Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Railgun posted:

Each zone has its own currency for treasure stash or seal trade-in.

As part of the FotF patch these are being moved into the currency inventory bag. Because of this, they had to increase the number of slots in that bag, despite the fact that right now it's 3 times bigger than it needs to be.

Has anyone ever found the bounty items remotely worthwhile? I once traded in the Mount Hotenow thingies and got some armour that sold for 50k, but I think everything else has been just a random green. And not even a random green that I ever used, even.

LeastActionHero fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Thanatosian posted:

Should I save up my Celestial coins for 7 days and use them on that Ward/Enchantment pack?

Because from the descriptions, the Blessed Professions pack you get for five seems way more likely to give me something awesome I can't otherwise get without spending money.

The day 5 thing goes for like 10k AD on the auction house, while the day 7 thing goes for 20k AD. Basically the only thing of any real value you might get is a coalescent ward, which I'd guess drops around 1/10th of the time. That's actually not too bad, as they're rather pricey.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
It's not even an exploit, it's a bug that was discovered on the test server. The price of AD dropped to 500 AD per Zen, and the official word for the moment is that they're not doing a rollback.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

Any information on how often the mount-purchasing currency is available? Do I have to play every day for all 20 days without fail to get the pig mount? (it's pretty :krad: and I want it).

The blue-ribbon pig requires you to talk to the main quest lady for 15 days. You don't actually have to do any of the activities, those are for earning petals (for part of the fashion clothes, waterskin, or weapons) or for crafting stuff (for the other parts of the clothes, or the food consumables if you want them).

There's also an armoured boar for 10 days, and you can buy extra tokens with trade bars if you're willing to open some lockboxes.

I've also noticed a couple of gameplay things

1) CW skill sudden storm will now crit, making it pretty awesome for damage.
2) Singularity, and maybe other control powers that fling stuff through the air (sunburst and shield pulse, mainly) cause the first Frozen Heart boss to spawn a ridiculous number of trolls. Normally there are only like 5.

I think the same thing applies to the second boss as well. I was half-way through killing it when 3 party members disconnected, leaving me (DC) and a CW, and we we're able to finish killing it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You should almost certainly sell the packs, buy the tools.

Regarding lockboxes, I opened 22 with keys bought with AD, and I pretty much broke even. Every ~20 boxes is enough trade bars for a coalescent ward, and stuff like jewelled idols sell for nearly as much as a box costs in the first place. It's stuff like coffers of runestones that are the real booby prizes.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Any race is perfectly good for any class. Tieflings have a really nice racial ability "+5% damage to targets below half health", which at a whole 2.5% bonus on average, is the best racial ability. Humans get bonus feat points, which is probably better, but eh.

I've got a half-orc wizard, and it works perfectly well for epic dungeons. Knowing how all your skills work is way more important than min-maxing.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
If you want blues while levelling up, buy them from the merchants in Protectors Enclave (for gold, not AD). They only sell them for every 10 levels (20 30 40 50), but it's still better than greens for about 6 levels.

In interesting news, there's a secret boss in Spellplague Caverns. Buggy, but he drops scrolls that summon blue fire eyes as minions for you.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You can do every profession up to 20 with white assets, there's just not a lot of point to it. To craft anything worthwhile requires blue or purple tools, plus dragon eggs (which also have to be purchased). Otherwise the only thing you can make are some mediocre shirts and pants.

The exception is alchemy, where the tools only help you craft more of some stuff at a time, and leadership, which doesn't actually have rare tools.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
If you're the sort of person who still wants hundreds of lockboxes, I guess a few thousand AD isn't really going to bother you. That's only like 3% more expensive if you actually open them all.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
After like 20 runs, I finally got the High Vizer cap from epic spellplague. :toot:

I don't even care if it's nerfed to hell in the next patch, I'm just thrilled to be done with it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Epic dread vault is pretty terrible. I don't think it's necessarily as bad as castle never, but it's so much less rewarding that all the skilled players don't bother. Although come to think of it, I don't think I've done epic dread since they fixed it so you can't pull the mid-boss away from the adds, and the 2nd boss is a bitch and a half. There are a ton of infinitely respawing adds, no ledges to push them off, and they have attacks that stun you. In castle never, the adds just do a ton of damage for the most part.

