Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #37: Another quick sky saloon visit

New Cu Sith quiz:

The quiz for the Golden Staff is the same as previous quizzes for Penelo, because she pretty much only has one quiz.

The quiz for the Artemis Bow is the same as a previous quiz for Fran, the Elfin Bow.

Rainmaker
Could a skybandit be used as a ship?
  • That's ridiculous.
  • It just... might... work...
  • Only one way to find out.
Who invented the skybandit?
  • Must've been a moogle.
  • Who indeed.
  • Who cares?
I want to ride a skybandit!
  • Who doesn't?
  • You should ask Filo.
  • You'd fall right off.

The quiz for the Blood Lance is the same as a previous quiz for Llyud, the Mythril Lance.

Hornito
Word association: Explosion.
  • Ka-boom!
  • Ka-blooey!
  • How do you play this game?
What is an explosive just no an explosive without?
  • A big bang.
  • A broad blast radius.
  • A detonator?
Plead your passion to the powder keg!
  • I will surpass Balthier!
  • I will defend my friends!
  • I will protect Penelo!

There should have been a Cu Sith quiz last update, as we got 2 new books after our first mission here in Ivalice. It was my fault I forgot to add one, but here's the first one now.

The following missions in Ivalice are sort of considered by the game as one big mission, and dialogue at the airship won't update between then. So for a change, we might not be seeing this place for a while. That's why I'm putting this dialogue into a short little update for you guys.

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

"To look below me and see only earth is... troubling."

"It sure is nice having solid ground under out feet again."

I can't keep both Penelo and Llyud happy, thanks guys.

"It's not much, but I'm still getting information for the notice board here and there."

"It's a little soon for talk like that. There'll be plenty of time to tell everyone back in Lowtown what you've been up to once we're back."

"Okay, okay. I guess we're just getting to the best part, anyway, aren't we. I wonder what Llyud thinks of Ivalice? I sure hope he likes it!"

"Yeah, but so far it doesn't look like any have made it into the city."

"Let's hope it stays that way. What if something happens to Migelo or the others? I guess we're fighting to keep everybody back home safe. We can't let 'em down!"

And next is the Sky Saloon, naturally. The generic NPC's still have the same dialogue as last we talked to them, but all our main and playable characters have new things to chat about.

Soundtrack: Airship 2 (Secret Practice)

"Surely they cannot still fear the Empire."

"It's not that. They just get a little nervous around you is all. They're not all that much younger than you. I'm sure they'll open up if you give 'em a little time."

"We shall see."

"You could've sent a messenger to tell us what you wanted us to do, but you couldn't resist coming. Still the same old Larsa."

"Oh?"

"Not that that's a bad thing. Actually, I was sorta relieved you hadn't changed. I mean, your family has a history of... letting power go to their heads."

"You need not fear that from me. I had no idea Penelo was such an excellent cook!"

I cannot accept that it is mere coincidence. She must have some reason.

"Trade has been favourable."

"Turning a profit, are you?"

"So much that we can afford to further reduce our prices for you. If there are materials you need, you've come to the right place."

"Woah, you're starting to sound like Tomaj."

"Now that you mention it..."

This is only a slightly terrifying development.

"She went to commune with the winds."

"I wanted to feel the wind on my face. I'll not be long."

"As you say."

"There's something I - (sigh)"

"Go on."

"I travelled to Rozarria not long past. I saw Al-Cid."

"A state visit, was it? A queen's work is never done."

"You really must see a sunset in the Ambervale. It was beautiful."

"No more beautiful than the view from the Strahl, I should think."

"If only I'd had the time to appreciate it then."

"There's still time."

"Is there, Balthier?"

Short update, but that's about all anyone has to say, so we'll live.

Voting is still open for our next destination! As of now, the Glabados Ruins seem to be winning. I said I was going to close voting after this update, but I changed my mind. I'll be doing a magicks and abilities update for our new party members next, and voting will close after that. If you haven't voted yet, anyone is welcome to, so get in with yours. So next time, magicks and abilities! And the next time after that, we visit the destination that you guys voted for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread