Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Jamsta posted:

It's Y'Allah, isn't it? Screaming for God to put a decent drink in their hands

I keep thinking its Yelena!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Scott Bakula posted:

Does the TV you want to output to support DVI/VGA? You can run it through that you just don't get sound outputting through the TV

I will investigate this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also it's worth noting that many TVs have separate audio inputs for DVI and VGA inputs. My last three TVs did, at least. The idea is that since they're for connecting computers, you'll probably need a separate audio hookup and can just get sound from the headphone plug.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Jamsta posted:

It's Y'Allah, isn't it? Screaming for God to put a decent drink in their hands

Yallah is arabic for let's go you cretin.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does AJ show the bundesliga? I don't get goltv.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

kri kri posted:

Does AJ show the bundesliga? I don't get goltv.

Not this season. Starting 2014-2015 season.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Looks like Hola's Egypt proxy is not responding at the moment. Anyone else with this problem?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Heads up, Al-Jazeera Sports might be doing something about overseas watchers. Overplay has been giving geoblocked errors all day long and a guy from a Finnish website just tried to get his "login attempts exceeded" account unlocked, and was given a questionnaire with questions about his location and IP.

So if your subscription is on the verge of ending, maybe stop the automatic renewal and wait for a few days to see where this goes.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I just got a geoblocked error. Oh well, I think mine was up tomorrow.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its possibly just Hola unblocker being poo poo, I can't get on the fast version of US netflix through it either

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Scott Bakula posted:

Its possibly just Hola unblocker being poo poo, I can't get on the fast version of US netflix through it either

Nah, the problem is with Overplay, a paid SmartDNS provider. Hola works fine still.

EDIT:

But yeah the big thing is that a guy who had his account locked for excessive logins (which happens a lot with AJS) got this questionnaire when he asked them to unlock it:

AJS posted:

Hi,
Thank you for your email

1- What is your geographic location?
2- Please send us your IP address,the following link will allow you to find out your IP address. whatismyipaddress.com
3- Please provide us with snapshots of your IP address.
4- What is the town and zip code or post code on the credit card, debit card or PayPal account used to pay for our service?
5- Can you please give me a telephone number which I can call you on to follow up with?
6- Are you using any VPN system?
7- Please provide us with snapshots over the problem you are facing.

Sounds like they're cracking down, so seriously if your month is up, hold off for a few days and see if this is just temporary or the end of the ride.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 14, 2013

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Der Shovel posted:

Nah, the problem is with Overplay, a paid SmartDNS provider. Hola works fine still.

I was using hola. Must've done something wrong. Oh well,I went to the pub instead so win win.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Von Linus posted:

I was using hola. Must've done something wrong. Oh well,I went to the pub instead so win win.

Well, poo poo. That doesn't bode well. For what it's worth, Overplay is giving me a geoblock error at the moment, but Hola works. Watched the United game with it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Can't watch the game on tv?

Is pirating copyrighted content against your moral mode (lol) but your teams playing a 3pm?

Don't want to fund jihadists in Syria?

Well my friends the humble wireless is your solution

The two radio stations that do most of the football in the uk are talksport and the British Broadcasting Corporation's radio 5. BBC London frequently cover games of clubs based there. I'm a big fan of following games on the radio, the commentary is superior to TV imo and the fact they have to tell you what's going on means they don't end up filling time with useless statistics.

Plan of the pitch of the first game broadcast on radio. This was published in the radio times before hand so listeners could follow where the ball was as commentators would call out numbers as they went along. The game finished 1-1 and is the origin of the phrase "back to square one"

Although streams are getting better it's still not the same as watching it on tv with all the delays you get and poor quality if there's a bigger game on and I often prefer sticking the radio on and listening while powering through the ironing and a plate of hob nobs. Or if you're at work watching often isn't an option at all. If there's gently caress all happening with the featured game you'll be kept informed of what's going on in the other games.

Once the actual games are done you have the joy of 606 where football fans call in to discuss the days football. There's a fair few fake callers but it's often hilarious, particularly if England's just lost.

How to listen
Well obviously with a radio if you're in the UK, 5live is on 693 and 909khz AM. If you've got a digital radio all the better because then you can listen in miles better quality and get 5live extra. All the stations can be listened to online or through your smartphone, I use TuneIn radio.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Currently watching Spurs on Al Jizzy via Hola. Touch wood, it's working still.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Signed up for the first time today having not bothered to read page 2.

