Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah, sometimes you'll make pastes of garlic/onion/ginger for Indian dishes too, the key is cooking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Suspect Bucket posted:

You made the best out of what you had.

The essence of cooking.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Charred broccoli is great though.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Argh, I loving hate that sensation. It's like hitting a funny bone in your tooth.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

CrazySalamander posted:

Why didn't you just get the cardboard wet again, and then remove the eggs?

:aaa:

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Missing Name posted:

Made first batch of fresh herbed pork sausage via meat grinder. Flavor profile is great (Scarborough fair mix of rosemary, parsley, sage and thyme) except I hosed up the fat and salt. So lean it burns instead of browns and salty enough to make 1 pound of sausage flavor 3 pounds of unsalted fried potatoea salty beyond belief.

I am not good with salt

That's a bummer. 2% salt by weight or a little less is a pretty good rule of thumb for charcuterie and pork shoulder usually has about the right ratio of fat to meat without having to mess with it.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Goddamn, I hate when I do that.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Oof. Yeah, that's lovely.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

I forgot that heating my milk & cream up would eventually cause them to reduce, and now I only have like 2 cups worth of ice cream to bring to this potluck :(

It'll probably be rich as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

With the amount of raw dough/batter/etc I've eaten, I'm surprised I've never had food poisoning. Why did you think that would taste good though? Pie dough and pizza dough are completely different.

I dunno, sounds pretty tasty to me, although very rich.