If you want a weapon with an enchant slot, it's better just to grab one of the miscellaneous ones that drop from T2 midbosses. You can usually find them on the auction house for just barely more than the salvage they're worth, which is about 10k. You can also get the gauntlgrym weapon, which is about the same power. There are cheaper weapons, but you don't want to waste enchantments on them.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I've gotten 80 coins and 6 dragon eggs so far. The big chests give 2 dragon eggs at a time, so as long as the price of dragon eggs doesn't completely bottom out I guess that's a decent return.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Not at all, or at least not for any decent price. Levelling up is fast and easy, so the only demand for gear below level 60 is
a) it's got a unique appearance (this applies to some dungeon loot)
b) they want to dominate low level PvP (which is pretty much no one)
Even then, there's a ton of stuff on the AH already, so it sells for a pittance.

I also recommend just not bothering to pick up level 1 and 2 enchants and runestones. They don't give enough of a boost to be worth using, and you don't get nearly enough of them to fuse them into something actually good. Doing that frees up a lot of bag space.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Cats are bought from the Wondrous Bazaar for AD, so there's not much reason for them to be on the AH.

Upgrading any companion is not at all worth it. It's way too expensive, the abilities and stats are mediocre, and the horrendous AI means that they're all useless in a hard high-level fight anyway. The mount upgrade tomes are the same: it's cheaper to buy a better-quality mount.

That said, a level 15 companion should be functional until you hit level 40 or so, and a cleric is mostly useful for saving on potions, which doesn't depend on her companion level at all. Even if you could afford it, a cat probably wouldn't seem that great for soloing, as it just gives you stats.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Not really, no. The majority of the feats refer to powers or mechanics that the other class doesn't have, and the powers aren't that great. For reference, the GF paragon powers are
Threating Rush
Frontline Surge
Indomitable Strength

The GWF paragon powers are
Weapon Master's Strike
Flourish
Cresendo

Each paragon path also has some mediocre-to-average class features as well.

Actually, a GWF with Frontline Surge and Threating Rush would be pretty nice, so they could actually mark enemies and have a decent AoE power. Though then you'd have to choose between Sure Strike, Wicked Strike, (or Reaping Strike :toot:) for your other at-will, which means you're terrible at either AoE or single target damage.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the DC paragon path is garbage, and the TR and CW paragon paths are somewhere inbetween "niche" and "irrelevant". Of course, that's just how they look from the descriptions that have been leaked.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
The powers for the new paths can be seen on the official forums. They're from the test server, and are the same things people dug out a while ago.

TRs get a second ranged at-will, but it's damage over time so the DPS is almost certainly terrible. It might be nice for perma-stealth TRs.

The DC abilities seem like they'll probably be mediocre. For example, the armour bonus feature needs to give 22 AC to match what you get from foresight (including feats).

There will probably be free respecs, there were for Sharandar.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Some parts of the game are fun. I especially enjoyed the story quests and levelling up.

The part that people ask questions about, however, are the Skinner-box time-sinks (whether that's running around for hours for a hat, or spending 3 hours in a dungeon because there are so many adds) and blatant cash-grabs (the vast majority of the crafting and upgrade systems).

I tried out the ranger on the test server, and it's shaping up to be pretty fun. Oddly enough it seems more like another controller, but I've only tried a couple of powers so far. The class mechanic (like the CWs freeze) is "entangling vines", and the first daily draws enemies together, but towards a line.

