Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was pretty excited about this, and this is the first I'm hearing about...pretty much anything about it since it's release. I guess it really was that forgettable. This is a pretty good LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It all seems so...strange. The game is such a mess. At least Mass Effect 3 had fun and functional gameplay, and even Dragon Age 2 had tighter gameplay then this. Of course, I've never actually played this game, but what I'm seeing isn't pretty. And to be fair, DA2 was poo poo enough and this is just mediocre enough for the Sonic license alone to elevate Dark Brotherhood above it.

Unless it gets worse, that is. If they start re-using zones, then :shepicide:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

The only major dip in quality is the difficulty curve shits itself towards the end of the game, but other than that, mediocrity all around.

Well, that's a relief. I'd probably get it, then, if I still had a DS.

...I'm a big Sonic fan. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
And she uses a cute cartoon hammer! Domestic abuse is apparently okay as long as it's done Looney Tunes style.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jarogue posted:

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn): Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHluhvS3D4

Sonic 3D Blast was an awesome game, with awesome music. Actually, most Sonic games had stellar soundtracks.

...Except this one.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

I'm going to have to contest the idea that Sonic 3D Blast is an "awesome game". It has a great soundtrack, to be sure, but it's pretty mediocre.

I liked it a lot when I was really young. I actually plan on getting (the?) Sonic Mega Collection and look forward to seeing if my memory is accurate(as well as playing the other games in that pack). It still looks fun when I see videos of it, though yeah, it's not as fast as any of the other's at the time and I can understand that complaint.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope everything is alright! :ohdear:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sonic X and Archie's Sonic both went out of their way to explain this, with Sonic and co. coming from an alternate dimension in the anime and Mobius being post-apocalyptic Earth after alien "gene bombs" created the Chaos Emeralds and mutated the wildlife in the comics.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

I'm sure there are more, but I'm not going to try any harder than that obvious surface level.

Tails=Bulma, perhaps? And Amy is similar to the Dragon Ball version of ChiChi.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think we can just sweep Silver under the rug and be better off for it.

I don't know about that. I grew up reading lots and lots of fan comics and fanfiction, so the extra characters always felt less bad to me. I'll be kind of disappointed if Shadow and Silver don't ever appear again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LeafyOrb posted:

Well there's your problem.

I know. I have pretty bad taste, but I guess I'm the audience they were going for with all the extra characters.

• Locked thread