Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This game is... not that good. Now keep in mind if we're talking Toriyama you can have much worse games, but I still wouldn't call this fun.

I think my utter dislike for the game is it tries to address a complaint that didn't deserve to be there... also the gameplay is just kind of dull. Which is a shame because Ivalice and FFXII are some of my favorite settings/games. But this didn't need to be a thing and would have been better served remaining its own thing.

That being said, again, this isn't the worst game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gyre posted:

I got near to the end but go bogged down by the sidequests and the realization that the characters are pretty much indistinguishable in gameplay. Sure, some have different skills, but by the midgame I didn't even notice the differences.

ok Amazing, I know you said no story spoilers, but are gameplay ones okay if they don't mention stuff like units we don't have and such?

I'm pretty much the same, I got to the final boss, unlocked the final dungeon and that was it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A Hoverboard?
What.

This is already starting to look spotty.
But I have to admit they translated Rabanastre pretty well to DS.

Yeah. Oh you may actually remember Filo and Kytes. Maybe. Kytes was the utterly unremarkable kid from the early game who utterly disappears into the underground after pretty much the opening cutscene. And Filo is a girl already there who's playing Sky Pirate and makes you play Hide and Seek. Except you never seeked her because you had a billion other things to do.

Well they've got unique portraits and set ups now. And a hover board.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ok Amazing posted:

The hoverboard isn't so bad. In a world with airships and other hovercraft, it's not even that unlikely. I guess it stands out because Filo is the only one who uses them in Ivalice, ever. It also becomes really useful, so maybe it's usefulness won me over.

It's not so much the hoverboard since this is Ivalice's Golden Age (well it's dying Golden Age since they kinda screwed up the world in XII with the whole "History back in the hands of man" thing) it's the fact the hoverboard is the weapon.

Kytes can use magic? Okay... little weird because he has no character in the original game but Okay. Filo flies around on a hoverboard? Why? I guess Vaan brought it for her since "Caring for the orphans" is pretty much is M.O. But why does she attack with it? It's not like FFXII was hurting for weapon types.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I support the Gilgasmesh

• Locked thread