Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
I got to see Rush live in London, during the Roll the Bones tour (Primus was the opening act, as well). Still one of my favorite shows of all time, and Rush is still one of my favorite bands. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Boner Calhoun posted:

You all may look at me funny but I really like Power Windows. Yeah the '80s synths are cheesy as hell but I don't mind them, and there's some good songs on that one. Mystic Rhythms is the poo poo!

You'll get no funny looks from me, I really dig 80's synths Rush too. :hfive:

Also, another fond Rush memory: when I was going thru USAF police training in the early 1990s, I bought a "greatest hits of rock"-type compilation tape that had (among other stuff) a Rush song on it. As a result, whenever I hear "New World Man", it never fails to instantly transport me back to my (relatively) carefree SP training days at Lackland AFB, when I was fresh out of basic and the world was still my oyster. :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I'm a big Rush fan since the Moving Picture days and have probably seen them about nine times or so, beginning with their Signals tour when Golden Earring opened for them. I passed on the last tour (Time Machine) because ticket prices were completely ridiculous.

I'm glad that Rush is getting a second wind, because they had some lean years there (Counterparts is a terrible album), but whattayaknow, twenty years after that release, they put out some of their best music with Clockwork Angels.

I listened to Clockwork Angels just a little while ago, and I agree, it's definitely up there with their best stuff.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
This is a particularly amusing/frustrating debate to me, because I actually saw Rush live during the tour for the Roll the Bones album, back when it was released...and yet I'm goddamned if I remember whether Geddy actually did the rap live, or if even back then they'd just decided to use a recording of it during the show. :smith:

• Locked thread