The GF and GWF paragon paths are exactly like they sound: literally just a copy of each others powers, with 3 paragon feats changed to refer to the new powers. I really don't see why a GF would ever go with the new path, unless they're dead set on Crescendo.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I can only hope the new refining system is made less terrible (AD to upgrade everything, separate inventory slots for enchantments based on their refinement point), or else I'm just going to ignore it entirely. Rank 4's in everything!

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I found a dev post on the official forums that actually did a nice job explaining the new system.

The basic idea is that instead of hoarding dozens of rank 3s and 4s, you immediately use up enchantments to upgrade stuff you have slotted. You only need to upgrade a single enchantment for each slot (until you want to make rank 8 stuff or normal weapon/armour enchantments), and you can easily pop it out to upgrade your equipment (because it costs a tiny bit of gold to remove stuff).

Random enchantments are now XP for your gear, and wards only exist to keep you from losing catalysts to random chance.

And oh jeeze, there's going to be a gateway game where you send your companions off on adventures. I just sent my dog, cat, and pig, (and wererat thief) off to a lizardfolk dungeon. :3:

The pig answered a riddle. :3:

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You still need coalescent wards to avoid losing 'catalysts'. In addition to 'marks' (white to purple quality, price uncertain), purple enchantments require other, identical enchantments as catalysts. They might go a tiny bit cheaper, but I wouldn't expect a huge change.

If anything, I think preservation wards will go up in price, as it will be a lot easier to figure out if they're worth using.

The 5-day thing is pretty much worthless anyway, what with the complete lack of stuff worth crafting that uses blue resources. There's what, blue pants with a slot instead of purple pants with a slot? But they both require blue/purple tools, and dragon eggs are still down at around 30k AD.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Semisponge posted:

Active Companion Bonuses

As far as I can tell this means companions that are "active" but not summoned will give a small boost in stats or whatever. Basically just encouraging you to buy more companions and buy more active companion slots.

A very small bonus. The white companions, for example, give +25 to one stat. An ioun stone of allure gives +105 to life steal and deflect. Some of the purple companion bonuses are sort of nice.

The biggest change to the enchantment system is that even worthless types (e.g. training runestones, or shards of fireburst) will give half as much RP as something good (like a vorpal shard). So don't sell shards off for a pittance, they'll all be pretty valuable pretty soon.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Celestial coins disappear something like 28 hours after you last invoke. You can get away with logging in once a day, but it needs to be at roughly the same time each day.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Since the server is down for something or other, I may as well ask: What's the state of tanking (for Gaurdian Fighters, especially) in Neverwinter? I really dig the plate gear and sword-and-board is the best IMO. But experience with other MMOs has shown me that the need for and implementation of tanks varies wildly by game.

At the moment, only GFs can effectively grab aggro from other characters. For some dungeons this is essential, for others people prefer to just stunlock everything with more CWs. When module 2 comes out, GWFs should be able to peel adds off too, though not as well.

Compared to a TR or GWF, a GF still has an easier time getting into pretty much any dungeon except Castle Never, mostly thanks to the smaller number of people playing GF.

In terms of absorbing damage, GFs and GWFs are pretty good at it both in PvP and PvE.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Furthermore: Coffer of Wondrous Augment has been changed on the preview server to something which gives Sharandar sparks, not sure where to get free coal wards now. Supposedly they are still used under the new system to guarantee those 1% fusions. Keep an eye on the forum to see how this develops and if there is room for profit.

I had honestly thought this must have been a bug that slipped through, because 30 feywild sparks (you can get 120 per week, and anyone who cares already has all the worthwhile boons anyway) is incredibly worthless even compared to preservation wards.

But no, that was the plan, though they're backing off in favour of making the wards bind to account instead.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

Is the Sharandar campaign ending and being removed or will we just have a second one to run? I never finished unlocking all the boons...

It'll still be there. The dev's have even added a new Celestial Coin reward: 6 coins for 30 Feywild Sparks. If for some reason you don't want the useful stuff (i.e. wards) from the 7-day reward, you can push through the Sharandar campaign slightly faster.

