Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ntrepid
Oct 11, 2004
Uh..
I'm in western West Virginia and new to birding. When can I expect to see some migrating birds? Looking forward to seeing and hearing some new species this fall/winter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntrepid
Oct 11, 2004
Uh..
Is there a resource out there that shows the more common vs rare species? I saw a Wilson's Warbler and a Connecticut warbler this weekend, as well as a few others that I couldn't ID. Just curious how often certain species are spotted.

ntrepid
Oct 11, 2004
Uh..
Arrived a little bit after daylight today and the warblers were very active. Saw my first Blackburnian and observed him for about 45 seconds. Very cool! I think i'm going to go again tomorrow to a different spot and see what shows up.

ntrepid
Oct 11, 2004
Uh..
Saw several lifers today for my first Spring migration in West Virginia. Hooded Warbler, Northern Parula, Blackburnian Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Yellow-throated Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, and lots of Summer Tanagers, Baltimore Orioles, Scarlet Tanagers, Indigo Buntings, and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.

It was a great morning. Can't wait to get out again tomorrow and see what's out there.