Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #11: Rendezvous Round Back

New Folio Entries:

The Canon
  • History - A collection of inscriptions scattered throughout Lemurés believed to contain the words of Feolthanos. The Canon is the code by which the aegyl lead their lives. It details the origins of the auraliths and proscribes all contact with the outside world.
  • Lore - Herein inscribed are the words of He Who Leads, Feolthanos, the Eternal. Honor His words. Teach your children to honor them, and your children's children. In so doing, may you know peace.
    - Sacred Epigraph

Tormelados, Isle of the Megalith
  • History - The great skystone piercing the island cuts an imposing figure, but many are the sky pirate who have found respite on the slopes of the gently rolling hills in its eaves. An auralith sits enshrined in the island's fane, marking it for the sacred place it is to the aegyl.
  • Lore - I've not seen the like of the skystone that dominates the landscape here. The climate beneath the stone is cool and pleasant, and there is a great shrine -- small though it appears by comparison -- standing near its base. What treasures wait within?
    - Royal Society of Anthropology

New Logbook Entries:

Captain's First Log
  • Happy now? I'm writing! I don't think a log check should count as you entry. What am I supposed to write? 'Isle of the Megalith ahoy! Rudders full to port!'?
    - Vaan

Clouds Below
  • Rescued fellows from attack.
    In pursuit of sky pirates.
    We make for the fane.
    May the clouds be below us.
    - Llyud

That's it?
  • Is that all you can say, Llyud? There has to be something more you could write. We are your friends, after all.
    - Filo

Grand Opening
  • No need to bicker! If I don't see you at the grand opening of my shop, then we'll have something to argue about. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this...not literally, of course.
    - Tomaj

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

We have a new location, but also some shopping to do. So we're going to do the one that involves going back to the airship first.

"When did you find the time for that?"

"I'm a man of many resources. You should know that by now."

Let's see what he's got.

"Buying or selling, you've come to the right place."

You get a choice to buy, sell, or cancel. Let's take a look at what we can buy.

If you've been opening every treasure chest so far, as I have been, you should have every weapon and armour Tomaj is selling. Frankly, you should never have to buy a weapon from Tomaj. The not-unlocked-yet crafting system will always give you better, cheaper weapons.

Accessories are interesting though. As i've mentioned, they give buffs rather than direct stat boosts. Some accessories can be found in treasure chests, but some can only be brought here. Sprint Shoes are one of the first accessories you get, back in missions 2-1, the first mission we did on Lemurés. If you somehow missed them, you should seriously pick up a pair right now, and don't forget to equip them! You'll need them for the upcoming mission.

Let's go sell some stuff.

Since weapons become obsolete, stopping by and selling some you don't need should be routine. The main difference in this menu is that you can sell back materials.

Hey, look, I know menus are super-exciting, but we've gotta get back on track here. Let's talk to Tomaj!

"We've got aegyl crawling out of the woodwork."

"They're gonna be staying with us for a while. Just until we're sure they'll be safe."

"I don't suppose you'd care to elaborate? Maybe tell me who they are, or how they got here?"

"I'm sure a practiced streetear such as yourself should be able to piece it together."

"So now i'm supposed to investigate what my own friends are doing? This is a fine pass we've come to."

"Some say the Judge of Wings is Feolthanos come to walk among us. If this be true, we must not meddle in His affairs."

"Llyud's choice to befriend you is a puzzling one. Perhaps he fits in with your unlikely group."

"What's that supposed to mean, Vaan? When did I ever mother anyone?"

"Uh, when haven't you?"

"What!?"

"Take it easy, Penelo. It's not like it's a bad thing."

"The aegyl should be safe inside the airship now."

"Yeah. Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't found 'em when we did."

"We can't let things going like this. We have to do something about the sky pirates."

"Yes."

"So, what's the difference between auracite and an auralith?"

"The origin of auracite and the auraliths is the same. All auracite comes from the auraliths, and both were gifts given to Lemurés by the Eternal."

"In other words, the auraliths are just big pieces of auracite, right?"

"You might say that, yes. The Judge of Wings is gathering auracite and seeking the auraliths. To what end?"

"Yeah, I hope so. There's just so many of us now... Well, the more, the merrier."

"The more, the merrier! Are we going to fight the sky pirates again? I hope I'm not in the way..."

"Hey, not so fast, Filo. We gotta make sure we're ready first."

"I'm ready, already! Who's gonna stop those sky pirates if we don't?"

"Rushing off before we're ready will only make things worse."

"Okay, okay... So if you were the father, and Penelo were the mother, that'd make me the daughter!"

- Rendezvous Round Back: After saving the aegyl, the party heads for the shrine holding the auralith, but a watch has already been posted outside! How does Vaan plan to sneak past? -

Soundtrack: Dungeon 2 Field (Infiltration)

"Too many patrols."

"Are you crazy? You saw what they did to those aegyl!"

"Well, I don't hear any other ideas."

"You might have told us a little sooner."

"The entrance can only be opened by a switch inside the temple."

"Arrr..."

"By yourself? What if they catch you?"

"It's hardly the first time I've snuck inside a heavily guarded building. And if I go alone, there's less chance of getting caught."

"You guys head around to that secret entrance, and i'll meet ya there."

- Objective: Sneak into the temple! Vaan must survive. -

This mission can be a brick wall for some people, but the strategy is simple. Tap Vaan, tap the goal, cross your fingers that you don't get hit with an immobilising ability on the way. As long as you remembered the sprint shoes, it's that easy. You may have to brute-force your way, but you get exp even if you lose, so no sweat. If you're really having trouble, go around the outside of the arena, not right through the middle. No treasure chests here contain missable items, so feel free to skip them.

If you're not feeling confident about your level, you should go gain a few now. The main way to get levels outside of doing sidequests are melee battles. After completing the story missions in an area, you get the option to battle the indigenous monsters there. I'm not going to show the melee battles, as they're not interesting. They're fairly generic, no cutscenes wrapping them, and bland. Enemies in melee battles do scale to your level, and you can mine materials from melee battles, so they're for grinding levels only pretty much. So i'll still be doing them, just off screen.

But because this update is a bit short, i'm going to post the video of the melee battle in the Bosco Pampa. This won't be a regular thing, it's just in case you wanted to know what the battles looked like in motion.
Click here for the video

Next time: We go inside the temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread