Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

TomSTAR posted:

Cryptic did a great job with the gameplay but I can't help but believe they're morons in balancing classes. I play a GWF( lvl 58) but havent played in weeks. I was really hoping Cryptic would give some lovin/buffs to GWFs but what do I see in the new patch? Major nerfs to GWF.

See also: Science skills in STO, pretty much anything in Champions, a lot of stuff in CoH back when they ran that. Cryptic has never been any good at balancing, ever. I'm not sure why people keep expecting this to change. Still, I'm starting to think GWF is the new Regen Scrapper. (For those who never played CoH, for the first five issues or so it seemed like every other patch nerfed regen somehow, usually for bullshit reasons.)

Also regarding elves, the million different types are hardly unique to this game. The source material has tons of elves, so this game has tons of elves. Simple, right? Screw that whole variety thing, people clearly want their one preferred variety of elf which means we need all of them so we can cover our bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

the posted:

Got bored with this game because there was no community. It's really weird being a world of thousands of people but feeling totally alone. Zone chat is a joke, it's just spam and conversation moving too fast to read. There are only 0-3 goons on at any one time. And the most stunning fact I encountered was that there was zero conversation in dungeons. I'm not making that up. I had about a dozen or so runs under my belt, and literally the only comments ever said in the dungeon was my sole, "Hello!" at the beginning. Absolute silence from then until the end.

In my experience that's the same in every game with a lfg queue, dungeon finder, whatever you want to call it. When finding a group for something requires some level of effort in actually talking to people to find out if they want to join you, it makes people more likely to continue talking after that. When all it takes is a mouse click, people are likely to just keep playing as if they were solo. The only game I've ever played that has one of those but people still actually talked to each other in groups was City of Heroes, and that was mostly because 99% of groups there were formed from global channels and just used the queue to get into things faster.

I almost wish the idea had never been thought of, just because it takes some of the multiplayer aspect out of MMOs when you don't have to communicate with other people even when playing with them anymore. Alternately, it could just be this game's horrible interface that makes it all but impossible to chat and play at the same time.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Semisponge posted:

Oh, did they finally fix the Dread Vault final boss never dropping anything?

I haven't even played this game since about a month after the open beta started, and even I can tell you them answer is almost certainly no.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Railgun posted:

No. RP is simply code for basic cybering in Neverwinter. The limited character customization doesn't really let you have a futa catgirl with nine dicks.

Nothing is worse than the Furtue D so far in any MMO I have played.

That's never stopped them in WoW and I highly doubt it stops them here either. Also, I'm pretty sure Club Caprice in Champions is worse than Pocket D ever was. Because it's the same crap but the players there half the time don't even type legible english.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
That's something you get for doing something in the Sword Coast Adventures game on the gateway, I think.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

Cyntalan posted:

Apparently there's folders in there talking about an April Fools Event. Just FYI...

Small bit of vaguely related trivia - CoH had a similar thing in its files for ages, a badge (AKA achievement, for those who never played CoH) that was impossible to get anywhere in the game and related stuff suggesting it'd be given for some hypothetical April Fools event. No such event ever ran - the badge itself WAS the April Fools joke, put there solely to irritate people who dug through the files.

I wouldn't put it past Cryptic to have done the same thing again.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Of course, if you have on-demand patching enabled you'll get into the game faster but it'll stop to patch for half an hour every time you hit a loading screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Because at least half of those 50 people are the developers.

• Locked thread