Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

It can't be cheap because they have a loving boat and that thing is expensive even if it is a rental , but the lighting is really different and the look is really digital?? so it could be that.

Also Jody is in there so it is cool in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The change from Jodi to Vane is remarkable.Also the music theme is phenomenal,the hurdy gurdy sounds haunting.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 9, 2014

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

BlackJosh posted:

Jack Rackham might be my favorite character on the show. Both him and and the guy who plays Vane really seem to capture at least the myths that surround these two guys very well.

Well Vane was kind of slimy cruel instead of the straight violent-renegade-that doesn't play by the rules-badass that the show represents.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

AtraMorS posted:

I liked that approach too. It's pretty obvious they wanted this to have a mild History Channel sort of vibe ("...and this is where the term 'knots' comes from!"), and he worked pretty well as an audience-insert. It also made it doubly brutal when he nuts up and goes Hamster-style on the guy's throat because audience-inserts just don't do that.

(I should say that I routinely get lost in nautical terminology and know gently caress-all about how boats actually work, so I appreciate that mild History Channel vibe.)

They also did a good job with the sharpshooter. It's hard enough hitting a target from that far away with iron sights; try doing it when you and your target are bobbing like buoys. I like that they worked that bit in.

If I am not mistaken a bunch of the old muskets didn't have ironsights because you weren't supossed to aim too much just shoot in the general direction with the rest of your battalion and hope someone hits something.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The spanish accents were terrible , Silver speaking should have hosed all up but who cares ship on ship action was awesome.When the spanish man-o-war prepares to shoot the broadside my balls crawled up my torso

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm really confused about the ending. Please explain it to me.

How did the Spanish Manowar not destroy/kill/capture all of the pirates? The treasure ship was the one that got wrecked the end, what was that other ship that was still in the bay?

The urca de lima ran aground the night before.The spanish man-o-war was there investigating what happened to the ship .It makes sense that when the entire production of peruvian mines for a year dissapears , you take your best crew and ship and put it out there.Naval combat happens fucks both ships up and keeps looking for the Urca.

Gonz posted:

Except that one time in the 1580's when the Spanish armada tried invading England, and Elizabeth I gave them what for.
Actually after that expedition Trans-Atlantic trade grew safer and the spanish power in the atlantic kept steady.

Alchenar posted:

In the setting Spain is in sharp decline from being the world superpower.
Well spain was capable to put really good ships and numbers in the seas till 1805 when everything went tits up.In fact from 40's the country established itself as a naval research power.But true they were hosed beyond recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

• Locked thread