Actually, if they can be sold they might be decently lucrative during the first week. The people with too much money who are power-levelling the hell out of their rangers need to get those extra sparks somehow.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Upgrading companions is hilariously overpriced and should never be done (the same applies to mount upgrades). Plus, at higher levels companions just tend to stand in red circles and get killed anyway, higher level companions just take a bit longer to die. Some of them are actually annoying because they knock back enemies, away from the magic lasers that were about to hit them(were-rat thief:argh:).

The cleric companion is useful anyway, even without upgrading her, because she'll heal you inbetween fights, and she heals for a flat percentage, so it never gets any better or worse.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
They took down the preview gateway, but the last version up was basically random enemy drops, plus a seal for beating the boss. It used to be it was based on your character's level, so you could always get some decent stuff, rank 3 and 4 enchants, random blue drops, a seal of the unicorn at the end. Then they changed it to depend on the level of the adventure dungeon. With 4 fully levelled white companions I could barely scrape though a dungeon to get rank 2 enchants and a seal of the manticore. Not very rewarding when my character was level 60.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Companions have stamina points, based on their level. Each adventure consumes some stamina points when you start it, and you get them back daily or something like that. Even white companions have enough stamina for a few adventures per day, and adventures take long enough that I was never wishing I had more stamina points.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Since I love to :goonsay: about game mechanics, here's some accumulated wisdom concerning Module 2: Shadow Mantle

New Class: Ranger!
Rangers have two unique mechanics:
1) Tab switches between ranged powers and melee powers. All at-wills and encounters have melee and ranged versions, but not dailies. This gives you 6 encounters each with their own cooldown, plus 4 at-wills to use at any time. However, good ranged powers tend to have mediocre melee powers, and vice versa, so it's more like 3 good encounters plus a few extra abilities.
2) Grasping roots. Coming in a weak and strong version, certain powers will apply a rubber-band-like effect to enemies. Unfortunately, even while grasped enemies can still attack, including using ranged attacks and pouncing/teleporting attacks, and weak grasping roots are too weak to be noticeable most of the time. If you want to control enemies you're better off sticking with the stagger/prone powers, which are generally pretty good anyway.

One thing to note is that Ranger's have a lot of armour penetration on most of their equipment, including all their best equipment, so to min-max your stats you should avoid STR and pump DEX and WIS.

Artifacts
Artifacts are equipment pieces that give you a power and stat bonuses. It's a weak power with a 2 minute long cooldown, but still. You have 1 active and 2 passive artifact slots. The active slot gives you the power and the stat bonuses, the passive slots just give you stat bonuses. The stat bonuses start out small, but artifacts can eventually be upgraded to give rather large bonuses.

New refinement system
Instead of fusing 4 identical enchantments together, you now cram any enchantment into whatever you want to upgrade. This adds refinement points (RP), and various bonuses apply depending on what is crammed into what. There are also items that are purely a source of RP.

After shoving enough RP into what you want to upgrade, you then finish the upgrade with reagents and a roll to see if you succeed. If you fail you lose the reagents but keep the RP. If you succeed you still consume the reagent. Preservation wards preserve the reagents in case of failure, and coalescent wards guarantee a successful upgrade.

It costs a relatively small amount of gold to remove enchantments from slots (rather than a ridiculous amount of AD), and you can upgrade enchantments while they're in your equipment.

There are 5 types of reagents
1) An enchantment/runestone/shard of the same type. This only applies to epic enchantments and shards.
and 4 types of a new item, marks
2) marks of potency
3) marks of power
4) marks of stability
5) marks of union

Marks come in white (1->3), green(3->5), blue(5->7), and purple(7->10). Only marks of potency are used on enchantments/runestones, the remaining ones are used for artefacts.

When solo-ing, green marks of all types can be found very rarely in skill nodes. I never actually tried epic dungeons, but apparently green and blue marks should be more common in dungeon skill nodes. They are also rare rewards from the daily Dread Ring campaign chests. Purple marks of potency should drop from epic bosses. The other purple marks are a guaranteed daily reward from the new Dread Ring campaign.

