Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #4: Unwelcome Guests

Soundtrack: Penelo's Theme

]

"They...they forced their way onto the ship."

"You don't think Vaan would do something like that, do you?"

"You know how he is about airships."

Soundtrack: A Villain (Feywood)

"Kinda creepy."

"Hmph!"

"Do you think she'll fly, Vaan?"

Suddenly, a bangaa jumps out from behind the control panel!

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 1 (Slash of the Sword)

"Some snakes trying to pass as headhunters."

"How many times do we have to kill you, anyway?"

"Well, well. Who have we here! Tire of playing at pirates with Balthier, did you? I settle my scores, boy, and yours is long past due!"

"What do we do?"

"We, um..."

"Hey, get back here!"

"After them!"

"What's that? Do my eats hear mutinous mutterings from your mouth?"

"Aye, sure 'n' there's not, my sister."

"Y'see, we're looking ta leave the headhunting business fer good and all. Only, Ba'Gamnan does nae take well ta desertion. So yer going ta replace the lot of us."

"Not a fair trade by half, but it will have to do."

"You should know better than to bite off more than you can chew, you scurvy lizards!"

"You leave her outta this!"

"Cut or be cut, but be on with't."

"Make it one fer the ages!"

"Now let's see how tough they really are!"

- Objective: Defeat Ba'Gamnan, Bwagi, Rinok, and Gijuk! Vaan must survive. -

This is the first battle in the game that doesn't contain a tutorial.

On the top screen, we can see our foes have run to the other side of the airship, as the cutscene before the battle indicated. This gives us a bit of time to plan our attack.

All of our foes are Melee units, except Gijuk, who's a ranged attacker. Filo and Garchimacera (the flying Espers) will be valuble in this battle, so get summoning more of those.

Kytes will be largely useless, but him and Vaan can be sent out to defeat Gijuk.

You'll notice Espers have significantly less HP than party leaders, and die in a few blows. That's why you need to keep new ones in production! But there is a limit to the number of Espers you can have on field. Espers have an Affinity cost, which varies from Esper to Esper, more powerful ones having a higher Affinity cost. In addition, each leader unit in your party has an Affinity stat, and the total Affinity of the leaders on field represents how large you pool of points to summon Espers is.

As you can see, Garchimacera cost 10 Affinity points, and we have a total of 75, which means we can have 7 Garchimacera on the field or in production.

If you didn't set your character's abilities as their Gambits like I did last battle, you should do that now.

There is nowhere to restore HP in this fight, so if Vaan gets hurt a lot, move him out of harm's way.

As long as you keep the Espers coming, Filo shouldn't take enough damage to ever be in danger.

"We should've quit while we were ahead. Let's get while the gettin's good!"

Bwagi, Gijuk, and Rinok run off, leaving Ba'Gamnan behind.

Soundtrack: Battle 2 (State of Urgency)

"The airship's moving!"

"No time to waste!"

"We better get to the bridge!"

"Never forget that he who laughs last, laughs hardest!"

Soundtrack: Main Theme

"On our next adventure, where else?"

"What kind of answer is that?"

The airship shakes faster, before lifting off!

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

"The legend!"

"The undiscovered sky continent!"

"It's not our fault. The ship started moving all by itself."

"Don't worry. I can fly the airship, no problem."

"Hmph. You're certainly confident."

"At least I finally managed to get our "guest" under control."

"First things first. Our airship needs a name. No self-respecting band of sky pirates has a ship without a name."

"Yeah! It's bad luck!"

"But since when are we a band of sky pirates?"

"This is the adventure you've always wanted, right? That's good enough for me! Now to think of a name..."

I mean, if it's bad luck and all, we'd better postpone things until we have a name. :tinfoil: That means it's thread participation time! Let's name this airship! You can have up to 9 characters in it's name. The default name is the Galbana, in case you were curious, but lets not go with that. Dunno how long i'll leave voting open, at least a day, and then probably longer, until there's a clear winner.

Some of you will have already figured out Ba'Gamnan and his siblings are returning characters from FFXII. Because we're naming the airship right now, i'll be doing a write-up of where they were in a later post.

ok Amazing fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread