Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

m.hache posted:

Awesome. Anything I should know when first starting out so I don't cripple myself late game? Or is the game forgiving enough that I can just get to 60 and start from there?

Also, if Deckar@thealac could get a guild invite that'd be Rad. I promise not to flood chat with stupid questions.

It's pretty forgiving. I haven't played my GWF for ages so I can't exactly help you with a levelling spec. But getting to 60, respeccing and gearing up is generally the way people go. Do dailies as often as you can, level leadership, always invoke. Leadership will help you end-game with AD, and also help while levelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Is there any way to get the robot to train black ice crafting for you?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

m.hache posted:

Awesome. Anything I should know when first starting out so I don't cripple myself late game? Or is the game forgiving enough that I can just get to 60 and start from there?

It's pretty forgiving. Don't overlook Daring Shout when leveling up. It doesn't do any damage, but the marks it puts on enemies give you a huge damage boost which more outpaces any other skill you could put there.

I did some testing last night, and that skill plus the second Sentinel feat that gives +15% damage to marked targets increased my DPS by a good amount.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Game_Whino posted:

Is there any way to get the robot to train black ice crafting for you?

There's nothing to train, the tiers are unlocked by doing IWD dailies. The most you have to do is refine black ice down once you've crafted your items anyway.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can you refine astral diamonds from the web portal or does that need to be done in game?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

m.hache posted:

Can you refine astral diamonds from the web portal or does that need to be done in game?
Yep, in the Riches section of the Inventory screen is a refine button.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Subjunctive's script automatically refines diamonds for you as well, if you're grinding leadership.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

NatasDog posted:

Subjunctive's script automatically refines diamonds for you as well, if you're grinding leadership.

I had it installed at home but not at work. Doing this now. Is everything automated with this script? or better yet is there a little write up on what it does?

I'm assuming it's this one http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=SnxrRdtH

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
did we get a reset with mod4 or am I blowing AD on dat?

also, patching.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Hey, so just to let anyone know who actually cares about getting any of the summer mounts: They're NOT BoE as the tooltip says. They're actually BoP. I guess some other people have had this issue too: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742231-Pig-Mount-Tooltip-Shows-as-BoE-Actually-its-BoP-Buyer-Beware&p=8822221

I guess I can ride my armored boar around now, and I might still get a pig mount, but I had planned to get some to sell, so this is a bit of a disappointment. Thanks a lot for the awesome screwed-up tooltip, Cryptic!

Falented fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 26, 2014

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

nehezir posted:

did we get a reset with mod4 or am I blowing AD on dat?

also, patching.

CW, HR, and GF got their feat points unassigned. (Boons were untouched.) Nobody else got a reset of any kind.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

PFlats posted:

CW, HR, and GF got their feat points unassigned. (Boons were untouched.) Nobody else got a reset of any kind.

okay. have the theorycrafters on the fansites settled on some solid GF builds yet?

I'll be contacting as sequine@spaggotry when I get a shot.

nehezir fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 26, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Server down for unplanned as far as I can tell maintenance, wonder what's hosed up now.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Cryptic took down all their games, its not Neverwinter specific. At least its only 2 hours though.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Pretty much everything from the event that says Bind on Equip on the tooltip is in reality Bind on Pickup.

This includes the mounts, companion, and endless water toys.

Not sure about the weapon skins.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

service is back

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
How do I get the script to use two adventurers on all Leadership tasks?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Anyone know if the script can be configured to actually make things like armor and weapons? Seems like it only does the 5 minute gathering tasks.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

Anyone know if the script can be configured to actually make things like armor and weapons? Seems like it only does the 5 minute gathering tasks.

If you go into the Dashboard of Grease/Tampermonkey and then open up the script itself and scroll down a bit, you'll see a section for each profession and 20 lines of text under each corresponding to the profession level.

These are the tasks the script tries to run and the priority it tries to run them in at that level, so to adjust that all you need to do is edit in what you'd like.

So, instead of:

pre:
 // Mailsmithing
            taskName:"Armorsmithing_Med",
            level: {
                 0:["Hire your first Prospector"],
                 1:["Chain Boots","Chain Shirt"],
                 2:["Gather Iron Ore","Hire an additional Prospector"],

You can have it run like this:

pre:
 // Mailsmithing
            taskName:"Armorsmithing_Med",
            level: {
                 0:["Hire your first Prospector"],
                 1:["Chain Boots","Chain Shirt"],
                 2:["Chain Boots of Badassdom","Gather Iron Ore","Hire an additional Prospector"],

Just insert the name of the task you want to run into the list in the same formatting, save it, and then reload the Gateway page and restart the script! If your profession isn't already level 20, make sure you adjust the lines for upcoming levels as well, as when you level up it uses the new line to decide what to do!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Thanatosian posted:

How do I get the script to use two adventurers on all Leadership tasks?

Get rid of everything but your adventurers. It intentionally doesn't do it otherwise because it doesn't keep a running tally of how many dudes you have. If you have 6 adventurers for 6 slots, you wouldn't want to double up on them.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Goofballs posted:

Got some advice from a Trickster Rogue I know about how to do respectable damage in dungeons. He kept up with gweefs and cws in module 3 so that's saying something. He's also 17k of gs so that's another thing.

He says for the trash clearing you want lashing, dazing strike and blitz because they can hit multiple targets. At the boss blitz gets dropped for wicked reminder. For trash clearing the best daily is whirlwind of blades and for the boss its still lurkers.

Stats wise you want to focus on armour pen first. He doesn't slot impossible to catch because he has a high deflect so i guess that was important to him too. If you dont have high deflect you put in impossible to catch for dazing. Once you get 24% armour pen you go crit and power. You want to have 50% chance to crit.

This is supposedly a decent enough set of feats http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1fc3cki:100000:15u000:1z00z1&h=0&p=min

This is pretty much every semi-decent TR, aside from actually bothering with aoe for trash (and the geese). I wouldnt expect to get off more than 1 daze+blitz per pull, and dazing's targeting is pretty wonky.. Hard to argue with actual numbers though, so I'll give it a go. Hopefully when I'm sober.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

Get rid of everything but your adventurers. It intentionally doesn't do it otherwise because it doesn't keep a running tally of how many dudes you have. If you have 6 adventurers for 6 slots, you wouldn't want to double up on them.

This gives me the conundrum of having to get rid of mercenaries while the script is running.

The struggle is real.

Sirielia
Jan 5, 2005
Shin <3 <3
Could I get an invite? valyndia@sirielia. Thanks!

Sallius
Apr 1, 2011
Can I get an invite as well? Sallius@sallius. Thanks!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Has anyone else been having issues staying connected to the game lately? I just picked this back up after not playing for some time and I'm getting disconnected half a dozen times every night.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

S.J. posted:

Has anyone else been having issues staying connected to the game lately? I just picked this back up after not playing for some time and I'm getting disconnected half a dozen times every night.

After crashing yesterday evening I havent been able to log in properly. The game verifies all files before logging in, and then either crashes before launching or after a few seconds of play. Hopefully the patch randomly fixes it..

Patchy; "Wondrous Bazaar: Many of the items in the "Special Items" tab of the store have had their AD price reduced. Items included but not limited to: Mount Training Manuals, Companions, Mounts and cosmetic armors.". Oh god I hope this makes purple pig mount affordable.

oriface
Jul 13, 2006
Feasts are no longer Bind on Pickup.

I'm happy about this. Hopefully that is retroactive. Those things are so much better than a dozen potions.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Man did they sculpt their servers out of butter, they seem to be always melting

servers are supposedly back up but i cant invite you clowns to group or seemingly communicate

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 28, 2014

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Could you invite Dockworker@LordHighBokonon? Thanks!

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127761 how much better is this than the 265?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Dunno bro, its probably pretty good.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I have a friend I consult with these things, and this is just barely within my budget for parts this month($260 with it and a PSU before rebates). he said it was at least an improvement and I trust him pretty well.

just figure I'd run things by extra opinions.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
In the Neverwinter online thread?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
are the servers for this game worldwide or restricted to EU / US etc? I'm playing on Dragon server, and would like to join you guys. Got a level 60 GWF with a few epic pieces so far

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Worldwide, except Russia or China or something like that.

I just noticed I made a typo on the opening bid of my Allure Ioun Stone auction, and it's going for about 530,000 right now. Too late to pull it, and it closes at around 7pm EST (I think). I'd rather a goon pick it up at a discount than some random online person.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
could I have an invite to the guild then? acc name Kubaduba , char Kubaduba also

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I run everything at max in Neverwinter with an R9 270x

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

I run everything at max in Neverwinter with an R9 270x

was it requiring 2 slots a problem?

Charles Bukowski posted:

In the Neverwinter online thread?
they gave me advice about it already. I'd like to stay a little consistent with who I talk to about it.

Skilleddk posted:

could I have an invite to the guild then? acc name Kubaduba , char Kubaduba also

I'm getting on sequine@spaggotry in 10 minutes. if you pm me I'll invite you.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is Cryptic not at PAX at all this year? Can't find a booth for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

I have gotten rid of everything except the adventurers, it's still not doing it. I'm guessing I also have to change something in the script?

• Locked thread