Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I can't help but feel like stuff like this takes what was a light hearted, silly ninja game, and makes it into a game that very pointlessly tries really hard to shock people.

Oh, just like Saint's Row I guess.

edit: haha, that article even comes with "see if we give a gently caress, nerds" edge to it. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Goddamn man, lighten up. I feel like you haven't played the original Shadow Warrior or Saint's Row and just want to be a huge downer. The days of people being shocked by violence in video games is over.

Right. I think giant purple dildos in ninja games is stupid as poo poo, and family guy style random humor is tired as gently caress. Therefore I "want to be a huge downer".

I also think the Saint's Row series is a collection of poorly strung together meme jokes and barely passable action with a too-loose-to-work targeting system.

Anyway, for the record, I do not think this is supposed to be some kind of literary masterpiece, and I'm perfectly fine with a game starring a guy called Lo Wang being silly. There's a pretty vast gap in my mind between "mindless violence and doofy one liners" and "Ha ha! Here's a DILDO!"

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Uh, jesus christ you guys are touchy about my opinion on lovely dildo jokes.

Also I played shadow warrior when I was like, I dunno, 16? As it happens, it was a decent build engine game with poor level design compared to duke and blood, and was embarrassingly racist. This one has turned down the comical racism, and added a giant dildo cross promo weapon. I think that is lame, and I think the article posted where the person from Devolver Digital had an obviously meant-to-be-edgy "how's that for a headline, nerds?" line was pointlessly antagonistic.

Look, the main thing here is that there's no way that a purple dildo on a stick could actually cut anyone's head off. Maybe bruise them if you swung it hard enough, but decapitate them?

It's interesting that my one off opinion post has had more comments than the people talking about the content of the game though, so that's something.

• Locked thread