Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That icon for Shriek is just ridiculous.

:U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dr. Buttass posted:

There's an old-ish Tumblr post or something kicking around about how Rouge is basically the Sonic franchise's (and, to a lesser extent, gaming in general's) biggest wasted potential. The Cliff's Notes version is that Sonic Team took a comedy prompt (a three-foot femme fatale who steals everything that isn't nailed down, is obsessed with jewels, and will not be stopped) and said, "Instead of doing something funny, let's see how many awkward furry boners we can get going."

Personally if it were up to me they'd reboot the whole franchise, and they could only keep, say, four or five characters besides the core trio, if they can successfully argue that they can do something actually funny with them (Rouge gets a by on the vetting process, because if they did her properly she'd be the best character in the franchise, but naturally that comes with the stipulation that they actually do her properly). Seriously everything they have ever come up with has been something that, deep down, really needed to be funny. I have no idea what possessed them to go all Tails Gets Trolled.

I seem to recall someone back in 19LettersLong's Sonic LP posted a rather nice hypothetical design for Rouge with a scarf or a cape, and, well, not a pink heart for a shirt. Does anyone have that?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Did you take a look at the icon for distract?

Also hilarious, yes.

Also, I found that redesign fanart. MUCH more sensible than what we got if you ask me.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 23, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Geostomp posted:

At least we can take comfort in the fact that Big has been officially retired, so we're (hopefully) about as likely to see him again as we are to have a game starring Mighty, Ray, and Beak the Dynamite.

Don't be so sure! We never got any wonky translation with him.

That is to say he's still Big in Japan.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dr. Buttass posted:

Silver again. Remember Psychonauts?

I think we can just sweep Silver under the rug and be better off for it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Isn't the defining version of Blaze's dimension basically "We have Robotnik, but worse"?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gaseous Snake posted:

I don't know about you guys but Blaze is pretty rad. She's like, the only female Sonic character that isn't manic.

Manic's not a girl, you loving idiot. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay, I have to say Knuckles Sandwich is an amazing name for an attack. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I have to have missed this, but when did sonic leave?

Since Sonic '06 retconned itself, Sonic hasn't seen Knuckles since the events of Sonic Heroes.

Probably.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Endorph posted:

How could you forget Sonic Riders?

Oh. My mistake.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

LeafyOrb posted:

Unlike Sonic he don't chuckle, except for every scene in Sonic 3.

That was clearly a snickering animation.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd like to see only positive sonic, plus the bonus romantic Amy scene/dialogue, purely so that the thread will have something to whine and retch over. It's not really a complete Sonic LP without it!

Hey now buddy, we're not about to go horning in on Dexter's gal.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

majormonotone posted:

In the classic games like CD, she's still obsessed with him, but she's a lot meeker.

She was LITERALLY CLINGY in Sonic CD. She just got more screen time in later games.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 7, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Glazius posted:

The items, though - one or two points in a statistic really makes a big difference?

That really depends on how many points you get per level, now doesn't it?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GeneralYeti posted:

I played this game a while ago. I remember exactly none of this stuff holy crap.

That good, huh? :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Davinci posted:

I get the impression that the biggest reason for the backlash was because most people wanted and expected Sonic Heroes to be a Sonic Adventure 3 when it wasn't.

Everyone who wished Sonic Adventure 2 was just hedgehog stages eventually got an answer.

I liked it okay. :shobon:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kurieg posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware of this yet, but you're more right than you can possibly know.

:negative:

I'm a bit late on this, but I hope you're not trying to say Sonic Boom is going to be serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Well, I'm glad that it's not serious, I don't know why they wrapped them all up like they mugged a mummy and put Knuckles on a steroid regimen.

I don't know what's up with the whole athletic tape thing, but the official justification for Knuckles is that he's older than the other characters and needs to look like it.

• Locked thread