Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I played this game for about 15 minutes before muting the sound and never turning it back on. Then I played for another hour or two before getting bored and never playing again. I look forward to seeing the rest of the game!

And do the white outlines around the mugshots remind anyone else of JPEG images shoddily cut out of a white background? Because that's all I can think when I see them, even though I'm sure the outlines were a stylistic choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

quote:

"Character is avoided by enemy attacks"

That looks like a bad translation, but wasn't this game written in English originally? I guess that sentence technically works, but why wouldn't you word it as something like "enemy attacks miss the character" so it's less awkward and confusing to read?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
All three of the Mother games (even the NES one!) have several battle themes that play depending on the type of enemy you're fighting.

They had this figured out as early as 1989, I don't see how people are still making 80 hour RPGs with one battle theme for the entire game.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
This game's font (specifically, the absurdly wide W and w characters) is really starting to grate on me.

• Locked thread