Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtXHYgtTts
Pleads is still a goddamn wizard.

E-A-S-H-L
noun
1. Hit anything that moves. (See also: "Borking")
2. 20 minutes of aggravation of being embarrassed by a group of frenchie danglers because you can't check them or poke the puck away. (See also. "Tecmo Bowl'd")
3. The EASHL is your chance to show the world that you or your team are the best in the world. The EASHL allows you to take a created character online and compete in a 6 v 6 hockey game. All stats are tracked as your player grows to become a legend. Your team is also tracked in over 30 statistical areas and is ranked in the leaderboards. Join the EASHL to try to become the next great one. (See also: ":fuckoff:")

If you don't know what this is by now, get out.

Past threads
EASHL '13
EASHL '12
EASHL '11
EASHL '10: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
EASHL '09

IRC Channel
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

Streaming Borking Available @ BorkTV: http://bit.ly/BorkTV if warning still plays

:siren: Goon Teams :siren:

How to join: Wait until March when people stop coming around
Seriousness: :laffo:
Normal Playtime: Nights & Weekends
GMs Gamertag: Bradf0rd40, Hockles10

Screaming Eagles HC (SE)
Description: Former members of The Brotherhood, The Neighboorhood, & the Sisterhood.
How to join: Ask Ruckus or Quincy for a tryout
Seriousness: 8/10
Normal Playtime: ~9pm Eastern
GMs Gamertag: SOLO Ruckus, QuikDrawQuincy, kpjea

Teds Ice Rink Emporium (TED)
Description: A prime example of why drinking and hockey are a great match.
How to join: Hahahaha, gently caress you.
Seriousness: -1/10
Normal Playtime: What is normal
GMs Gamertag: essbeeay

Plan B Coathangers (PBC)
Description: Broke off from the Screaming Eagles in NHL12, played all of NHL13 by ourselves and didn't post, we don't allow animal loving or that slayer guy (unless he chills out)
How to join: message a gm
Seriousness: 5/10 do people really take this serious
Normal Playtime: ~9pm Eastern,
GMs Gamertag: booshi ray ray, willnetsky, hanabal03,verman84
Status: Seriously, no animal loving, we had to kick a guy out last year because of this

If you have a team, feel free to post it, and I will add it to the list. No free-agent list this year, because, :effort: If you need a team, get in IRC or msg a GM. Except us. We probably don't want you.

:words: about Online stuff: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-online-modes-improvements

Hockles fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Very excited for this years version. SE will average 1.5 Goalie interference penalties a game. Book it.

Also, roster as of now..

Ruckus, Quincy, Sambo, SlimBrady and Kaisbird if he can even play during season. Woop there it is.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

SAMB0 posted:

Very excited for this years version. SE will average 1.5 Goalie interference penalties a game. Book it.

Also, roster as of now..

Ruckus, Quincy, Sambo, SlimBrady and Kaisbird if he can even play during season. Woop there it is.

:( You forgot me brother. :smithicide:

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

der juicen posted:

:( You forgot me brother. :smithicide:

I just edited the roster early since once Fifa comes out you will just never play again.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

SAMB0 posted:

I just edited the roster early since once Fifa comes out you will just never play again.

I won't get FIFA until after Xmas probably. I'm all hockey bubba.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I am interested in your EASHLing, and would like to floaty Euro it up. In fact to train for my floaty Euroing, I now live in Europe to hone down the finer skills of being a gigantic douchebag on the ice.

GT: TB Rays 23

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Can I PLEASE be on another team with ProPlayer™ Slayer1577387512234154612205 again?

Hell I just may make team Slayer's143432Slayers of Slaying on day one and GM him again.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Hockles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtXHYgtTts
Pleads is still a goddamn wizard.

IRC Channel
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

:words: about Online stuff: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-online-modes-improvements

God bless you Pleads.
Also, join IRC because sometimes we even talk hockey (right now it's mostly GTA 5 though).

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

marioinblack posted:

I am interested in your EASHLing, and would like to floaty Euro it up. In fact to train for my floaty Euroing, I now live in Europe to hone down the finer skills of being a gigantic douchebag on the ice.

GT: TB Rays 23

I am a floaty Euro not living in floaty Europe but am also looking for a team this year.

GT: Time Head

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
God bless pleads

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pleads, you are doing God's work.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Hockles posted:

Teds Ice Rink Emporium (TED)
Description: A prime example of why drinking and hockey are a great match.
How to join: Hahahaha, gently caress you.
Seriousness: -1/10
Normal Playtime: What is normal
GMs Gamertag: TED sba

My gamertag is actually "essbeeay"

I took 3 days off to poopsock for my legend card.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sba posted:

My gamertag is actually "essbeeay"

I took 3 days off to poopsock for my legend card.

