Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #9: Savagery

New Folio entries:

Summoning Gates
  • History: To battle the many wild and unbound Yarhi they encountered, the ancient aegyl harnessed the Yarhi themselves. They called forth these Yarhi using sacred stones known as auracite. The portals through which they enter our world are summoning gates, doorways to the World of Illusion.
  • Lore: Lift up auracite and offer prayer. To the faithful shall I send armies of Yarhi that will pour forth as a great flood to down their enemies.
    - The Canon, Book of Calling, Canto III

Auracite
  • A variety of magicite -- a substance with which the reader is no doubt familiar -- peculiar to Lemurés. Auracite is but a small fragment of the much larger auraliths, of which there are three. These feature prominently in the lore and history of Lemurés.
  • Lore: Three auraliths have I sent upon this land. Protect them and the Stones they bear. For all auracite is born of the auraliths, and it is through these Stones I grant my power unto you.
    - The Canon, Book of Stones, Canto XII

Feolthanos the Eternal
  • God of the aegyl, said to have led them to Lemurés and then used the power of the auraliths to erect the great barrier that had stood for so many thousands of years. The aegyl believe he watches over them even now, inviolate before Time's ravages.
  • Lore: Know that my name is Feolthanos, He who laid open this land of Lemurés for you, My followers and people, the aegyl. Know that I ever stand above you, delivering you from harm. For I am the Undying, the Eternal.
    —The Canon, Book of Origins, Canto I

New Log Entry:

Log Check
  • I'm sure you'll do fine on your own, Kytes. Llyud, this log is for the entire crew, which you're now a member of, so write something when you have the time. That goes for you too, Vaan. Don't tell me you're too busy captaining to scribble something down!
    - Penelo

To the west, we've got a new area open! We'll head off there in a second, but first, let's... well, you know the drill.

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

"Could be bad for your health, aye."

"No, we're just taking a little break is all."

"Phew! I was gettin' worried."

"Don't forget what Penelo told you. There's more to all this than finding treasure."

"Right, right."

"What are you up to this time, Tomaj?"

"I'm hurt, Vaan. When have I ever been anything but a valued ally?"

"He dwells in the Keep of Forgotten Time. It lies in darkness, in a place not even our wings can reach."

"The Cache, Lemurés...they all have a connection with the eternal. Maybe she's looking for eternal life."

"Is that even possible? This talk about the Judge of Wings has me worried. Be careful, okay, Vaan?"

"-- (pant) I can't keep it all straight!"

"Sounds like you've got it down better than I do."

"You really think so? I don't know..."

With the Kisne Rise open, we can now land on Tormelados, Isle of the Megalith. Getting close to the landing point triggers a cutscene.

"What's the matter, Vaan?"

"Aren't you coming?"

"While we're busy here, what's to say some other sky pirates aren't off causing trouble somewhere?"

"That's actually a good point, Vaan. But we can't exactly be in two places at the same time."

Soundtrack: Shop Menu (Rabanastre Downtown)

"All right, let's get going!"

Soundtrack: World Map (Cerobi Steppe)

The notice board can wait for now. We've got a new button for Tomaj on the world map, but let's check out the Kisne Rise.

- Savagery: The Gilgamesh drops anchor at the Isle of the Megalith to stop the Judge of Wings from reaching to auralith, only to find a sky pirate attack already underway -

Soundtrack: Field 2 - Battle 2(State of Urgency)

"We're too late..."

"Not too late to help!"

- Objective: Defeat all enemy leaders. All aegyl must survive. At least one ally must survive. -

The aegyl are yellow arrows on the world map, naturally. Penelo will heal aegyl in trouble, like she'd heal anyone else, so if you're ever worried about an aegyl dying it's Penelo to the rescue!

After defeating the sky pirate badgering an Aegyl, they'll fly to the entrance point of the arena. Once they're back, they'll be officially saved, and they'll thank you and vanish.

The aegyl here won't take damage before your party approaches and they say their blurb. This is the last aegyl we'll get to, but he won't be hurt a hitpoint until we get close. Don't worry.

We should be rescuing aegyl in the order Vaan counted them in the prior cutscene, so our party kinda zigzags around the field. We're going to capture a summoning gate here, so don't forget to queue some new summons after it's captured.

Looks like I forgot to kill a goblin, and it chased this aegyl all the way back. Aww. The aegyl are fast, have a lot of HP, and it's pretty forgiving.

Kytes learned Bio last battle! Bio takes a bit longer to recharge than Firaga and Blizzara, and it doesn't do direct damage, but it adds the poison status ailment to your foes. Poison takes away 2% of an afflicted character's max HP per second, for 10 seconds. So I guess you could say that's 20% of foe's Max HP damaged away by Bio! That's not bad!

(The exclamation point's colour mucked up in the GIF, it's still meant to be red. My bad.)

Even though this seeq comes out of nowhere and intercepts this fleeing aegyl, he's slow, and the aegyl is fast so he shouldn't die. The seeq will be distracted by your party when they approach, so he's not too dangerous, but after he appears taking him out should still be priority #1.

Trying to solo these guys with Filo was dumb. Llyud's revive to the rescue. By the way, Llyud has a new ability, called Lancet. Activating Lancet will give Llyud's regular attacks a HP draining property for 20 seconds. Handy for recovering from using a Revive! Or just recovering in general, really. He drains 80% of the damage he inflicts with Lancet active, but there's an accessory you can get later which will change it to 100%

Lancet has a 40 second recharge time, which is very long. But it's effects last for 20 seconds, so it's effectively 20 seconds of recharge after it wears off.

Well, just gotta kill this last guy and...

Bonus: Aegyl death reel.

You fail the mission if even one aegyl dies, so I took these with screenshots with save states. A game over doesn't mean your game is over, you still get a few experience points from the battle you lost, and the option to retry or go back to the airship.

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village)

"And that's where the auralith is."

"You don't understand the kind of people we're dealing with here. All they care about is getting what they want. To them, it doesn't matter if people get hurt doing it."

"Why don't we let them on the airship to stay safe? Who knows if they'll get attacked again. Besides, there's plenty of room."

"That's a great idea."

"The ship's as much yours as it is ours. Maybe it'll give Penelo someone else to mother for a change."

Hey, I just remembered I haven't shown Llyud's official art yet either. Here you go!

Next time, let's see what Tomaj has got for us on his notice board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread