Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

SovietSteel posted:

I just played this last night and suddenly it's all new and cool looking. gently caress I'm gonna lose another night to this.

Same here, dude, same here. I may even end up baking cookies tomorrow because of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
The more I think about what's going on in the cookie world the more unsettling it is.

Just think, you were passing out cookies to your neighbors, then to the schools, then cities and it just steamrolled from there. Now people are bathing in your cookies, rubbing their fleshy bodies in butter and chocolate, rolling around in the crumbs while moaning in ecstasy at the sweet, sweet nectar in their mouths. This is happening all over the world. Everybody is slowly getting fat, diabetes is on the rise, all food is now cookies. Cookie and cookie sandwiches, cookie stuffed chickens, mashed cookies with a side of cookie gravy, cookie beer, gently caress, even cookie flavored condoms. Even scientific progress has halted in the name of further cookie output, but nobody cares about the ramifications as long as it means more cookies, nobody cares, nobody notices.

Except grandma.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

Since the whole universe ends up being constructed out of cookies and the fundamental laws of physics being re-written by cookies, what's she gonna do about it, huh?

She probably just sighs, takes a sip of cookie wine, and then goes back to writing her will using melted chocolate chips. Then she realizes that the piece of paper her will is on is actually a big sugar cookie and just says, "gently caress it," right before eating it.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I feel like B.F. Skinner would look at this and weep in a mix of joy and anguish while clicking cookies himself.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I remember when I thought this was an innocent game about cookies, like some slightly goofy version of Lemonade Stand.

Oh how wrong I was.

Christ, I'm considering copying my save and then letting it run at work. Oh my God, help me.

Squidtamer DA fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 31, 2013

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
My milk status isn't on the stats page. Where did it go? I need to know how many kittensworth I am.

vvv Awesome, turns out I'm just bad at looking for things, I guess.

Squidtamer DA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 1, 2013

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I'm Skyping some friends right now and got them started on this. There's the sound of gentle clicking in the background, everyone's talking about having 400CPS and talking about getting their first alchemy lab.

Ah, innocence.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I'm not looking forward to the moment when I don't have anything else to buy and my lizard brain doesn't have the sweet dopamine kick this cookie game has been dosing it these past few days.

Until then, it looks like Hershey's chocolate and Heath chips were 2 for 5 last night so I guess I'll be baking tonight. Maybe I'll pass them along to friends too and see if any neighbors want any since I'll probably make too many to eat myself.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
The chocolate and heath cookies are done. Here is proof of my sacrifice:

Here's the recipe if anybody wants it. I'm going to smell like butter and blood brown sugar for the rest of the day.

I think I have enough cookie dough for one, maybe two more batches.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I just shouted at my screen just now because I refreshed and saw the new update.

There is no escape at all. Also, stroopwafels are amazing and if it wasn't for the three dozen cookies I made this weekend I might consider buying some.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I had a dream last night that I was at some party and my first thought at the party was to make sure Cookie Clicker was running in the background, so I ran to the first computer I could and put it on before going about my dream day. Maybe it's time I should pack it in before I end up like that celebrity.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I went out and got stroopwafels at a Trader Joe's for the first time after seeing them in this game. These are the most delicious cookie I've ever had in my life. I think I'm going to hunt down a bakery by me that makes them fresh since there's apparently a few in my area.

Thank you, Cookie Clicker. You've opened up a new world of cookies to me that I never knew existed.

Also, there were only two packages left when I went.

Squidtamer DA fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Ahhh, my computer updated last night and when I turned it on I had lost a days worth of cookies. What the hell happened?

• Locked thread