Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
During the STL @ DET game on Monday, January 20th, if the entire GDT goes from open to close without a single post regarding "Joe Louis Arena advantage", penalties in the third period, or penalties in general going against the Blues in favor of the Red Wings in a manner that is unfair or in following with some longstanding tradition, I will buy this handsome T.J. Oshie doll and shower it with love and affection and definitely not destroy it the second it arrives. Or if anybody else wants it, I'll just have it sent to them instead.

Also, I will write a short essay (250 words each) celebrating the skills and accomplishments of every goaltender who finishes ahead of Jimmy Howard in SV% this year titled "Goalies More Elite Than James Russell Howard III".

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Also, I will write a short essay (250 words each) celebrating the skills and accomplishments of every goaltender who finishes ahead of Jimmy Howard in SV% this year titled "Goalies More Elite Than James Russell Howard III".

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shoeonhead22 posted:

I'm really looking forward to you celebrating the skills of Harding, Price, MAF and Varly

If I get to extoll the virtues of Steve Mason, it'll all be worth it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zodijackylite posted:

15 points in 21 games

9 points in 10 games

Yeah as long as Nash's head doesn't explode again, I think you're gonna be okay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :v:

He's down to 35th place. :munch:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Gotta say this was the best toxx this year by far.

48th as of now, in case anyone was wondering

Not to spoil anyone's fun but I'm PROBABLY gonna add a GP requirement to this one just so I don't gotta go "oh yeah that one guy who played 2 games well his bone structure. drat. That bone structure. Just look at it."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drunk Canuck posted:

Nope. You had that chance back on the day of putting your toxx in to add a qualifier. Don't try to cheat out of your cockiness.

Whoa check out the Toxxmaster General over here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Don't misconstrue my meaning, I'm not at all adverse to writing for a shitload of goalies, I knew that was a possibility from the second I made the toxx and the whole reason I made the toxx was so I could make something funny in the offseason that'd hopefully amuse me and others, I just don't think "AHL third stringer type who had to come in when the starter and backup were unavailable for a couple games" is a very funny joke after the first time you tell it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hand Knit posted:

At the end of the season, I will serve as arbiter.

Kay. I'll accept whatever you decide.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

During the STL @ DET game on Monday, January 20th, if the entire GDT goes from open to close without a single post regarding "Joe Louis Arena advantage", penalties in the third period, or penalties in general going against the Blues in favor of the Red Wings in a manner that is unfair or in following with some longstanding tradition, I will buy this handsome T.J. Oshie doll and shower it with love and affection and definitely not destroy it the second it arrives. Or if anybody else wants it, I'll just have it sent to them instead

No Blues fans bit, so, I'm workin' on this one. :v:

VJeff posted:

He's up to 17th in the league with a .943 in his last seven games, btw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Twin Cinema posted:

4. Who knows?

If Hedman doesn't get Norris votes with the year he's having, I'll be STUNNED.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zodijackylite posted:

That is official merchandise of the Anaheim Ducks from their official store bearing their registered trademark. Unless the prosecution can prove the existence of a preferable shirzee, that's as real as it gets.

Ding.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

.913, 25th place. And Datsyuk's out for the next three weeks. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

He's at 35th on NHL.com and it doesn't look like he's moving. I honestly had no idea where he was gonna end up when I made this toxx, but I could not have predicted this. :laffo:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rene Bork posted:

Are you sure you don't wanna just praise the Pittsburgh Penguins and bash the Red Wings for your next 600 posts?

Gotta save something for the playoffs. :unsmigghh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flakeloaf posted:

that godawful street fighter movie

WHOA WHAT THE gently caress

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flakeloaf posted:

Scott Gomez Addams

(Picture of Gomez's face photoshopped on Raul Julia's body, in his role as M. Bison from that godawful street fighter movie)

Just about the worst thing you've ever seen.

Alternate title suggestion:

"When you made 150,000 dollars it was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm fond of this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Thanks guys.

I hope you're all happy, now I'm an even bigger joke on here than I was before

Literally perfect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rutkowski posted:

So I need a Montreal avatar now since they're the only canadian team and the Coyotes didn't make it.

Man, you lucked out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I vote for a picture of a jubilant Daniel Alfredsson with the text "#ALFIECHOSERIGHT"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scott Gomez Addams posted:

drat you, Scott Gomez. drat your inability to play hockey.

It's wonderful. :swoon:

VJeff posted:

On the NHL.com SV% leaders page, Jimmy Howard ends the season with a .911 SV%, good for 36th place in the league. Hand Knit said he'll arbitrate as to any necessary GP modifiers. I'll accept whatever he decides and post a list of all the goaltenders I'll be writing for when he makes his decision and write the full essay in the offseason.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well I'm more than satisfied.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Says VJeff, poster desperately hoping for some leniency on his own toxx

Not even a little. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah these name change toxxes are fuckin' dumb, you guys should've done an easy toxx, like me. :smug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

grack posted:

<----- Yeah sometimes those don't go well either

Luckily, my Oshdog avatar will be beautiful forever, unlike your unsightly thing. But yeah FurnaceFce was right.

While we're on the subject, I guess this will be my playoff toxx:

I'll keep this beautiful T.J. Oshie Avatar until the Blues are eliminated from the playoffs. If the Blues win the cup, I'll upgrade accordingly to an av of Stanley Cup Champion And American Hero T.J. Oshie and keep it for however long I can be assed.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 23, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Luckily, my Oshdog avatar will be beautiful forever, unlike your unsightly thing. But yeah FurnaceFce was right.

While we're on the subject, I guess this will be my playoff toxx:

I'll keep this beautiful T.J. Oshie Avatar until the Blues are eliminated from the playoffs. If the Blues win the cup, I'll upgrade accordingly to an av of Stanley Cup Champion And American Hero T.J. Oshie and keep it for however long I can be assed.

Boy, that was quick.

I'll keep it for a few more days until I can think of something else. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Even if that last toxx was a lie, he weaved enough of a story for me. You guys are sticklers. :colbert:

• Locked thread