Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Der Shovel posted:

Anyone have any luck with AJS tonight? I'm getting geoblocked on both Hola and Overplay.

Ditto...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Geoblocked here too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

People are talking about it on the Unblock Us forums and apparently AJS have changed servers and none of the DNS servers have been updated to reflect this yet. So apparently this is a solution the DNS providers can solve.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 19, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Der Shovel posted:

People are talking about it on the Unblock Us forums and apparently they've changed servers and none of the DNS servers have been updated to reflect this yet. So apparently this is a solution the DNS providers can solve.

Yeah I read something there and it looks like the only feasible option is going the VPN route, at least for now.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can't you use a VPN just to authenticate and then shut it off and stream to your local connection at full speed? I do this with NFL and it works like a treat.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I think so but I don't have access to an Egyptian VPN.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Also, despite the geoblocked error, I can still access recorded matches and all. Eh.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

tetsman posted:

I think so but I don't have access to an Egyptian VPN.

This place does http://www.vpnoneclick.com/ and its free

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

That place looks shonky as gently caress. Are they legit?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jamsta posted:

That place looks shonky as gently caress. Are they legit?

Works fine on ipad, but I'm not a computer expert.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Overplay (supposedly) weighs in on the subject.

Overplay posted:

There are no safeguards and there are unlikely to be any cast-iron solutions from our side. Al Jazeera have been aggressively blocking access to their service - as they're well within their rights to do - and at present the site remains incompatible with SmartDNS.

We're monitoring and staying appraised of the situation, but that is all for the present time.

So like I've repeatedly said, if your month is coming to an end, put your subscription on hold through Paypal or whatever and see where this goes.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently Overplay have confirmed to some people that AJS have blocked them, but they're trying to work their way around it. And of course my monthly renewal went through yesterday...

loving hell, same with mine :(

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I'm seriously gutted, even more so now that I'm listening to Owen's custard filled mouth

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

Confirming that mine is blocked via Hola as well. I would happily throw money at this problem to make it go away.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Is this Hola thing spyware?

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

CisSTAR 19 posted:

Is this Hola thing spyware?

662,512 users on the Chrome app store

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I use it to get US/UK Netflix, its pretty sweet

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hardflip posted:

662,512 users on the Chrome app store
they're all spies.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Long John Power posted:

Confirming that mine is blocked via Hola as well. I would happily throw money at this problem to make it go away.

Well you can, it's working right now via Overplay. They have been getting blocked regularly as well but have made it work so far. No guarantees they can keep doing that, though, but it costs $4,99 a month so no big loss.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

My Aljaz account won't let me log in anymore so I would have to sub for that again. At the moment I am looking into a VPS in egypt, for a longer term solution. Can't imagine that ending well!

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Der Shovel posted:

Well you can, it's working right now via Overplay. They have been getting blocked regularly as well but have made it work so far. No guarantees they can keep doing that, though, but it costs $4,99 a month so no big loss.

Do I sign up for Global VPN + SmartDNS or just SmartDNS?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Homura posted:

Do I sign up for Global VPN + SmartDNS or just SmartDNS?

SmartDNS is enough, normally.

Long John Power posted:

My Aljaz account won't let me log in anymore so I would have to sub for that again. At the moment I am looking into a VPS in egypt, for a longer term solution. Can't imagine that ending well!

Overplay offer that as well. $9,99 a month I believe.

EDIT: apparently Overplay don't work anymore again. I'm still watching Norwich - Villa, but apparently if you try to refresh the stream or change channels you get geoblocked.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 21, 2013

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

Der Shovel posted:

Overplay offer that as well. $9,99 a month I believe.

My logic was if I get my own server with a unique IP they will never be able to block it.

It must be easy for them to watch a load of suspect accounts move to use another service, then they just block that service.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Long John Power posted:

My logic was if I get my own server with a unique IP they will never be able to block it.

Right, that's definitely true.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Long John Power posted:

It must be easy for them to watch a load of suspect accounts move to use another service, then they just block that service.

I had a very brief look into a cheap Egypt/Arabian virtual server or linux account with bandwidth.

Not come up with anything cheap yet - have you seen anything worthwhile?

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

Jamsta posted:

I had a very brief look into a cheap Egypt/Arabian virtual server or linux account with bandwidth.

Not come up with anything cheap yet - have you seen anything worthwhile?

http://citynethost.com/vps.asp - That is the best I came up with.

