Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Hahahaha god I wanna trick my roommate into doing this, but I'd get stuck with the mess...

Last fall when I first started dating my gf, she was all impressed that I cooked most of my meals. I wanted to be fancy and make some kind of breakfast with hashbrowns and some kinda cream sauce. The hash browns were awful, but the worst part was whatever the hell I did trying to make a cream sauce ended up basically being a rock solid piece of rubber. I remember being quite hungover and stoned, but poo poo, that was a bad one. It looked like a meteor. I have no idea what I was thinking or doing.

I also followed jpfan's pad thai recipe on the gws wiki. It called for like a dozen scoops of brown sugar or some nonsense in the sauce. This was before I was confident enough to recognize bad recipes. It still turned out decent enough but jesus was it sweet in retrospect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Couple months ago I really hosed up a batch of gumbo. Way overdid the file. Then to really top it off, I was drunk and fell asleep without putting it away. Because I'm an idiot who can't bear the thought of wasting a bunch of seafood, I said gently caress it and threw it in the fridge and had it for lunch. I had the shits for two days after

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

ColHannibal posted:

I followed this recipe;

http://damngoodfood.blogspot.com/2005/12/ginos-east-pizza-recipe.html

Seriously his ratios are screwed to all hell, I followed exactly and I had a batter sitting in my mixer. I added more flour to try to firm it into a doughy but I did not add enough, the pizza I am eating has the worst crust I have ever tasted. Its like a soggy mess that dissolved everywhere except the outer ring.

Not only is that recipe horrid, that side is amazingly bad. Everything is just a horrible recipe. He has a jambalaya recipe features Hillshire Farms sausage and a bay leaf as the only seasonings. Not even garlic :psyduck:

his chili is also depressing.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

MeramJert posted:

Are you talking about the chili article that starts with the sentence "The chili/cinnamon roll combo started in the public schools in northwest Iowa."?

yes haha

I got too much amusement out of that site the other day

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

kinmik posted:

Had it been literally anyone else, I'd have done what you say. But my SIL is a unique case. She suffered a stroke several years ago and three years after, their family broke up in a bad way. As a result, she's gone downhill in physical and mental health. If one person disagrees with her, then it means the entire world does too. She'll fume and bitch and gripe and hold grudges for weeks and make sure she takes every goddamn one of you down with her.

No, it was a far easier and gentler task to throw the lot in the fridge. Besides, not all the family went. Grandma stayed and ate it and she was pretty much the only one I was trying to impress. She talked about that meal to anyone who would listen. :smuggo:

Grandma sounds pretty cool. But drat even with that context I'd be hard pressed to suck it up there. You're a better person than I am