Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

On sale 75% off ($9.99) On Steam Until March 23rd

From Flying Wild Hog, devs of Hard Reset as well as a bunch of people from the Painkiller team comes a reboot of Shadow Warrior. The katana melee weapon within the game is the best melee FPS weapon I've ever used. The way that the damage modeling occurs to enemies based on the exact swipe and angle of the sword is brilliant.

I really enjoy the Serious Sam series as well and I am getting major SS vibes from this gameplay... with a great melee combat system added in to boot.

IndieStatik
"The locational damage system is downright impressive, with every enemy able to be chopped into tiny pieces, or even skeletonized by sustained gunfire. It’s satisfyingly meaty, and a sword swing has a visibly different effect to a spray of SMG fire. Ludicrous Gibs, indeed."

TotalBiscuit's Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfMjYBLWlik

Other preview impressions around the interwebs:

Venture Beat
"One slice with protagonist Lo Wang’s katana can decapitate, dismember, and chop enemies into several chunks as fountains of blood erupt from their collapsing bodies."

The Escapist
"It is gleefully fun to fight in this game. You'll run into a room with a submachine gun in each hand, and when you empty your clip into an oncoming wave of enemies you'll swap rapidly to a katana. You'll unleash a blast of magic force to knock enemies down, then try and behead them once they hit the floor. After they're dead, you'll swap to your crossbow and put a bolt through an enemy spellcaster as you sprint towards his friends, then wind up another crossbow shot as you do a sideways slash into the last enemy and simultaneously lodge a bolt in its cranium.

N4G.com
"The dismemberments you deserve."

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Classic Wang!!!

The classic SW is available on Steam right now, and is FREE to play. Get hyped!

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

The Kins posted:

New trailer, with a release date (September 26) and a choice of digital stores (Steam, GOG and Humble Store)

Awesome! Super excited this is coming out in pretty much a month.

Nice writeup, added to the OP

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Dominic White posted:

A running gag through the beta is that Lo Wang is kinda awful at the whole 'snappy one-liner' thing and is mocked for it pretty regularly. He's a comic-collecting nerd with a head full of corny action movies and has a personal batcave well stocked in case of a zombie apocalypse. He just happens to be a master assassin, too.

Yeah the humor really reminds me of Blood Dragon 80s cheesefest, what with YOU GOT THE TOUCH on the soundtrack and all.

Joystiq has a new preview video up http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/22/shadow-warrior-video-preview

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Wow, not bad for $34. The Special Edition seems a bit weak though. $10 extra for 2 in-game weapons, and the standard Digital Art Book/Soundtrack? Not sure what else they could have offered here, but doesn't really seem worth it.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 13, 2013

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

It's a testament to the combat and weapon design that we can have a page of discussion about the merits of each weapon and upgrade, and that everyone has their favorites and personal playstyles that work for them, without any one true OP combo that people feel they need to use by default.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Magmarashi posted:

Fiddling around with forced AA didn't produce any differing results, and I don't think Catalyst AI is a thing anymore either, at least I've never seen an option for it.

Can you force a driver rollback to before the latest stable driver? (before 13.9)

Not sure if that's the answer but I've forced a rollback on a few games in the past that have given me graphical issues with varying degrees of success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Bumping for the 75% Off Steam Sale for those who haven't picked this up yet ($9.99 until 3/23)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

• Locked thread