Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
For Classic you might want to also link Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. It has an improved graphics engine, modern controls, a better HUD and includes the two expansion packs that the free one doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just started level 2 and I accidentally exploded everything with my katana and died. This game owns so hard.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Malek posted:

(EDIT 2) VVVVV: I get a more Chinese vibe from his appearance and voice but don't know for sure. Besides Wang would be a Chinese thing.

Yeah, Wang is definitely a Chinese name. Japanese borrowed HEAVILY from Chinese for the writing system but the spoken languages aren't even part of the same family of languages, English and Farsi are actually more closely related than Japanese and Chinese. In the original he's just kind of "All those Asians are the same, right?", but from some of the dialogue in this one(ex, when he talks about his kung fu sifu) I think the devs actually did enough research to realize that, and he seems like a Chinese ex-pat in Japan.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Well, I'm not done, but so far it hasn't explicitly said anything about where he's from. I'm just going by the impressions I've gotten so far.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Hey guys. I think Zilla might not be a very nice company. Just a hunch.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Also, everyone realizes you can buy ammo through the upgrade screen, right?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Well that's certainly interesting.

e: and I'm curious to see what this free DLC is too. they said this week right?

They tagged the devs of Viscera, the space station horror game janitor sim, in the announcement, so probably a mop skin for the katana.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have a 360 controller plugged in too, but I never get controller prompts, always Mouse and Keyboard.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

I hope this means bringing in some Mojo Nixon and Reverend Horton Heat back to the soundtrack. Maybe they can fit in some Southern Culture on the Skids and Unknown Hinson while they're at it. :allears:

An entire level themed around Mojo's Burn Down The Malls would be amazing with this engine.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

So, I am having some issues with this game, some pretty serious issues in fact.

Anytime I try and run the game at full screen, the entire game is visually distorted by thick black scan lining that changes severity depending on where I am looking. Starring straight up makes only the top half of my screen display game, straight down the opposite.

When I go into windowed, that all clears up but I then run into other problems. All of my menus backgrounds go black, which means my gun upgrade screen is essentially text only and in Chapter 1, where the cutscene triggers when Wang enters the burning building, everything but my HUD goes black. This never changes, I've completely restarted the game a few times now, and it always happens at that same spot.

I've verified game cache, completely re-installed the game, shifted graphical settings up and down, checked on both the latest stable AMD driver (13.9) and the Beta driver (13.11), even disabling the steam overlay...this is the ONLY game I have currently installed in my library that is having any sorts of issues at all, I got so frustrated that I ran through 90+ games to give them each a quick look.
I'm running a Radeon HD 7770 with 16GB RAM on a FX-4130 3.8GHz Quad-Core, Windows 7 64bit. Really at the end of my know-how on this one.

I'm getting none of those issues on a 4850, but that's so old that the newest drivers for it are like the 12.6 Betas or something equally ridiculously old. I can run it at 1080p with everything but reflections with a pretty stable framerate too, this game is pretty well optimized. I don't know how the new Catalyst Control Center works, but try messing with forced AA and possibly Catalyst AI(I've heard that doesn't exist anymore? Not sure.).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
On one hand the shotgun might not be the most effective weapon, but on the other hand it's a quad barreled shotgun that lets you fire all four barrels simultaneously, which is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Basically, gently caress Atari forever.

• Locked thread