Der Shovel posted:

Right, that's definitely true.

Well obviously they can block it, but more chance of staying off their radar!

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Long John Power posted:

http://citynethost.com/vps.asp - That is the best I came up with.

Well obviously they can block it, but more chance of staying off their radar!

That's interesting, they do cheap PHP shared servers at $2.95 a month for 50gb data.

I'm going to see if they allow http://sourceforge.net/projects/phproxy-plus/ to be installed - which is good enough to make a private proxy.

Edit: their T&C's state:

quote:

D. Sending unsolicited email (spamming), open proxies, P2P torrents servers, using Internet Relay Chat (IRC) bots / clients / servers / bouncers is prohibited. Flooding, cloning, spoofing, harassment, or otherwise hindering the ability of others to properly use IRC is prohibited. Impresonating other users, advertising, and spamming via IRC is prohibited. IRC services which are serving as a command and control channels for bots are prohibited.

No mention of private proxies.

edit2:

Just tried the proxy on my raspberry pi, and the flash object wont load. dang. looks like something more substantial is needed.

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 21, 2013

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

I don't think PHPproxy has what you need, from what I remember it wouldn't even work with Youtube videos and it will most likely be too slow to get any sort of quality out of.

I think the winner is trying to mirror Hola's setup.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Long John Power posted:

I don't think PHPproxy has what you need, from what I remember it wouldn't even work with Youtube videos and it will most likely be too slow to get any sort of quality out of.

I think the winner is trying to mirror Hola's setup.

Confirmed :) Cheers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wrong thread

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Why you gotta do this Al Jazeera? Why you not gonna take my money on the sly? A shame it's come crashing down on Hola, was really enjoying the service.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I might check these guys' 2 days PPTP VPN access for $2 when I can, btu if someone else tries it please report back here.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

tetsman posted:

I might check these guys' 2 days PPTP VPN access for $2 when I can, btu if someone else tries it please report back here.

I tried a similar trial with PureVPN yesterday, and the streaming was pants.

For $2 it's worth a try - let us know how you get on.

Machinegunboyo posted:

Why you gotta do this Al Jazeera? Why you not gonna take my money on the sly? A shame it's come crashing down on Hola, was really enjoying the service.

Agreed, it's the best sports streaming site for the money. That's why I'm putting so much effort into getting it back.

Sky and BT in the UK don't compare. You pay 4 x the price for a bunch of extra services and less games coverage.

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 21, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Machinegunboyo posted:

Apparently loads of bars have been just blatantly streaming AJS matches to their patrons, which is just inviting so much trouble.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Acestream and Streamtorrent never work for me ever.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If you get a VPS in Egypt that's running Linux, you just need to ssh to it with dynamic port forwarding enabled then tell your browser to use 127.0.0.1 as a socks proxy, problem solved.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Ninpo posted:

If you get a VPS in Egypt that's running Linux, you just need to ssh to it with dynamic port forwarding enabled then tell your browser to use 127.0.0.1 as a socks proxy, problem solved.

Sure, but it's $40/month for a VPS compared to a $3/month shared PHP server.

I've seen Socks via HTTP, but that wont run on PHP.

I've not found Socks via PHP script yet, possibly because it's not practical to service socks from a PHP script?

Think I'm gonna make an SHSC thread on this, rather than clutter up this thread with technobabble.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jamsta posted:

Sure, but it's $40/month for a VPS compared to a $3/month shared PHP server.

I've seen Socks via HTTP, but that wont run on PHP.

I've not found Socks via PHP script yet, possibly because it's not practical to service socks from a PHP script?

Think I'm gonna make an SHSC thread on this, rather than clutter up this thread with technobabble.

A Linux Lite VPS on that link http://citynethost.com/vps.asp is $14. You literally just need something you can ssh to with enough bandwidth to carry the video.

No, PHP isn't really practical to be used as a proxy anything. I'm not convinced this conversation is necessarily "clutter" if it means people in the forum can keep watching football they otherwise wouldn't be able to watch outside of unreliable flash streams/sopcast.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Has anyone tried my suggestion with the VPN and then switching it off once video plays. I bet it works. I personally dont need to use it as I live in a kickass country where we get every game streamed for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Dudley posted:

Acestream and Streamtorrent never work for me ever.

I came in to bitch about this too because I just started using Acestream and it sucked. Sopcast was working today but it seems all the good streams are Acestream these days.

Any way to make it quit buffering constantly?

• Locked thread