Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #32: Never Alone

Soundtrack: Sad (White Room)

"I can see right through myself!"

"Are we... are we dead?"

"Vaan will find a way to help us."

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village)

The darkness is blinding, no matter where we run. The only other person here is Llyud.

- Anger, sorrow. You are no stranger to what he feels, Vaan. -

Music stops.

- The world you see exists only within your mind. It is the world in which we live. Your thoughts betray your doubt and suspicion of Balthier. But is that truly how you feel? -

Soundtrack: Theme of Love (Ai no Theme)

- You said you would never let yourself forget that which is truly important. Who's important to you, Vaan? You know the answer. Don't let it slip away! -

Making our way over to the group of Alrunae causes us to leave to the world map.

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village) plays on the world map, rather than the usual theme.

Lesrekta, Isle of Illusions is populated by entirely unfamiliar locations. The End of Dreams is where we just came out of. There is a melee battle at Illusion's Home, but our destination awaits at The Neverwood.

- Never Alone: Vaan wanders aimlessly after walking in an unknown land. Why did Balthier destroy the auralith? Where is everyone? Lose and alone, Vaan calls out to his friends.

Soundtrack: Revealed (The Forgotten Capital)

"The island of the Yarhi, I should think. The land beyond the summoning gates."

"How did we get here?"

"When Balthier destroyed the auralith there was a blinding light. That light must have guided us here. But why would he do this?"

"I'm sure he must've had some reason."

"We must look for them."

"I guess they can't hear me. If you can hear me, then help me fight our way to each other!"

- Objective: Defeat all enemies! All allies must survive. -

In this battle, Vaan is the only leader to summon espers to his aid. Our foes, however, are basic espers - the same three we started the game with, in addition to Malboro - so you should pick whatever level II melee espers you feel would help you the most. I select Golem, due to their ability to inflict immobilise, but there is no wrong choice here.

Soundtrack: Dungeon 4 Field - Dungeon 4 Battle (An Imminent Threat)

Our arena is littered with foes, foraging points, and treasure nodes. In this game, strength in numbers has always been advised. By pressing X, you can select all your units at once and give them all the same command, and it's a command I employ a lot. In this battle, since units are scattered from the start, and making this by mistake can be lethal, so don't let muscle memory trick you.

Penelo and Llyud make a strong team. Both have experience with combat before, and any damage Llyud takes can be healed quickly by Penelo. You can start moving them around to get chests and meet up with Vaan. However, their combined damage output is low, as Penelo can't even attack.

Filo and Kytes are children, and have always been very fragile. Decoy Bit can give Filo a bit more of a chance, but the strategy with these two would be for them to deal damage before they can take damage. However, you might also want to just leave them be, as there is no imminent danger. A few failed attempts of this mission were a result of me putting too much pressure on this pair.

Vaan reaches a foraging point. He could use the health. If his party members were in danger, they'd feel the healing effects of the foraging point too...

"What was that?"

"Be thankful for small favours!"

"Did you feel that?"

"It must've been Vaan!"

"Yeah!"

Penelo and Llyud wander close to Vaan...

"Are you all right?"

"Vaan? Where are you?"

"They're all right. Come, we must move on."

And the trio head over to help Filo and Kytes.

"Since Vaan's not here, I guess it's up to me to watch out for ya. Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to ya, Filo!"

"(laugh) You sound just like him!"

"Looks like they're okay."

Once everyone is back together, they can compensate for each other's weaknesses, in a way which makes clearing the rest of the espers off the map trivial.

"Whaddya mean, sorry? Who do you think you are?"

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 1 (Slash of the Sword)

There's still treasure left to obtain. After knocking the Great Malboro with a couple of debuffs, I send everyone around to grab it.

As long as everyone stays together, there's no danger.

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village)

While Vaan is looking for his companions, his companions are looking for him. Next time, we continue our mutual search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread