Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

At least we can take comfort in the fact that Big has been officially retired, so we're (hopefully) about as likely to see him again as we are to have a game starring Mighty, Ray, and Beak the Dynamite.

They finally told him about the rabbits. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know about you guys but Blaze is pretty rad. She's like, the only female Sonic character that isn't manic.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Amy and Big!!!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Emerl was introduced in Sonic Battle for the GBA. After having his copy function overloaded, and possibly broken, due to Eggman blowing up some stars and being forced to copy that energy, he was destroyed by Sonic.

Eggman later rebuilt him in Sonic Advance 3 as G-merl/Gemerl. At the end of the game, Tails manages to reclaim him and reprograms him to be their friend again with G-merl/Gemerl staying with Cream.

He could've you know, made him not look like an evil death bot in the process of fixing him...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheFattestPat posted:

Wow, doing a full adaptation of the game sure would be weird. That would be a comic adaptation of a game that takes it's inspiration from said comic :psyduck:

Speaking of hedgehog/human relationships, I always thought it was weird no one complained about the one in the OVA.

That one was like a goofy cartoony relationship. Sonic 06 took itself way serious.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aeromancia posted:

I'm pretty sure the first silver fight is also mandatory.

It's no use! TAKE THIS!

I know you *jetson's car noise* you're the Iblis trigger

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think it's because:

* The game basically expected you to play it four times with very little variation outside of the Team Chaotix stages, which tended to forsake speed for running around looking for objects.
* The enemies that required you to completely stop moving and beat the snot out of them due to their large health bars or armor.
* The story being rather lackluster and outright ridiculous at points. "Oh, hey, Shadow's alive? Let's fight for no reason!" "Oh, who are those guys (Team Chaotix)? I don't know who they are, but I'm just going to assume they're after Eggman's treasure and attack them anyway!"
* Unbelievably cheesy and almost painful dialogue. "Let's show this creep the REAL SUPERPOWER OF TEAMWORK!™"

You can never forget "Too bad it's all over... FOR YOU!!!!!!!!"

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Also Tails wasn't voiced by a small boy they found in a Walmart parking lot.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

majormonotone posted:

Cream, Eggman, Big. The best team (I'm not kidding, this is actually a ridiculously good lineup)

I'm liking this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

The thing that always gets to me about Sonic Heroes is how Team Hero/Dark/Rose are described in-game as being essentially a normal/hard/easy-difficulty setting, so people can play at their appropriate skill level. Makes sense.

Except you need to beat all of them to get to the last boss. If you beat the game with Sonic and crew, which you probably will since you have to unlock all the others, then it's just "congratulations! Now do literally the exact same thing again! Except less challenging!" It's just such a hilariously dumb decision.

Also: "Look at all those Eggman's robots!".

"Flying enemies are all yours! Attack them with thunder shoot!"

• Locked thread