Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, kitten overseers doubled my CPS, even after selling grammas, portals, and time machines to get them. Totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
Randomly started working after ctrl + F5ing for a while, still had all my crap. Holy poo poo, antimatter condensers are amazing.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Refreshing frantically seemed to do the trick for the black screen. Now to get the sweet, sweet, antimatter cookies.

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

If you have the blank screen, just keep refreshing; it'll get through eventually.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, did the new update make the base 2 achievement require 256 grandmas and cursors? :negative:

Nah, it still says 128 max.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
So I haven't known what to spend money on, so for the past few days I've been saving up money. This update comes around and and I got the Elder Covenant, 26 Antimatter Condensers, all the available upgrades for them I could get, and the next three (maybe four?) cookie upgrades. What the gently caress.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
So being that I have 900 golden cookie clicks and I'm still on 1.035 with 34 heavenly cookies possible... Should I do the reset and get a poo poo ton (43) heavenly cookies but lose all my golden cookie clicks and then update, or update first to keep my golden cookies first, then prestiging with less heavenly cookies?

What the gently caress is wrong with me.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Does anyone have a link to that site that calculates the next best upgrade?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Madeleines are the only cookie I recognize out of the 20% upgrades.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Ganeen posted:

So being that I have 900 golden cookie clicks and I'm still on 1.035 with 34 heavenly cookies possible... Should I do the reset and get a poo poo ton (43) heavenly cookies but lose all my golden cookie clicks and then update, or update first to keep my golden cookies first, then prestiging with less heavenly cookies?

It recalculates your cookies when you upgrade, I got nearly 100 extra

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Ganeen posted:

Just update. Your heavenly cookies will get recalculated after the update so it doesn't matter if you prestige before or afterwards.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Aha! Now I am getting an error message. This is progress!

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Palmiers are delicious. They sell them at Costco, just dont look at the nutritional facts though cause one cookie has like 30% of your daily saturated fat intake...

No clue what the other ones are though, I mean there are only so many cookie types and he's gonna have to run out eventually...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sorced posted:

Just update. Your heavenly cookies will get recalculated after the update so it doesn't matter if you prestige before or afterwards.

Yeah but the buy/reselling exploit won't work in the new one? I'm at 80 time machines, I'm wondering if I should buy/resell them a bit or some poo poo or if I oh my god why am I even where is the kill yourself button

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
I took a massive hit on my heavenly chips, but am now up to 500 billion a second in a frenzy, and need like 8 quadrillion to make sure I get my frenzy lucky bonus. I love this update. I was just about to reset too, so glad I didn't. At this rate I'll let it run a day or two before the next.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
Are a lot of people still having problems updating? I can't have my cookie creation be slowed down.

Also how long does it take Cookie Monster to usually update after there is a Cookie Clicker update?

EDIT: Also, how much is the first Antimatter Condenser?

Ganeen fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 15, 2013

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Ganeen posted:

Are a lot of people still having problems updating? I can't have my cookie creation be slowed down.

Also how long does it take Cookie Monster to usually update after there is a Cookie Clicker update?

Took me about 5 seconds, I was lucky and got in my first refresh though.

I dunno, but 101 costs 1.174 quadrillion. A bargain considering time machine 126 is 4.772 quad.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Ganeen posted:

999 million i think?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Ganeen posted:

It took a bit to get the thing to load, but not too long.

And as for Antimatter Condensers, they're a lot cheaper than I expected.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
Just got my first cookie chain.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
antimatter prices got nerfed apparently, friend's 55'th one costs 8 trillion. My 61st one costs about 4.3.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
e: nm

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 15, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yeah, Antimatter Condensers now have a base price of 3,999,999,999 as opposed to 999,999,999.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
time to never refresh my page ever, I guess...

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, soft resets don't reset golden cookie clicks. Welp, time to take the plunge!

True Neverclick, here I come!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Kitten Overseers... :allears:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm just getting error messages when I try to access cookie clicker now. Meh.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Frionnel posted:

Kitten Overseers... :allears:

So mad that their description isn't "meow may I serve you, sir"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I shouldn't have reset. Sure, my CPS is now triple what it was, but now there are more achievements. I was going to be done when I got my 100th time machine, now my 55th anti-matter condenser costs as much as my 81st time machine.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

So mad that their description isn't "meow may I serve you, sir"
That pun was done with the Kitten Helpers, though.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Ignoranus posted:

I got pretty frustrated with Gold and Gems when it turned out the ending was there is no ending, once you defeat the last dungeon nothing special happens.

I have had it in the background, because... well I don't know why, but I suppose the Cookie Clicker thread is the wrong thread to expect rational gamer behavior. But the weapon and armor enchant prices cap out. I have the last level down to a grind, clicking it occasionally when I notice/feel like it, with a reluctance to concede the non-end.

Weapon level 221, Armor level 76 (enough to take zero damage from any but the end boss), HP 99999. Only occasionally do I have to wait even 1 second to re-enter the dungeon.

Why are idle games a genre?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

So I've been playing this spoiler-free and am now producing a measly 383m cps. poo poo has gotten really weird with regards to grandmothers, I'm sure you all know what I mean. So far I've made a couple of decisions I'm apparently going to regret but the next one I'm saving up for is 2.56 quadrillion (Elder Pact) and the flavor text is pretty worrying. This isn't going to ruin my game or anything, is it? I never should have played with voodoo grandma magic

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Trap Star posted:

So I've been playing this spoiler-free and am now producing a measly 383m cps. poo poo has gotten really weird with regards to grandmothers, I'm sure you all know what I mean. So far I've made a couple of decisions I'm apparently going to regret but the next one I'm saving up for is 2.56 quadrillion (Elder Pact) and the flavor text is pretty worrying. This isn't going to ruin my game or anything, is it? I never should have played with voodoo grandma magic

No. It will change golden cookies, but not in a really devastating manner and it can be disabled.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

President Ark posted:

No. It will change golden cookies, but not in a really devastating manner and it can be disabled.

Oh I'm already getting that, and rolling the dice every time. Am I to understand the golden cookies come in chains eventually? Also, I've seen heavenly cookies mentioned, that's just a recipe mixture like +10% cps or whatever, right?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
To anyone else having trouble getting to the new updated version, looks like it might be a problem with his cloud hosting and might fix itself in a few hours or something. Just don't clear your browser cookies!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Trap Star posted:

Oh I'm already getting that, and rolling the dice every time. Am I to understand the golden cookies come in chains eventually? Also, I've seen heavenly cookies mentioned, that's just a recipe mixture like +10% cps or whatever, right?

Heavenly chips, not cookies. It's the new game+ mechanic.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
drat you, Orteil! 1,2,3,4... is an arithmetic sequence, not a geometric sequence! :argh:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Well, total it would be 1,3,6,10...which...might be a geometric sequence. I'm not good at math terms.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Cookie clicker hasn't loaded for me for over an hour. Am I...finally free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Cookie clicker hasn't loaded for me for over an hour. Am I...finally free?

Ctrl+F5, you aren't free yet.

• Locked thread