Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

M. Bison posted:

Yes.... yes!

I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Spartacus bro chiming in.

Enjoyed the show. Nice tits. Nice violence. What I expected and what I got. Waiting for the next episode.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

PlushCow posted:

Also anyone wanting to watch/rewatch the Black Sails pilot, Starz put it up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-vbDtyMXw

No way that's TV-14 unless they cut out 20 minutes of it.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
^But Spartacus had real characters too, and many of them died in real life early on in the war but lived until the (near) end of the series.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Perestroika posted:

The bald quartermaster guy (...Gates? I'm bad with names) is quickly becoming my favourite character in this. "It's my mistake, really, when I said I we needed to be civil for this meeting to happen, I should have specified that this would go for the entire duration of the meeting." :allears:

I have to say the other quartermaster is quickly my favorite. He's so slimy and slick, much better than the Silver actor. I almost think he should have gotten the role.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
My GF is convinced that Flint is the same actor as in GoT

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Rome and deadwood used swearing really well - "Juno's oval office man, does your blood run mad?!" - working it into period phrasing.

Um, do you know what thread you're in? How dare you. HOW. DARE. YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lyL_6PUpF0

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can we finally let the comparisons to Spartacus go? We're 5 episodes in and this show is nothing like it. I get they're both on Starz and I would love nothing more than a spin off with Caesar and the first Triumvirate, but I just don't think we're gonna get it and this certainly isn't trying to be it either.

I think that other goon hit it on the head when he said it was more like a pirate Deadwood.

It's just that everyone in that thread came over to this thread, and occasionally we think misty-eyed about Jupiter's cock.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

quote:

Pirates also used stinkpots. Stinkpots were small clay pots usually filled with burning sulfur (and sometimes plant gums, feces and rotten flesh) that were thrown onto the deck. A crude form of tear gas

:stare: I can't wait till we see that.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
By the way, might want to add this to the OP, the full first episode is available on youtube (legally):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v68pX9k4PJY

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I want Vane's Quartermaster to have his own show. I could watch him for an hour just trying to talk his way out of problems.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvP22sKiwE

:allears:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is it Vane or Vain

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

AFewBricksShy posted:

Does anyone have access to high res (1920x1080) screenshots from the opening credits? I think they would make awesome desktop backgrounds, but I can't find gently caress all on google.

You can probably easily grab screencaps with a program like VLC Media player

edit: also there's this

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
lotta :flaccid: in that episode

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's really interesting is that I am going through the IMDB credit list, and the guy is literally uncredited. I can't find him anywhere. Nice work keeping it quiet it seems.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The whole time he was sitting there he was clenching trying to force out a fart. It just ended up happening at the appropriate time.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The :asoiaf: moment of the episode: http://i.imgur.com/NOi2RQI.png

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I was thinking he was the out of focus person that Flint saw when he woke up on the island, but then it turned out to be glasses man.

the fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 15, 2014

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Wachepti posted:

How the hell are they planning on getting the the gold off the island with no goddamn ship!!!! Honestly it wasn't so much a cliff-hanger for me more of a "we are completely hosed but drat look how close we came" type of ending :( I mean if the man o' war hadn't been there they would have been able to get the gold no problem

Um that's why it's called Treasure Island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
We knew what became of Spartacus and it was still a wild ride

• Locked thread