Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Vargs posted:

This feels pretty much exactly like the economy system from the Assassin's Creed games, except I can't spend my cookies on increasingly stupid looking swords.
And Saint's Row. And a bunch of other open world games probably.

I'm glad someone was finally smart enough to cut out all the tedious rooftop-running and car-driving that plagues those series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Goon projects never pan out. Everybody will be an idea man, and we won't have anybody that wants to be a clicker. After a couple of weeks with only a website and some bad cookie drawings to show for it, the new Goon Cookie Planet will just be a running joke to all serious cookiers out there.
But I've already got some textureless 3D cookie renders. We're like halfway done.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 28, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There's 2 kitties and I somehow ended up owning both after only purchasing the cheap one (which was also made much more expensive after I got it).

I really wish it told you how many cookies they were making for you somewhere though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The game really does slow down once you reach time machines. I think once you run out of new building types to aim for costs continue rising exponentially while income rises linearly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can confirm I got both of them with extra buildings after the new version yesterday.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh wow, the new 7x production golden cookies make it really easy to get the 1 billion cookies per second achievement. Thank god.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dundun posted:

I feel like I'm kinda stagnating at 222k cookie production, how are you guys getting 100m CPS?
Generally until you reach time machines the optimal strategy is to save for the next building type ASAP. Only get upgrades when they would obviously increase production more than another building.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Reloading has been spotty all day for me. Ever time I try it takes 4-5 tries to get the game to load again. I don't think it's being taken down, it's just overloaded.

Fortunately the tumblr says they're moving to better servers soon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Even more expensive cookie types too. Two more +15% upgrades for 10 trillion each.

EDIT: And an achievement for clicking 77 gold cookies. :getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Maha posted:

gently caress, this is a big cps hit. It's probably better not to buy that upgrade until that's fixed.
Seriously. I was getting 500 billion per cookie, and they spawn really frequently with both upgrades. They were probably doubling or tripling my income.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's well worth it to keep clicking red cookies. 666x for 6s nets me over 1.3 trillion. None of the negative effects are that bad.

EDIT: Of course now that I posted this I get nothing but clots. :argh:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 31, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Zoinker posted:

Found a new Golden Cookie function; Cookie Chain. It gives you 6 cookies...
and immediately spawns another one that gives 66 and spawns another one that gives 666 and so on until the chain is broken!
I was really excited to get one of these...but then a second cookie never spawned.

EDIT: There's also a "10x clicking power for 60s" golden cookie bonus that seems to do absolutely nothing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 31, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I noticed that when the temporary pledges expire it goes back to "Awake" instead of "Displeased." Does this mean you can never get more red cookies after the first pledge, or does it go back to Displeased eventually? I'd much rather have red cookies than pay 666 trillion and give up 20% of my income permanently.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Shyfted One posted:

They also changed Elder Covenant to be 10% instead of 20%.

Either that or the penalty is reduced the more times you toggle it. Someone else who didn't waste 660,000,000,000,000 to test the feature will have to check that.
If it's any consolation, it's pretty trivial to cheat your cookies back. Just look at the wiki's cheat page. I think in your case it's warranted.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Red Metal posted:

So I decided to crunch the golden/blood cookie numbers.
Looks like golden cookies are better than blood cookies as long as you can force yourself to bank enough cookies to max out the lump sum payment. At 300m cps it's something like 5 trillion (although you'd have to bank 50 trillion first). Elder frenzy would give you 11 trillion, but the odds are low enough it's not worth it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 31, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

tumblr posted:

Dungeons should completely change how the game is played once you unlock them
I wish there was a cookie I could click to make the game update faster. :f5:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
We all deserve it for selling our own grandmothers for an achievement.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Look at all the other upgrades, grandmas get a lot of doubling and quadrupling ones now, and they all stack multiplicatively.

EDIT: Also the descriptions on those are probably inaccurate as per the notes on the last couple of updates.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yes. Only keep it on if you're actively clicking cookies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

Anyone else get the bug where the kitten engineers only cost 9,000,000,000 instead of 9,000,000,000,000? Because I just did and holy poo poo.
Are you sure it was engineers? There's three levels of kittens and the middle one is 9b.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Meta Ridley posted:

When that day comes, there is always Anti-Idle for all your Boxes of Skinner needs.

I am sorry to anyone who has not heard of or played this game yet :(
Somehow it's a lot less interesting when there's no cookies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Desfore posted:

I have 19 trillion cookies saved up at this point, should I save them for a while to maximize gold/blood cookie clicks, or just buy as many cursors as I can?
If you're clicking gold cookies always bank at least 1800x your income to maximize the lump sum payout. If you don't miss any golden cookies and have both of the spawning frequency upgrades it's at least a 5x or so income increase.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
1,800x, not 18,000x. In other words, 30 minutes worth.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ouch, golden cookies got nerfed hard. I only got 1 trillion with 41 trillion banked.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Do you have about 550mil cps?
~824m cps. I just got another one that gave me over 1.4 trillion.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 4, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Income multipliers never stack, the new one just overrides the previous one.

EDIT: Although if you cheat (or maybe have the duration upgrade and are very lucky) you can have Elder Frenzy and Click Frenzy active at the same time, which is even more of an income boost.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 5, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yep! And having Clot halves the max you can get.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh god, now there's a prestige system. We'll never be finished now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Time for someone to calculate the number of cookies you should reset at to prestige as efficiently as possible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Do you get prestige chips for hard resetting, or only for resetting?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh, never mind, the warning message for hard resetting specifically says you lose your prestige.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Weird, I didn't get Nihilism and I had over 2 quadrillion total when I reset just now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He meant the amount of cookies you need to gain to get more Heavenly Chips is exponential, which is wrong (it's quadratic), but not in the way you're saying.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Avocados posted:

I was an idiot and reset immediately upon knowing that prestige existed. I thought it was based off of CPS, not cookie count. So I did that right after spending as much cookies as possible :(
Spending cookies didn't hurt you (it goes off total cookies produced, not banked), but not selling all your buildings did.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, that jump from the <10 trillion upgrades to the 77-100 trillion upgrades is pretty brutal. Prestige doesn't help too much at that point either since it's additive.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'd reset for the first time after you get every achievement.

Sell all your buildings before you do though, it'll gain you another quadrillion or so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

The game should have an option to reset everything other than shadow achievements.
A "Firm Reset" if you will. Though I'd want to keep heavenly chips too since I just miss getting achievements when I soft reset.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wait, so is the heavenly chip progression now 1, 2, 4, 8 trillion or 1, 2, 3, 4 trillion?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think the update will adjust how many Heavenly Chips you have regardless of when you reset or refresh because the game tracks your all-time cookies in the background and it recalculates from that. I'm pretty sure I had fewer than 128 before updating.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, did the new update make the base 2 achievement require 256 grandmas and cursors? :negative:
You mean Mathematician? It still says "(max 128)" in the tooltip. It might require 128 farms, but the tooltip also still says 1 time machine so maybe it hasn't been updated at all.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Either that or something else is broken on their end. I'm getting that error message too now, and I wasn't getting the black screen earlier.

He says on tumblr he's aware of it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 15, 2013

• Locked thread