All marks of potency can be purchased from the Wondrous Bazaar, for 25/500/25k/100k AD. That's kind of expensive, but ultimately not actually that bad compared to the old system, because you don't need nearly as many coalescent wards. Still, hopefully you won't need to buy them that often.

The last time I tried I couldn't use purple marks of union/stability/power in place of blue or green marks of union/stability/power. Since I couldn't even buy the green marks I needed to upgrade my artefact, that meant I had a tonne of purple marks that were basically useless.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Everything just has a single upgrade path. Regular enchantments and runestones go rank 1 to rank 10, armour and weapon enchantments go shard->lesser->regular->greater->perfect. Artifacts are labelled as rank 1 to 100, but you only actually need reagents at rank 30, 60, and 90, so really they go green->blue->purple->orange.

Each particular upgrade requires certain marks e.g.:
Rank 6 enchantment/runestone to rank 7 enchantment/runestone needs 2 blue marks of potency.
Vorpal shard to lesser vorpal enchantment needs 1 vorpal shard (so total that's 1 shard to upgrade plus 1 shard as a reagent).
The artifact Waters of Elah-zad, green quality to blue quality needs 1 blue mark of potency + 2 green marks of union + 1 green mark of stability.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Ah, good catch. The numbers for the refining system are likely to change anyway.

Cyntalan posted:

So it's sounding more and more like plunking down the AD for upgrading companions is no longer a foolish endeavor. That sound about right?

For the Leadership profession... is there any reason at all to get the better equipment? Equipment just improves chances for higher tier rewards, but everything in leadership is Tier 1 only, so I don't exactly understand the point of them even HAVING more than one tier of equipment.

Lastly, does anyone know how the random rolls work for Alchemy experimentation? Is it a static % chance for each rank, does it get progressively less likely, or is there a way to improve your chances?

No no, companions are a waste of AD. Buying high-quality companions from the Zen Store/Wondrous Bazaar/Tradebar Store is cheaper than upgrading your current companions, and they'll probably be more useful too.

Leadership doesn't actually have high tier equipment. Green equipment sometimes drops from profession packs, but it doesn't do anything that white doesn't, and there's no blue or purple stuff.

I think Alchemy is a flat chance. The best way to speed it up is to buy potions rather than make them yourself. All the healing potions should be available for gold, and the other ones should be pretty cheap on the AH. Or grab them from the guild bank, it's not like people want them for anything else.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
The fighter will be more fun, but eventually you'll probably want to switch to a cleric instead. You can actually use companions somewhat earlier, 16 is just when you get the tutorial and a free one. Also, feel free to rob the guild bank for stuff to sell for money. I've got like 500 gold0 and nothing to spend it on, so no one will be upset. Also no one actually wants all that blue junk.

The 7-day celestial coin package is still far and away the best. It's at least a chance at a ward, which is actually worth something. The crafting supplies are all dirt cheap thanks to farmer bots.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
There will probably be a way to purchase stars with tradebars or something.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Kevlar Beard posted:

So I have something like 250k~ AD in tips from the Foundry, is there anything I should spend it on in particular or do I need to keep saving up? I'm levelling a new Hunter Ranger at the moment, should I just keep the AD for gear later?

If you have an artifact that has hit level 29 and needs to be upgraded (with reagents), I'd spend the AD to buy those off the AH, plus some preservation wards. Artifacts get the double-RP bonus from all types of enchantments, so they're a good place to stuff all your enchantments and runestones, until you figure out which types you'll actually want to use.

The big ticket items start at more like 700k AD, so I'd keep saving if you ever want a cat or an ioun stone.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Could whoever is guild leader change the guild bank permissions so that everyone else can take gold? There's now about 500 gold in there, and no one but the leader can actually take any of it out. I want to use the guild bank as a way to transfer gold between alts; also to help out new players, or whatever sort of plebs need gold, I guess.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

straw man posted:

Is there anything outstandingly worthwhile to buy with realbux at low levels?

The only thing that might be worthwhile is a purple-quality mount. There isn't a lot of travelling, but it will help a bit with running back and forth, especially through mobs you don't want to fight.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Dungeons are very much not worth it outside of the delve event, except for Malabolg's Castle.

Pretty much all the bosses are overtuned, and the devs have said as much. T1 dungeons except Mad Dragon, and T2s like Pirate King, and Spellplauge are close to reasonable challenges that can be overcome with non-exploitative/gimmicky strategies. And Spellplague takes forever to run through, and the last boss is very punishing towards idiots (there are a lot of idiots running spellplague).

You could argue Frozen Heart as an edge case, depending on whether you think having a GF kite everything in circles is really an exploit.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
After poking around the various options, I think I've sussed out the ins and outs of getting RP on the cheap. So, Refining:

There are 3 things to refine
1) Enchants and runestones (I'll call these 'runes' for short)
2) Armour and weapon enchantments ('enchants')
3) Artifacts

To upgrade stuff, you shove in RP, which comes from 4 sources:
1) Runes
2) Enchants
3) Marks (of potency/power/stability/union)
4) Refining stones (e.g. Peridot)

Things get various bonuses depending on which RP type you shove in them.

1) Runes get a 2x bonus from the same type of rune, and 1x from everything else.
2) Enchants get an 8x bonus from the same type of enchant, and 1x from everything else.
3) Artifacts get 2x from all runes, 2x from enchants, 5x from marks of the same type, and 1x from refining stones.

The market has stabilized pretty well a bit below 2 AD per RP, for things with any real demand.

For example, dark runes are in demand, so a rank 4 dark rune gives 270 RP, and sells for about 500 AD on the AH. Terror enchants are worthless, so while a shard of terror could give you 4320 RP in a terror enchant, it actually sells for 1700 AD, as people use them for 1080 RP in artifacts. Peridots give 500 RP into everything, so they sell for about 1000 AD each.

For runes, there isn't that much demand for the different types, so you can safely shove them in wherever they get a 2x bonus. Even training runestones sell for about as much as every other type.

For enchants, even if you have an infinite supply of RP, you still need a lot of shards of the same type for reagents. As a result vorpal shards are more expensive than the RP they give, and so should not be used for refining.

For marks, the only marks worth using are the greater ones you get from Dread Ring daily quests. Regular marks are much more valuable as reagents. If you have the choice, you might as well do the lair that gives you a mark to upgrade your artifact. Marks of potency should be saved for use as reagents.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Just go ahead and edit the script, it's pretty easy to see how it chooses tasks. Here's an edited down version:

code:
taskName:"Leadership",
                level: {
                     0:["Hire Your First Mercenary"],
                     1:["Complete Advanced Training", "Protect Grateful Merchant","Pick Up Package", "Basic Training"],
                     2:["Guard Duty"],
                     3:["Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     4:["Protect Caravan","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     5:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     6:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
        /*
                    // Current model

7:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

*/
                    // Training Mode
                     7:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

So for the first 6 levels it runs tasks, but then for whatever reason the person commented out the tasks (using /* and */) and instead put in nothing but hiring and training tasks.

Also, it automatically uses as many people as possible. If you want to use just a single guy for tasks, then get rid of (or comment out) everything in the function SelectItemFor. E.g.:
code:
function SelectItemFor(buttonListIn, i, def, prof) {

def.resolve();
        }

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

CWs (and TRs) have a very difficult time killing tanky classes, except by getting off lucky criticals. Nerfing criticals into the ground means that GWFs and GFs are simply never going to die, which is what people are reporting in the test server so far. Even DCs can kill CWs 1 on 1, and while I think DCs ought to be able to kill stuff, they should do it by massively buffing DC damage, not by neutering crit-dependant classes.

• Locked thread