So far, no problems however.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
Annoying that I can't use this with an iPad now, hopefully overplay get it sorted

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Overplay have confirmed to some people that AJS have blocked them, but they're trying to work their way around it. And of course my monthly renewal went through yesterday...

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Im hitting unsubscribe just as soon as we lose to Everton.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Oh hey just got back from vacation yesterday and noticed AT&T added some BeIN sports channels.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Got in to watch the Real Madrid game on Al J, and the Eygpt proxy isn't responding.

Overloaded I guess?

e: and after a few reloads, I can connect now!

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 14, 2013

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I got geoblocked :negative:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Welp it was bound to come crashing down at some point lads

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

why couldn't they just blindly take my money? I really wanted to not have to use a lovely stream for mayweather canelo :(

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Oh hey just got back from vacation yesterday and noticed AT&T added some BeIN sports channels.

I've been thoroughly unimpressed by BeIn so far. QPR-Leeds was the televised early kickoff in the Championship a few weeks ago, but instead of showing it live, they showed informercials and then aired a 30 minute version of the match 7 hours later. I don't really watch La Liga or anything else they carry so I can't really speak to it but the whole production seems pretty crap.

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 15, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Overplay answered my support question and said the issue is now fixed. I haven't had a chance to try for myself yet, but apparently they haven't given up at least.

Also here's a tip someone at another forum figured out: if you're getting constant buffering and drops to lower framerates, rewind the broadcast about a minute and keep watching. I tried it and I'm getting full HD constantly now without any drops to toilet vision.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And the fuckery continues. Can't even access the website with either Hola or Overplay active, but it responds immediately without them.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can you try a VPN like Hidemyass or something

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Der Shovel posted:

And the fuckery continues. Can't even access the website with either Hola or Overplay active, but it responds immediately without them.

The Hola proxy is not really stable but I'd guess Overplay is simply a lovely VPN (if that's what you're paying for).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tetsman posted:

The Hola proxy is not really stable but I'd guess Overplay is simply a lovely VPN (if that's what you're paying for).

Overplay do offer a VPN service, but I use them for a SmartDNS solution. They are a bit poo poo to be honest, I used Unblock Us for 9 months without any problems but they don't offer proxy servers in the middle east so I can't watch AJS through them. Might go back to just using Hola and paying for Unblock Us, getting a bit sick of paying for poo poo that doesn't work.

Also panic over, AJS is responding with Hola enabled again. This has been a weekend of thrills and spills.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
https://www.vpnsecure.me/servers/egypt-vpn/ have a ping test for their Egypt server so it might be worth checking, but I wouldn't know if their service is any good.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I've been using Al-Jazeera with Hola and I haven't had any issues. Could the source of the issue be something else perhaps?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It was dropping out constantly for me the other night during United vs Palace, but that turned out to be my lovely wifi playing up.

Is anyone else able to see catch-up highlights for Premier League games? Normally they've been fairly prompt about uploading them but I still haven't seen any of Saturday's games go up yet.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Machinegunboyo posted:

I've been using Al-Jazeera with Hola and I haven't had any issues. Could the source of the issue be something else perhaps?

I got a message saying I was geoblocked yesterday, but I only had to refresh the site a few times before it started working again.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

webmeister posted:

Is anyone else able to see catch-up highlights for Premier League games? Normally they've been fairly prompt about uploading them but I still haven't seen any of Saturday's games go up yet.

Never mind this, it's all shown up today. The uploader must have been on holidays or something.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
loving hell lads I don't think I can go back to lovely flash streams, don't scare me.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Hola was hurting bad for the Arsenal Marseilles game tonight. I've ended up laying down $10 for overplay. It's working fine just on the smart dns at the moment though, so that might cut it down to $5.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
It's not worth the VPN because that means you are limited to the VPNs speed. Smart DNS lets you stream at your connections speed, subject to the limit from AJS to you of course.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, unless you're afraid of the law cracking down on you or you absolutely need one, you generally don't want to use a VPN for these kinds of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Anyone have any luck with AJS tonight? I'm getting geoblocked on both Hola and Overplay.

• Locked thread