Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #12: The Crystal's Cry + Judge of Wings

New logbook entries:

Security
  • When Vaan let us into the shrine, the auralith was out in the open, just asking to be stolen. The aegyl sure are trusting.
    - Kytes

An East Wind
  • Strong winds worry at my wings in spite of fair weather today. I know of no aegyl who would steal as the sky pirates do.
    - Llyud

Memories
  • Sneaking into the shrine the other day reminded me of breaking into the palace. I'd never have met Balthier and Fran if it wasn't for that. Now we're practically inseparable! Practically....
    - Vaan

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

"Best make your peace now. Hrah!"

"There are other aegyl who have fled here for shelter. Tomaj is showing them around the airship."

"The sky pirate mumbling to himself has been staring at us."

"The question is, what?"

"Better be careful, Vaan."

"It is the most direct way there."

"We owe you one, Llyud. I don't think we'd have found a way without you. You can leave the rest to us. We won't let anything happen to the auralith."

"Why are you doing this?"

"The auralith - it's important to you, right? That's good enough for me."

"To protect the auralith is our sacred duty. It is the will of the Eternal. The auralith is deep inside the temple. Are you ready to search for it?"

"We need you to be there for us, Vaan."

"Don't worry, Penelo. I know what i'm doing. Besides, even if something did happen, you'd still be here to mother everyone."

"Hmph! Just remember, we have to look after Filo and Kytes. So try not to do anything stupid."

"Maybe you should sit this one out. Y'know, stay here and get some rest."

"Rest!? We're sky pirates! What good is a sky pirate resting inside an airship? You don't need to worry about me, Vaan. Now let's hurry up and find that auralith!"

- The Crystal's Cry: Having slipped past the watch, the party continues toward the inner chambers of the shrine in search of the auralith. What they find is beyond imagination. -

Soundtrack: Dungeon 4 Field - Dungeon 4 Battle (An Imminent Threat)

- Objective: Defeat all enemy leaders. At least one ally must survive. -

The purple level II esper our foes have is Carbuncle. They're the upgraded version of white hares, and can provide some serious healing! You'll need to kill them first, or they'll keep topping up your foes HP.

Across the field from our starting point is the Spoony sky pirate, the white mage of the enemy team.

They have a few espers defending them, but not enough to be a challenge. Two of the espers are Carbuncle, and so once all the espers who can attack are dead, these guys can't do anything to you.

Some enemy espers come around the corner from the summoning gate our foes control, but they're pretty whatever.

These big-eared espers are the Cait Sith of this game. They're pretty cute, but sadly, they have to die.

We can take out the Regretful sky pirate here, but the Unscrupulous mechanist will run off.

Capture the summoning gate and summon more espers, take a bit of a break to bulk up your forces.

In this corner, the summoning gate will mostly spit out Carbuncle. You have to thin their numbers, perhaps even kill them all, before you go for the leaders.

Soundtrack: Dungeon 3 Field (The Beginning of the End)

"Small wonder the barrier has fallen. What manner of device is this?"

"I don't know, but you can bet the Judge of Wings is behind it."

"Um, Vaan? Something's headed this way."

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 3 (Esper Battle)

"Together we will find the two remaining auraliths. You will have all the auracite you want and more."

"And what of Ivalice? Under my dominion, I could grant your every wish."

"I already told you, we're not interested."

"(chuckle) Sky pirates are ever creatures of avarice and greed. Perhaps you, too, seek the Eternal?"

"Did you say "eternal"?"

"See for yourselves the true face of greed."

Soundtrack: Balthier's Theme (Destiny)

"But you, my dear, poison yours. You've no sense of fair play."

"Your 'eternity' is an illusion."

"Our desire for the Eternal is the desire to become undying. Ask, and I can make eternity a reality for you."

"All this talk of dreams and desire - I'm like to take you for a lover, not a foe."

"It's time you opened your eyes to reality."

"Not this day."

"I set him free - free of life's burdens."

"These tricks you're playing on us, these things you're showing us - I don't believe any of it!"

- Objective: Defeat the Judge of Wings. At least one ally must survive. -

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 2 (Desperate Fight)

"Who do you think you're talkin' to?"

The Judge of Wings starts up near Shiva, but will quickly rush over to engage your party.

This is near the second summoning gate, and she's already here! Smarter players would camp at the start until she came up and attacked, but it's not a hassle fighting her here. After defeating her, the objective changes a little!

- Objective: Defeat Shiva. At least one ally must survive -

Capture the nearby summoning gate, and sure up your numbers.

Shiva is behind Sirens and Goblins, Flying and Melee espers. She herself is Ranged, meaning it's a bit messy getting in there. Send Vaan (and/or Ba'gamnan, if you're using him here) to attack Shiva, after distracting the other Espers with other characters.

Shiva is also weak to Fire, so use Fire Espers on her. As a warning, most Fire Espers are weak to Water, which is Shiva's element, so distract Shiva with another unit. Kytes' Firaga is also helpful here!

Don't forget to top up your Espers! You can lure Shiva over on top of the summoning gate, then summon Espers she's weak to from under her, if you want.

Soundtrack: Sad (White Room)

"I... I just don't know."

"Don't know what?"

"How should I act?"

"Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes there is no right way to act."

"Well, what's everybody standin' around for? We've got a judge to catch!"

ok Amazing fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread