Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah I had been playing without refreshing for a while, did so, found a lot of milk and upgrades, got an absolutely ludicrous exponential increase in CPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Vargs posted:

This feels pretty much exactly like the economy system from the Assassin's Creed games, except I can't spend my cookies on increasingly stupid looking swords.

Yet.

Keep in mind he's planning on adding dungeons. Be prepared to spend your cookies on cookie crust armor and chocolate chip katanas.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay so I'm missing two upgrades (and a whole bunch of achievements but I suspect those are for challenge builds of some sort). I have every cookie type, and all pink-tier upgrades, as well as the extra one at 160 that clickers get. What am I missing? I'm guessing it's grandma related. They're shifty. They're up to something, I just know it. They want some of my 1 billion 300 million cookies per second. Well they can't have any. They're all mine. ALL MINE.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I made a terrible mistake and reloaded again, and it made my cats stop working. Goodbye, 3 billion CPS.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Blast of Confetti posted:

If I restart my malevolent cookie empire, will it wipe my cookiechievements as well?

You have two restart options, one restarts you fully, including achievements, and the other keeps achievements but removes everything else. There are three achievements you can only get through resetting this way. The last one is for resetting when you have ONE TRILLION COOKIES. NG+ ahoy!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man having both golden cookie upgrades makes a MASSIVE difference. You go from seeing one every hour or so if you're luckily looking at the screen at that time, to "eh, I'll just click one more golden cookie before I tab out". Still haven't seen any of those increasing sixes ones though. Only the x7 for 77 seconds and the flat 10% variety.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

odd2k posted:

How do you get those upgrades?? I can't ever catch a drat break, the drat golden cookies are in hiding.

Guess. Gotta hit 7 golden cookies for the first one and 27 for the second. They cost 777,777,777 and I'm pretty sure 7,777,777,777 each. The hardest part is the first 7, the first upgrade helps with the next 20, and from then on out you're getting golden cookies so often you can almost always catch one when tabbing into the cookies.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The entirety of all the cookies I have made in the entire game is less than the total required cost for the three new cookie upgrades.

God drat.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So are the new upgrades all Heavenly Chip related? I notice I went down to 83/93, and I'm only missing the three 100 trillion cookies.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ah, makes sense. I'm going to get all the new upgrades first and then decide whether to reset.

The question is whether getting the new upgrades would be faster if you just reset now. It seems like Prestige can make getting those 100 trillion upgrades a lot more reasonable. Afterall, the end-game is the part of the game that takes the longest, getting your previous upgrades would be pretty quick.

At least, that's my take on it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I got impatient and reset because I wanted those sweet prestige chips, but hosed up my math and ended up with an UNEVEN amount of them, which is gonna bother my OCD rear end forever. I think I'm just gonna get True Neverclick this run, get a single trillion then reset again so I have an even 30 chips for a for-reals continuing play.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Holy poo poo the new version of Clicking Frenzy is RIDICULOUS. I did my soft reset and was slowly charging up to the first golden cookie upgrade, at 777,777,777. Right as I was about to hit it, I noticed I was about to get a cookie, so I decided to get one last one before the upgrade. After it was over, I had around 13 billion. x777 clicking power is ACTUALLY PRETTY CONSIDERABLE as it turns out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Once you have Get Lucky, though, the chance to get a Frenzy followed by a Lucky in the same time period, therefore giving you a big bulk injection at a much more constant rate than Elder Frenzies or full Chains makes it more worth it.

I'd still argue staying in Elder-mode is worth it until Get Lucky though, if only because it might be a slightly faster path to it if you're, well, lucky enough.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

All-time, over all resets.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So can I, and it tastes... Like cookies.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Whoop, finally managed to get in, too bad I missed the few-seconds window for cheap antimatter.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I reset to give me more motivation to play GTAV and stop watching golden cookies. This is going to backfire, isn't it?

Big time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There will be. Orteil has promised eventual full updates akin to the Grandmapocalypse for all the low level buildings. He says he wants every building to have a little mini-game.

Keep in mind this game is like 2-3 months old, tops.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Well the beta... Half-works for me. It shows up, and I can control it, but I guess my old monitor makes everything cluster together in an unreadable mess, and it constantly seems like I'm fighting the AI for control of the character. I'll just wait until Orteil gets the issues fixed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So wait, I'm stupid, how do I enter dungeons?

They're only in the beta, and you need 50 factories. Then you just click the giant factory that shows up.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

alcharagia posted:

Has anyone else found the secret from throwing candies onto the ground?

Edit: How do you beat yourself?

To beat yourself you need to become more self-confident. If you want it spelled out, you need the Octopus King Crown.

Edit: I have a question of my own: Is there an actual END to the Super RPG? Once I made it past the Dragon it seemed to just keep repeating the same enemy pattern until I eventually got overwhelmed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What's the item directly above the L? I've already beaten the game and everything, it's literally the only thing I'm missing, I might as well get it for completion purposes.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 25, 2013

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah, Candy Box 2 was alright. Not great, not bad, just sort of alright. Bit too easy.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oenis posted:

With the rate at which these games come out, and their general popularity, I believe we could do with a Skinner Box Game General thread? Frankly, the cookie game is kind of dead anyways, because there haven't really been any content updates for weeks. I'm sitting on 11111 HC and I don't even know why I'm still keeping the tab open.

I hate the mandatory potion brewing in the Candybox 2 game. So tedious. I'm stuck at the castle gate and I probably need a P or X potion, am I right? Or am I missing something else?

It depends. There's a lot of hidden poo poo all over the place. All I can say is, you never need to use a P potion, and while the item the X potion gives you is really useful, it would be of no use whatsoever at the castle gate.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

15 000 candy so I have a chance at maybe killing the cave bosses, wow that's a lot of candies. Am I supposed to wait for that or grind the bridge boss or what?

Do the games in the Gaming House. If you get far enough in the second one you can get like 10k easy. And the cheaper game is fairly entertaining and can give you a fair chunk of candy as well, if you get good at it. If you don't have access to the Gaming House, check the trees to the north of the village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

... Huh, did clicking the cookie ALWAYS cause it to sprout minicookies from where you clicked, or is that new to this update?

• Locked thread