Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
After the rampaging popularity of Negima, he can just dive headlong into karate sorcerers punching one another in the face. Good on Ken.

First Chapter Scans Leaking Around The Edges Spoiler: Welcome back, Eva. Love the new look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The ending was literally a protest of Kodansha trying to take his copyright on his work away.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
His protest had the intended effect, Kodansha found other things to occupy itself with besides trying to recreate American comics problems.

(Man, they must be in fits over Naruto and other big name comics shutting down over there.)

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Nate RFB posted:

Was this ever proven or sourced? I seem to remember it was just a lot of speculation from the fanbase when they coupled the ending with the new legislation. I think it likely was the case behind the scenes either way but I don't think Akamatsu actually came out and said it was a protest.

The timing lines up entirely too well. The legislation starts up, he starts pushing the comic towards a rapid end AND he starts vocally supporting alternate, creator-controlled online distribution of comics. He doesn't need to actually say anything at all.

He's been in this business a very long time and he knows how to resolve a series without making readers flip the hell out.

That ending was severely rushed and as much money as he was making for them, it wasn't Kodansha telling him to hurry up and finish it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I think the going theory on why Eva doesn't have the traditional weaknesses she ought to have is because of Magia Erebea redefining certain parts of her supernatural makeup.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It might be to help emphasize that she's changed her overall outlook a lot from the old days and is conveying herself in a more wholesome manner.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Eva was, more or less, a member of Nagi's team and even he didn't know about her real form until he put the whammy on her.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Eva the Teacher was always my favorite.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
For lack of a better term, it seems that Eva has finally ditched the 'vamp' aspect she played up. Maybe even she decided she was getting a little too old, and a little too Face, to be conforming entirely to the traditional Dark Queen role.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

veekie posted:

^^
He cheated there.

He cared enough TO cheat.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Of course, if this IS a kid of Setsuna's line then a sucking chest wound really is JUST life's way of telling her she needs to slow down.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Greblin posted:

And ultimately, all shounen protagonists are immortal anyway.

Got a good point here.

Some of the BEST have been expressly immortal (or, at least, indestructible), such as everyone's favorite zombie: Yakumo Fujii.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

PerrineClostermann posted:

AI love you might have been mentioned in the love hina anniversary chapter, actually.

AI Love You gets teased in Negima as well, via Chachamaru's origins.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

McTimmy posted:

Hahaha, they used Happy Material again.

Happy Material for the song, but the opening animation is pure Shinbo.

The credits behind this production are bonkers. Ken Akamatsu (he's one of the writers) is teamed up with the Shimoneta team.

...And the other writer is a JoJo anime writer...

Buckle up, lads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There's so much subtle trolling in the opening from the very first shot.

It's an EXTREMELY 'I learned how to do this from Akiyuki Shinbo!' opening.

• Locked thread