Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
houseofmangle
May 18, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

The 600k AD is worth $17.80 if you convert from zen, so keep that in mind.

The best things you get are the mount and companion. The mount is rank 3 (top tier) and the cheapest T3 mount you can buy is the heavy inferno nightmare from the AH at 740k AD, which is $22 bucks. The companion is an epic striker (dps that can go all the way to level 30, which is 60 in player levels) which is great unless you are a class that needs a heal or tank companion. I hear that at 60 you really want augment pets, but I'm not there yet so YMMV. The cheapest epic striker is the Phoera, which goes for 149k AD, or about 4.50.

You get a respec token, which might be helpful at 60, valued at 300z. You also get a third character slot, valued at half the two-pack character slot value, or 250z. Total that's $5.50 in value.

You get a greater stone of health, which you can buy from the zen store for 1500z ($15) but it's on the AH for 140k AD, which is about $4.20 right now so we'll go with that.

Right now you're at $54. You get a few little trinkets and extra whizbangs on your account like a gold pretty fairy mask, unlimited party poppers, a cosmetic weapon enchant, a better starter weapon, a 10k XP booster (:meh:), and a few other useless things. If all that's worth the $6 difference, I'd say go for it. Remember, for a few dollars (maybe 10) here and there extra, you can pick out different mounts or companions, whereas you're locked in when you buy the pack. Take that for what it's worth.

Personally, I bought a pet and mount from the AH and it cost me $35, and if I ever want AD to buy poo poo from the AH with, I'll just buy zen as I need it. There isn't really and ~massive savings~ to be had with the packs, because something something about revenue per paying customer or some economics crap, I don't know.

It's important to mention that the companion and mount is for every character you have. I believe if you buy one from the store is only for a single character. I have five 60s so thats 5 epic mounts so the value adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

houseofmangle
May 18, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I just finished purging Something Lawful of anyone who wasn't on in the last 30 days. Now we are down to 60 players with half of them being alts. Is Terrible Secret of Neverwinter still around and active ? In DnDgoons I see maybe 1-2 players during GMT evenings.

My five characters are all in Terrible Secret but as I'm mainly just invoking and re-upping tradeskills I wasn't going to worry till post module.

houseofmangle
May 18, 2011
They're adding Warlocks in mod 4. More diversity will be nice.

houseofmangle
May 18, 2011
So Garakas sucks. What's his trick?

• Locked thread