I forgot to update it since you changed. Also, I am not at all trying for legend card in a short time.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

:downsbravo:

Looking forward to playing again. Everybody remember to save and upload videos (and slow 'em down and use camera angles so they are watchable) to youtube so I have something to tinker with when I take a class in Special Effects this fall.

We are two players in Europe in RGR* marioinblack, and as long as you aren't trying to creep on Bradf0rds wife on facebook, you´re be welcome back too.

*Assuming Zip! wants back.

edit: I also hope they bring GP back in the stats on easportsworld

Anders fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 19, 2013

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Anders posted:

as long as you aren't trying to creep on Bradf0rds wife on facebook, you´re be welcome back too.

Welp, Hockles is off the team.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bradf0rd posted:

Welp, Hockles is off the team.

Do you really want me out in the world, possibly facing me?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Hockles posted:

Do you really want me out in the world, possibly facing me?

... I'm not sure you are able to tank enough to reach that division.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This thread and Pleads' video are the best representation of internet hockey that I've ever seen. I don't really give a poo poo about EASHL so I'll just be here to check out all of the videos and updates for whatever goon nonsense is going on throughout the year. Bork hard, gentlemen :tipshat:

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

Bravo, Pleads, bravo!

I hate this game and will not be buying it this year. *sigh* ok, I'm sure I'll be buying it, like I do every year.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I shall indeed be back this year. I even went as far as to consider getting the season pass thing to get the game early but then I felt dirty and shameful and had to go take a shower. I will however be taking a couple of days off at launch because I have poo poo loads of vacation to use and nothing worthwhile to spend it on so yay I guess!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am getting the game but the season pass wasn't worth it, even after all the boosts I bought.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Pleads video :toot:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I still loving hate myself for buying that stupid season pass. drat you, scud, this is your fault

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
If I've never played "be a pro" or any EASHL for that matter, should I even try and play with you goons?

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

bo_chrud posted:

If I've never played "be a pro" or any EASHL for that matter, should I even try and play with you goons?

Yes.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

bo_chrud posted:

Absolutely. It's the best. Remember to change the camera, because the BaP camera sucks

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Anders posted:

Absolutely. It's the best. Remember to change the camera, because the BaP camera sucks

That reminds me...

This is my setup for custom camera from the '12 thread, for posterity:

Free-Roam
Distance: 100.00
Pitch: 40.95
Offensive Offset: 100.00
Focus: Me

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Recommend a position to play that isn't going to cripple my team if I'm not amazing?

My experience with NHL games is that my friends and I play each other constantly and I win probably 80% of the time, crazy competitive.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

crondaily posted:

Recommend a position to play that isn't going to cripple my team if I'm not amazing?
Anything except goalie, honestly.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

There is also a setting where you get tips on where you should be on the ice

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Anders posted:

There is also a setting where you get tips on where you should be on the ice

That blue arrow...

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

There is another one too, you'll see a field where you should be in the zone and markers around who you should put pressure on

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Otherwise known as the "how do I get the best grade for the position rating" options.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

If you somehow fail to get A on position, even without it, you should be taken behind the shed and shot due to lack of brain functions

Edit: The setting is called Forecheck visual guides and are found under visual settings

Anders fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 22, 2013

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

crondaily posted:

My experience with NHL games is that my friends and I play each other constantly and I win probably 80% of the time, crazy competitive.

Everyone is bad at defense the first time and wrecks everything for their team. That said, play defense. Once you improve your skills will be in high demand.

Also you can't possibly be worse than the assholes who think "left defense" means "left wing" means "Ovechkin without the shooting ability"

e: Tacking on: It is much, much easier to transition from defense to forward than vice versa. I can technically play defenseman, but I tend to get torched by forwards who are not close to as good as forward-me.

Robo-Pope fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 22, 2013

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Robo-Pope posted:

Everyone is bad at defense the first time and wrecks everything for their team. That said, play defense. Once you improve your skills will be in high demand.

Also you can't possibly be worse than the assholes who think "left defense" means "left wing" means "Ovechkin without the shooting ability"

Thanks! Do I have to start "be a pro" first or can I just start online in EASHL and play online? I traded in NHL13 for credit towards NHL14.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

crondaily posted:

Thanks! Do I have to start "be a pro" first or can I just start online in EASHL and play online? I traded in NHL13 for credit towards NHL14.

You can just start online. The stats are separate, except I would assume you can still unlock your boosts either online or offline.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Bradf0rd posted:

That blue arrow...

PEOPLE TO KILL THIS WAY

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Plan B Coathangers still plays regularly and we are all getting '14. You can come join the likes of I Abort Fetuses, Registerd Sexoffender, Promnignt Dmpsterbaby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Man, that is such a great concept.

You people should hang out in IRC too, so we could have some challenge matches and stuff

• Locked thread