Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

It still drives me insane that of all the things the Sonic franchise has cashed in on over the years somehow the Chao aren't one of them. They've been in most of the recent games sure but have never been properly utilized. Make a game out of the Chao breeding mechanics in SA2, Sega I swear you'll make a mint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

These days I mostly just want a game about Rouge's inexplicable ability to seduce robots.

I'm only half joking.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

I have no idea what you're

Is it just me or did they not even bother to account for the DS screen gap on that.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

In a weird way I find it strange this game did so poorly. Bioware and Sonic have the most prolific, defensive and fetishistic fanbases in existence yet neither seems to jump to the defense of or even care about this game. Do two terrible fanbases cancel each other out somehow?

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

WickedHate posted:

I don't know about that. I grew up reading lots and lots of fan comics and fanfiction, so the extra characters always felt less bad to me. I'll be kind of disappointed if Shadow and Silver don't ever appear again.

Well there's your problem.

I still think Shadow should've stayed dead after SA2, you know when he wasn't the worst thing ever.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Sonic Heroes 2 featuring Marine, Mighty and Fang the team no one wanted. Make it happen Sonic Team.

Edit: alternatively Marine, Chip and Charmy for maximum "oh god, shut the gently caress up."

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 3, 2013

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Maybe Knuckles and Vector did the fusion dance because Sonic isn't DBZ enough.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Well yeah, but how would that work for Amy? What would hers be?

"Psychosis"?

She would have negative 'tude. Her being in the party makes Sonic's go down too.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Gensuki posted:

Sonic has 'tude, Knuckles has 'tyle. Call them legos all you want, he knows they're cool.

Unlike Sonic he don't chuckle, except for every scene in Sonic 3.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Dr. Buttass posted:

Sonic canon is like Zelda canon. If anything contradicts anything else, it was an alternate timeline.

This line of talk only leads towards pain and fanfics.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

This is what, the second time Knuckle's been kicked in the head? Maybe more?

He stopped chuckling due to brain damage, Sonic Adventure is actually a tragedy about one Echidna's crippling inability to remember where he put his emeralds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

XaviortheSavior posted:

"Tales of Sonic the Hedgehog"? This...this could work. I can see the Tales style working for the Sonic universe, and there are two reasons I can think of that this "crossover" is totally plausible.
1. Once upon a time, the Tales series dabbled in adapting an established franchise with Tales of Keroro.
2. There was a certain game released recently on the 3DS that proves that Namco Bandai and Sega are willing to work together.
Also, while typing that, I noticed that there is a bit of a pun to be had with Sonic and "Tales".

It even comes with appropriate POW Hammer user.

Though I think that a game like that would result in an audio clusterfuck similar to Sonic Heroes.

• Locked thread