Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #43: Taking Counsel (2) + Comfort Food.

New logbook entries:

Rabanastre
  • I paid a visit to Rabanastre while Vaan and the others were down in Giza. Migelo was worried about everyone, naturally, but he seemed to relax a bit once I told him what had been going on. At least he gave me a warmer welcome than I got at the Sandsea...
    - Tomaj

True Captain
  • To be honest, I never thought much of Basch from what I'd heard about the war and the Empire. Now I realize that everything he does is to protect others. One day, I'm going to be like him.
    - Kytes

Soundtrack: Revealed (The Forgotten Capital)

"The Judge of Wings is really a viera named Mydia. Only she's not just any viera, she's one of the last of the Exiled viera."

"And that's why she went looking for the Cache of Glabados - its connection with the Eternal."

"But what happened to her after she found the Cache?"

"That's the big question, isn't it?"

"If I may..."

"The inscription!"

"That's when she found a way to get to Lemurés!"

"She knew that her tribe of viera were the sons- or daughters, in this case - of Feolthanos. She went to Lemurés looking for him."

"There's one thing I still don't understand: Why leave a trail that we could follow? Unless she wanted us to find it..."

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

And with that, we get control of Vaan again.

"...has issues that need resolving."

Feolthanos is pretty much the two things Balthier likes the least.

"The Exiled flouted these laws, and met the same fate as all who do."

"What reason could she have for this?"

"It should not be long before they have news to report."

We can't visit the sky saloon, and checking the notice board will have Penelo say...

"Have you seen Filo or Kytes anywhere?"

Which leaves us with only one option! Let's launch!

Knew it.

"We can't read a word."

"Where'd you dig that up?"

"We wanted to give it to Larsa. You know, a surprise."

"Sorry we didn't tell you."

"The Feol viera. They dwell in Roda Volcano - in Bervenia."

"Thank you. This will no doubt prove a vital discovery."

It just warms my heart to see these 12 year old kids bonding over the discovery of a volcano.

Roda Volcano wasn't a location that was in the original FFXII, however it's not a new location to Ivalice. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance also featured a Roda Volcano, which is significant for having a Totema (boss) battle.

Now we can travel to the Sky Saloon, and Filo has a new memento for us.

Soundtrack: Airship 2 (Secret Practice)

This one is for completing 70% of the missions in the game.

With our new décor hung up, it's time to return to the most groan-worthy subplot of the game.

"A gentleman never kisses and tells."

"Especially when there's nothing to tell."

"That does make it easier, doesn't it?"

"She was out of your league. You gotta be realistic about these things."

"What about Queen Ashe?"

"I'd stick to keeping bar."

"A good streetear knows when to talk and when to listen. I think I've done enough talking for awhile."

"It was a nice idea, giving you that map."

"In truth, though I was happy for the information provided, I was happier still for the gesture. I'd like to return the favour."

That's a nice idea Larsa, but what does an emperor have to give to a couple of orphans from Lowtown?

"Don't get too caught up worrying about it. They're your friends now, too."

"I wonder what secrets to the Judge of Wings's past wait for us in the village."

"Whatever he is, he cannot be a being like the Occuria."

I know some of you had a theory about Feolthanos that went like this, so... you're wrong. Basch said so. Yeah.

"You should know there's no such thing as an ordinary treasure."

"Hmph. It wouldn't have killed you to tell me!"

"But you are so blissful in your ignorance. Besides, it hasn't stopped you from making a fine captain."

"Was that an insult or a compliment?"

Balthier hasn't learned his lesson from the time Vaan decked him, good.

"The Cache of Glabados was the key to the Gilgamesh. So the Gilgamesh is in turn the key to the eternal. I haven't lost you again, have I?"

"The Feol viera kept themselves far from hume and viera alike."

"It's hard to keep up an appetite in the middle of all this fighting."

"Speak for yourself. I don't wanna go charging into battle on an empty stomach."

"Maybe Tomaj knows where we can find something for a nice meal. You should check the notice board."

"That's a good idea. I'll give it a look."

I really though I was done with all the side missions for this chapter. Doesn't matter though, we can just squeeze this mission into the update!

- Comfort Food: It's been a long, hard fight, but moping about won't do you any good! Straight from my ears to yours: fresh foodstuffs in Arda! You owe it to yourself!

Soundtrack: Pleasant Conversation (Clan Headquarters)

"Nothing comes between a sky pirate and his dinner. Tonight we earn our meal."

"Better I lend a hand and it be done with quickly, so we can attend to more pressing matters."

What more pressing matters? It's not like we've found the Judge of Wings inside a volcano and should be chasing after her right this second.

- Objective: Gather the foodstuffs! At least one ally must survive. -

This is an easy battle. Bringing Balthier, because he said he'd lend a hand didn't he? Bringing Ashe, to level her up. And everyone else is everyone is lets do this.

Soundtrack: Field 5 - Battle 5 (Challenging the Empire)

If you equip Vaan with the sprint shoes, or forget to un-equip them, sometimes it's a liability, as he can move too far away from the group and become vulnerable.

Sometimes, the AI is just bad. Vaan gets 'stuck' on these enemies for a while, but navigates past them eventually.

You don't even have to kill everything, you can just nab the eggs and be done.

A logbook entry a while back mentioned Yarhi don't make good food, as they vanish after they're defeated. Normally it would be more fun to kill everything, but we're hungry lazy sky pirates today.

This isn't even a mission I was late to do, it's just so simple it's not interesting. Don't feel bad I skipped over a lot of it, there wasn't much to see.

Soundtrack: Balthier's Theme (Destiny)

"I daresay Vaan regards these errands more highly than most."

"He does have trouble keeping his priorities straight."

"Right. Thanks, Balthier."

Lets go see how Penelo's doing at her cafe after all that.

Soundtrack: Airship 2 (Secret Practice)

"I've gotta hand it to you, Penelo, it really has. Even Kytes and Filo are cleaning their plates. I don't know what you did to those eggs we found in the mountains, but they were fantastic."

"He wouldn't touch it, huh?"

"For all his sophistication, he is in many ways still a child."

"Actually, that makes a lot of sense. He definitely likes things his way."

"You have come to know him well."

Next time it's out of the frypan, into the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread