs posted:

Well the capture the bridge event is on now and the dyes are bright orange and you can get a fire sprite.

I'm out of town this weekend, alas.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

I'm out of town this weekend, alas.

If you have gateway access the sprite is going for ~50k AD on the auction house.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Good news for HR's today from the devs.

Gentlemencrush posted:

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in with some news and update changes.

We have been taking a long hard look at Hunter Rangers and where we want them to fall in our combat as well as how various players choose to experience them, and we have decided that we want to make some pretty big changes later on down the road. However we do not want these to be rushed changes to make Module 3, so we are going to be reducing the Split Shot damage reduction pretty heavily as well as leaving in all the other buffs we made.

I don't have much information on the bigger changes we want to make, but we definitely want to provide better tools to facilitate playing as a striker, as well as giving more options for rangers who would like to prefer one stance rather than always weaving back and forth. In addition, we do want to provide a tree that can preserve the current play style of weaving Melee and Ranged powers together so that there will be a full suite of options to play a Ranger any way you want to.

I want to stress again that these are big fundamental changes that will be happening farther down the road, and in the short term we are going to just be rolling back some of the damage reduction on split shot while leaving in the buffs and adjustments to other powers.

The change is as listed below:
Hunter Ranger: Split Shot: The damage reduction on this power has been readjusted. This power now has a total reduction of about 25% (down from 48%).

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Not to be greedy, but I wonder if they will boost electric shot again so it matches the newly less nerfed split shot.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 18, 2014

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

TracerM17 posted:

Good news for HR's today from the devs.

Not to be greedy, but I wonder if they will boost electric shot again so it matches the newly less nerfed split shot.

I would be a happy, happy goon if they did that.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Barakas Balorfist posting as asked.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
What's the best thing to do with these 600+ CTA medals I have? Cash them in on the random bags? Save them for next time?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

PFlats posted:

What's the best thing to do with these 600+ CTA medals I have? Cash them in on the random bags? Save them for next time?

If there's nothing I want I usually hang on to them hoping something good will be in the next CTA store. If I start getting an excess of them (2000 or so) I cash them in on random bags.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 20, 2014

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
Hoo boy running dailies with a Guardian Fighter is like punishment from a spiteful god.

Ed. Bane, I guess

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
So, I'm curious. Someone in another forum mentioned that the game auto-refines what AD it can at 2AM PST, which is when the clock resets on a whole bunch of poo poo (including the daily refine cap). Is there any truth to this?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That wasn't true in the past because I've missed days when I was overcap and had the unrefined ad waiting for me but they may have implemented that for all I know

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Servicio en Espanol posted:

Hoo boy running dailies with a Guardian Fighter is like punishment from a spiteful god.

Ed. Bane, I guess

Or Loviatar

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Servicio en Espanol posted:

Ed. Bane, I guess

Yeah, Fugit is never getting the last Sharandar boon.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Cyntalan posted:

So, I'm curious. Someone in another forum mentioned that the game auto-refines what AD it can at 2AM PST, which is when the clock resets on a whole bunch of poo poo (including the daily refine cap). Is there any truth to this?

Sort of?

1) On my characters with no rough AD backlog, AD from leadership is automatically refined. I get a little message about it the first time I log in each day.

2) On my character with a large rough AD backlog, no AD, neither from leadership or the backlog, gets automatically refined. I need to hit the button every day to refine 24k AD. I do get the message when logging in, but it says "0 AD refined".

Beats me why it works that way, but that's what happens for me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dilb posted:

Sort of?

1) On my characters with no rough AD backlog, AD from leadership is automatically refined. I get a little message about it the first time I log in each day.

2) On my character with a large rough AD backlog, no AD, neither from leadership or the backlog, gets automatically refined. I need to hit the button every day to refine 24k AD. I do get the message when logging in, but it says "0 AD refined".

Beats me why it works that way, but that's what happens for me.

Hmm. Are you using the script? It should automatically refine for you every time it rotates through the characters.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I'm using an older version of the script, because :effort: I don't think the version I have refines at any point.

Even if I do have that version, I don't know why it would be different between my characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dilb posted:

I'm using an older version of the script, because :effort: I don't think the version I have refines at any point.

Even if I do have that version, I don't know why it would be different between my characters.

If you have a new version and it's refining differently per-character, it would be because I am a dummy who does dumb things. The prefs panel will show a checkbox for it if it's supported, and it'll navigate to the inventory page after doing the profession checks (before going to the next character).

• Locked thread