Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

washow posted:

Definitely late. How many millions of HCs do you have to get that number?

Man I have 150,000 and only get 350-400 an hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I have 1.14 million chips right now.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Merijn posted:

I have 1.14 million chips right now.

I don't

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'll be breaking 5 million heavenly chips in the next hour or so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The new upgrades were certainly a big deal for people with that many chips. Kitten Managers and another prism-doubling upgrade basically mean quadrupling your income.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
I reset last week. Took just over 5 days (With no auto-clicking) and 120k chips to get to Kitten Managers.
Doubling the prisms at 200 is just out of my grasp.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I started playing again, sort of - really, running the game with Frozen Cookies - and did a reset to get the around 5k HC gain I had available. Running a brand-new game with a lot of HCs seems to crash Frozen Cookies, sort of - I'd get a "non-responsive script on this page" type message from Firefox. Eventually I realized the truth: FC is literally trying to buy things so fast that the whole thing hangs. If I hit "Stop Script", it would eventually catch up and my CPS had tripled - so I just saved, refreshed, repeated the process a few times until there were few enough things in the auto-buy queue that it stopped giving me the error.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

M3wThr33 posted:

I reset last week. Took just over 5 days (With no auto-clicking) and 120k chips to get to Kitten Managers.
Doubling the prisms at 200 is just out of my grasp.

I stalled a lot right around 185-195 and so I finally just had it run for a week. Now I'm stuck needing 600sextillion cookies for my 374th cursor and it's taking forever. I only make 155quadrillion cookies a sec though :(

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Easter update:
Beta: April 18th
Stable: April 20th

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What's the current browser addon thingie? Frozen Cookies?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I use Cookie Master.
Bookmark this.
java script:with(document)(head.appendChild(createElement('script')).src='//cookiemaster.creatale.de/b?c='+Date.now())._

e: CPS on reset calculations are broken.
This might fix it but YMMV.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 18, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I use Cookie Master.
Bookmark this.
java script:with(document)(head.appendChild(createElement('script')).src='//cookiemaster.creatale.de/b?c='+Date.now())._

e: CPS on reset calculations are broken.
This might fix it but YMMV.

Thanks!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm about to buy my 198th prism. I'm so loving close.

Ignoranus posted:

I started playing again, sort of - really, running the game with Frozen Cookies - and did a reset to get the around 5k HC gain I had available. Running a brand-new game with a lot of HCs seems to crash Frozen Cookies, sort of - I'd get a "non-responsive script on this page" type message from Firefox. Eventually I realized the truth: FC is literally trying to buy things so fast that the whole thing hangs. If I hit "Stop Script", it would eventually catch up and my CPS had tripled - so I just saved, refreshed, repeated the process a few times until there were few enough things in the auto-buy queue that it stopped giving me the error.

This is a known (non-)issue but more people have been asking the FC dev about it. You could almost say it's not a bug, it's a feature! :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
How many heavenly chips do you have?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Sindai posted:

How many heavenly chips do you have?

Not sure if you're asking me or not, but the current amount of 12,779. I know, pathetically tiny, around here.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I didn't want to assume he was asking me because I posted it here literally 10 posts up.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Haven't really mathed in a while. Are we still doing that not buying communal brainsweep and banking cookies in wrinklers thing?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Yes.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Counterpoint: depends on your clicks per second.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Well I have close to 500k HCs so I'll just assume my CPS is high enough

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

washow posted:

Well I have close to 500k HCs so I'll just assume my CPS is high enough

Clicks, not cookies, per second. The faster you click the more useful frenzied click frenzies are, and so you want to go all golden cookies.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

what am I doing with my life

washow
Dec 1, 2007

I am SO CLOSE. Currently at 1.068m HC

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I just stumbled into an engine exploit that makes resets a little bit less painful.
When you activate a cookie chain, but miss a cookie in the chain, it guarantees spawning a non-related golden cookie after it fades away.

When you reset your game, it automatically makes any current golden cookies fade away.

So if you're ready for a reset, wait until you activate a cookie chain. Then reset before the next one in the chain disappears. After the reset, it will spawn your non-related golden cookie immediately (hopefully a x7). This can also be used to make the Speed Baking III achievement easier.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I'm north of 7M HC, and I still haven't gotten the last achievement.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm north of 7M HC, and I still haven't gotten the last achievement.

I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist and quit when I reach bicentennial. gently caress that achievement :colbert:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kittle posted:

I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist and quit when I reach bicentennial. gently caress that achievement :colbert:

There should be a new update in the next few days which might change things? Who knows, but yeah the final achievement as it currently exists is kinda boring. I kind of wish he hadn't messed with the "build x cookies with y building" achievement in the last update because it originally offered a unique choice when playing: do you reset to farm for HC's or do you leave the game running for a month or two? The new update is supposed to add a good deal of stuff although we will have to wait and see.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

washow posted:

I am SO CLOSE. Currently at 1.068m HC

And then you are in for a world of pain and misery as you try to get to 400 cursors and its the worst thing ever

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh no, I'm probably going to hit 200 Prisms tomorrow and now I need 400 cursors too? Oh well, will pretty much double my HC next reset as well. And I'll break a million chips at the same time. Not much compared to some of you lot in this thread though.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

McDragon posted:

Oh no, I'm probably going to hit 200 Prisms tomorrow and now I need 400 cursors too? Oh well, will pretty much double my HC next reset as well. And I'll break a million chips at the same time. Not much compared to some of you lot in this thread though.

I'm not worried. With the last update, at 200 Prisms, the CPS effectively doubles, and with Kitten Managers, the CPS doubles. So I imagine future updates will only increase the CPS to make it easier to get to things, but right before you get there, there'll be a new long term goal.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

199 prisms guys. I'm almost there. Just need 50 sextillion more cookies.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I just clicked a golden cookie and it said "chocolateyness(sp) x7 for 7 seconds"

I've never seen that before. When was it added?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Gangringo posted:

I just clicked a golden cookie and it said "chocolateyness(sp) x7 for 7 seconds"

Looks like it's a really rare option with no benefit.
code:
else if (choice=='blab')//sorry (it's really rare)
  {
    var str=choose([
      'Cookie crumbliness x3 for 60 seconds!',
      'Chocolatiness x7 for 77 seconds!',
      'Dough elasticity halved for 66 seconds!',
      'Golden cookie shininess doubled for 3 seconds!',
      'World economy halved for 30 seconds!',
      'Grandma kisses 23% stingier for 45 seconds!',
      'Thanks for clicking!',
      'Fooled you! This one was just a test.',
      'Golden cookies clicked +1!',
      'Your click has been registered. Thank you for your cooperation.',
      'Thanks! That hit the spot!'
    ]);
  popup=[str,'???',str];
}

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Gangringo posted:

Hey cool, you got a blab cookie. :)

Things sure pick up after you buy 'Glow-in-the-dark' btw (the final Prism upgrade), I'm at ~45 quadrillion cps. :stare: this is insane.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

drat, 7x chocoalteyness for 7 seconds would actually be pretty awesome if it multiplied your Heavenly Chip multiplier.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I finally got a 777Qi cookie chain despite having the cps to be able to for a long time now. I should probably start keeping 3.1Sx as my bank minimum now.

Also where's that drat update. How sick is he?!?!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah it's weird. We were supposed to see the beta a week ago with the live update by Sunday. He said he was feeling better on I think Monday (?) but hasn't said anything since, and even the beta hasn't been hinted at again.

My guess is either he was sicker than he thought and maybe had to actually see a doctor, or else the update was more broken than he thought and he had to go back to the drawing board.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Does he have a day job? Maybe he doesn't have time during the week to do it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I've finally done it. The tab is closed and gone, due to a sudden cookie cleaning (ha ha), and so all I have left is the manual save. Now all I have to do is wait for a sudden need to reformat and I am truly free of this chocolatey mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Dunno if this is common knowledge, but if you burst the wrinklers the extra cookies they drop count for HCs. poo poo can net you a lot of extra HCs if you're already thinking about resetting and just let the first 10 perpetually suck on your production beforehand otherwise.

• Locked thread