Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Azure_Horizon posted:

Director: Motomu Toriyama

... I can see now why people have a problem with this game.

That surprises me. For the problems on both gameplay and plot the game has, being utterly incoherent and nothing making sense without an in-game guide and a couple FAQs wasn't one of them. It's on the generic side definitely, but the scope of the game is firmly on Vaan and Panelo as characters and it does an adequate (if not terribly interesting) job of it.

Curious what people will make of it going forward. Planning to show off 100% completion? I took a few stabs at the end/post game sidequests and concluded it wasn't happening, but I'm pretty bad with RTS so maybe you'll have better luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Schwartzcough posted:

So you said you can only set a gambit for characters to use one of their moves? Well I guess that'd certainly keep you busy manually telling everyone to do their other moves every few seconds, but I'm guessing it just boils down to never using a lot of these moves.

Yeah, after a point in the game it largely became setting up the rest of the party with strong enough support to live while I manually chain-cast Kytes' entire spell list. The recharge works out such that you can cast them one after another more or less indefinitely, and the damage output is pretty crazy. This probably doesn't hold up on the very last optional maps, and there's a couple bastard fights, but yeah.

• Locked thread