Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I think you need one CG controller per 4 zombies, not fully au fait with all the rules for taking them. Are they linked with the controller or is it just like hackers w/remotes, you need one to take them? ISS are an awesome army though, cool tactics, great models, I was very tempted to start playing them.

Here is my 2 gecko list:
JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 0

GECKO 2 Combi Rifles, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / . (1 | 54)
GECKO PILOT Pistol, Knife.
GECKO Mk12, Chain-colt, Blitzen / . (1.5 | 55)
TSYKLON Spitfire, Marker / Electric Pulse. (1 | 37)
WILDCAT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

The tsyklon can be directly swapped for an adhl intruder if desired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gobbledygoat posted:

REMs also have the advantage of being really really cute :3:

I love my GML with 2 FO auxilia/auxbots. Nothing is safe :cool: Then I can get a peacemaker and a guarda de assaulto and have maximum auxbot action.

I just really love auxbots.

I took a total reaction plasma rifle drone in my game this week without really even thinking about it. When I suddenly realized what I had sitting in my back line for 30 points something in my head just sorta popped a little bit.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Genghis Cohen: Just like the hacker, but the KSCDCG must be in the same group as the zombies.

Speaking of zombies...

IMPERIAL SERVICE

GROUP 1 3 0 0

HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (60)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
Yaókòng HÙSÒNG HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)

GROUP 2 10 0 6

CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (5)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)
Yaókòng HÙSÒNG HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)

7 SWC | 296 Points

Open with Army 4

(Hsien LT is -1 SWC that list is legit)

VVV: Yeah, getting real tired of the DT bullshit, but Aleph Toolbox doesn't print PDFs for some reason. Also clunky.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 7, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Unf. That looks fun.

I was literally able to rebuild that list in the Aleph Toolbox in half the time it took Army 4 to load it. Yeesh.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Alright fellow Infinity Goons, I need some advice...

I do a bit of minor distribution in my area so I have access to gaming stuff at a less than retail price, so as I make orders I order myself a few things here and there, and squirrel it away in my storage room (That way I am not discouraged while painting).

I was reading through this thread and was thinking about some builds when I decided I should get out all my Infinity just to see what I have (I lost track) I... I think this was a mistake... :bang:

First up, not too bad some Yu Jing, and Tohaa.

Next about the same but we have Ariadna, CA, and Mercenaries.

Now we have Nomads and Haqq, this pile is getting pretty large.

Well, alright then, lets look at the Aleph.

And now, the worse, PanO, aw gently caress...

Now here comes the part where I need some advise, where the hell should I start? I was thinking Tohaa, as they are the newest they have the fewest figures (I have all of them so far). I obviously have the most PanO and I think I have at least one of everything from that faction, but god drat, that's a lot to paint.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to play the game yet, I've read the rules and such but I only recently got a couple of my friends to commit, and they are playing Yu Jing, ALEPH, and Haqq.

Anyway so yeah, any thoughts would be great.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 7, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What do you want to do? Play, paint your whole collection, or what? As much as I hate their fluff and look, I'd recommend PanO. Tohaa are quite different and may be harder to grasp as the first faction, before you even know what you're doing. PanO play a good straightforward game and will offer you many different looks (urban, jungle, hi-tech, mechanical) for when you get bored of painting one particular scheme. And you get to paint awesome TAGs.

Make a 150pt list, play it, if it's OK paint it, play a few more games, make a 200pt list, paint the new things, play a few times, and so on.

And thanks for making me get off my rear end and paint something before my collection looks like yours :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 7, 2013

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

LumberingTroll posted:

Alright fellow Infinity Goons, I need some advice...

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD.

Edit: I agree with the previous post.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 7, 2013

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The first step is to admit that you have a very real problem.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Corbeau posted:

The first step is to admit that you have a very real problem.

Its only a problem if it affects my life (Which it doesn't)

Thanks for the advise guys, if anyone has more I welcome it.

Can someone give me a good starting PanO list? Starting at 150 and then growing from there? I know we are going to start at 150 but I don't know how quickly we should escalate.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Find three friends is my advice. :stare:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

LumberingTroll posted:

Can someone give me a good starting PanO list? Starting at 150 and then growing from there? I know we are going to start at 150 but I don't know how quickly we should escalate.

Flipswitch is the man for the task! I know that the Cutter and Kamau hacker are a power combo.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Yeah uh so if you look at that Pan O pile ever and are like "hrm i really don't need this box/blister" you could just send it my way, that's a way to deal with it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Starter PanO box I recommend a lot because it owns bones is:

PANOCEANIA

GROUP 1 7 0 0

FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (14)
AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse.
BAGH-MARI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (18)
NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
KNIGHT OF SANTIAGO Spitfire, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1.5 | 51)

3 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

You can change the Bagh-Mari around for anything you like the look of, but the Santiago and Nisse are horrific at that point scale and showcase exactly what PanO does well.

That PanO collection really makes me wish I never sold most of mine off though, I only have about 12 minis left for PanO. :( I need to rebuy it all.

I'll have a play around at work and see if I can come up with any cooler starting lists though, Bagh-Mari are a bit tame in vanilla PanO.

For expanding point wise, do it as you feel comfortable, the worst is what a few of the guys did in our area at first which was expand to 250 very quickly and realise they didn't have the knowledge for each ARO scenario and simultaneous effects and it completely threw them.

dexefiend posted:

Flipswitch is the man for the task! I know that the Cutter and Kamau hacker are a power combo.
Yeah for a while in my tournament lists, these were the first two things I'd add, followed by either Aquila or Nisse HMG, Auxilia and Fusiliers because a lot of people do not know how to deal with TAG Shock and the Cutter is probably the worst of them all to face if unprepared.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

I've played a few games now and it's gotten to the point where I find it uncomfortable going back to WH40K and its lack of AROs. I'm ready to start transitioning off of Spess Mehren proxies for my Haqq army now that I know I'm going to stick with it, but I find myself using Kaplan Tactical Services just for access to the multi-sniper and I doubt I'd find a use for the rest of the box. This may be a long shot, but does anybody have just the multi-sniper model they're looking to get rid of? Alternatively, is anybody else looking for the rest of the models besides the multi-sniper?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Carrying on from the conversation about horde lists earlier, I really think that a 2 combat group ISS list, where the second group is just 8 kuang shi + 1-2 cg controllers would just be nasty.

Lumbering Troll, you do have a problem. Send me the Nomads Mobile Brigada from the starter box, and all your PanO remotes, and you will be HEALED! PRAISE THE LORD!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kosmonaut posted:

I've played a few games now and it's gotten to the point where I find it uncomfortable going back to WH40K and its lack of AROs. I'm ready to start transitioning off of Spess Mehren proxies for my Haqq army now that I know I'm going to stick with it, but I find myself using Kaplan Tactical Services just for access to the multi-sniper and I doubt I'd find a use for the rest of the box. This may be a long shot, but does anybody have just the multi-sniper model they're looking to get rid of? Alternatively, is anybody else looking for the rest of the models besides the multi-sniper?
Official forum, ChoKonnit, split box thread. Alternatively, go buy any Kaplan that's not popular and an Aleph/Yu Jing Spec Ops MSR (because the PanO one looks horrible).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

LumberingTroll posted:

Now we have Nomads and Haqq, this pile is getting pretty large.

You don't have enough Naffatun, buy more Naffatun. :flame:

Counts as TAG?

(it's a new Warzone mech from Prodos Games)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looks good.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Official forum, ChoKonnit, split box thread. Alternatively, go buy any Kaplan that's not popular and an Aleph/Yu Jing Spec Ops MSR (because the PanO one looks horrible).

Thanks for the tip, I'm guessing the latter solution is going to involve a hobby saw?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I'm still pretty new at this but looking at the collection of models I own I've put together this 300 point list. I can't think of a way of getting it closer to 300 without going over SWC or having to start another group - the only possible option seems to be upgrading the Dakinis to medic-bots so I then have 3 medics. Is 3 medics too many or will I be healing the poo poo out of my dudes left right and centre?

quote:

ALEPH

GROUP 1 9 0 1

PROXY Mk.3 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 30)
PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (32)
DEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 35)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (13)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (13)
GARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
PENTHESILEA Combi Rifle, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (46)
MYRMIDON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 32)

6 SWC | 295 Points

Open with Army 4

One other thing - is it likely there will be more Ekdromoi/Thorakitai models put out? The former is only available with a rifle and no other options, while the only way to get the latter is in the Steel Phalanx box.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
@Kosmonaut: Yes. Or a dremel.

Bob Smith posted:

One other thing - is it likely there will be more Ekdromoi/Thorakitai models put out? The former is only available with a rifle and no other options, while the only way to get the latter is in the Steel Phalanx box.
Ekdromoi almost certain (the date is another thing), Thorakitai very possibly, as they are missing the SMG/spitfire options. But get used to the "I can only buy this in a box" feeling :(

Also, 3 paramedics are useless when you have a good Doctor like the Sofo, get another yudbot instead.

VVV: Devabox and Rebots.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 7, 2013

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

LumberingTroll posted:

Anyway so yeah, any thoughts would be great.

Obviously sell me all of your ALEPH.

But on a real note: I need some advice folks.

I first got into this about a year ago. I would randomly play a game here and there in between games of Warmachine(my primary vice).

I love the game and everything about it, even the fan-service sculpts make me laugh. I just have absolutely no idea where to go with my ALEPH starter. I have the generic starter, not the Myrmidon sectorial. And I am simply torn by this great range I have to choose from. I got into ALEPH with the intent of playing a robot army and being all super-cool sci-fi and fancy. But then they have to tell me there are Space Greeks and well now I just don't know.

So I suppose what I am asking is this: What the hell do I look to buy to supplement my ALEPH starter? I really like the look of Posthumans and Proxies. But have no idea how they actually feel on the board.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

@Kosmonaut: Yes. Or a dremel.

Ekdromoi almost certain (the date is another thing), Thorakitai very possibly, as they are missing the SMG/spitfire options. But get used to the "I can only buy this in a box" feeling :(

Also, 3 paramedics are useless when you have a good Doctor like the Sofo, get another yudbot instead.

VVV: Devabox and Rebots.

Adding another Yudbot would take me over 10 models in that list, wouldn't it?

I know when I tried adding a Netrod it said I needed to create another group.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's 10 orders, not 10 models. A Netrod gives an order, a Yudbot is attached to someone else.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

It's 10 orders, not 10 models. A Netrod gives an order, a Yudbot is attached to someone else.

That's useful to know, thanks!

I think my next purchases will be another Yudbot and either the Steel Phalanx box or the Deva box.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Bob Smith posted:

the only possible option seems to be upgrading the Dakinis to medic-bots so I then have 3 medics. Is 3 medics too many or will I be healing the poo poo out of my dudes left right and centre?

Doctors are interesting in infinity. You can get a roll to bring your unconscious model back, yes, but there are some major caveats.
- models can take 2 or more wounds at a time, sending them straight to dead.
- viral ammo, shock ammo and maybe some other stuff sends models straight to dead
- if you have a good doctor on the board or nearby, many opponents will spend another order to just shoot up the prone, unconscious model, so models that are knocked unconscious in the open will often get killed anyway
- This is the big bit. You may not succeed in the roll. This is not like failing a save, you had to spend orders and move position to get into btb and try that roll. And in infinity, orders are the key resource, as much or more so than firepower.
- obviously your opponent may target the doc in his turn, or you may need to use the doc to fight because he is the best-positioned model for a task. So some of the time he will be one of the early casualties. This can be mitigated by positioning in deployment, but nothing is certain in infinity.

So, I often take a doctor if I have spare few points, and/or valuable models - it is obviously more worthwhile to bring back a powerful HI, or repair a TAG (apply all these points to engineers as well) than spend precious orders bringing back some 10pt scrub. But I don't sweat it if one is not included. Maybe half or more of the time when I take one I don't even use my doctor - but the possibility is always there. In a way it is significant just to place 'prone' and 'wound' markers next to a model rather than remove them . . your opponent is aware that they can be brought back and it may affect how he spends his orders. Eg if I spend a few points on a doctor and a cautious opponent spend a few orders over the course of the game machine-gunning unconscious models, it's totally worth it.

Note on specifics: sometimes you can take a doctor as a sort of upgrade to a fighty unit. I take a tomcat doc. Tomcats are the tits and the doc/eng loadouts are actually really points efficient. Haqqislam gets doctor upgrades on tons of poo poo. It is a great skill for models with mobility, or who are part of a link team (so that they'll be moving with your main effort anyway). The objections to doctors I was droning on about, that's more about the conventional 14pt 'line troop + doctor skill' models. If you take any doc/eng, but especially that limited mobility type, try and find a few points for G:Servant remotes. They are a really effective way to solve the orders problem.

loving hell that's a lot of words. Must get out more!

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Genghis Cohen posted:

Haqqislam gets doctor upgrades on tons of poo poo.

As a newbie Haqq player I've taken to buying all my Ghulams as doctors. It's dirt cheap and it ensures I can hit ten orders without taking any models that are only useful as "cheerleaders," plus my unconscious models generally stay relevant unless I've been wiped out to the last man. The other strategy I like so far is keeping Avicenna in cover and giving her multiple drones.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Duderclese posted:

But on a real note: I need some advice folks.

I first got into this about a year ago. I would randomly play a game here and there in between games of Warmachine(my primary vice).

I love the game and everything about it, even the fan-service sculpts make me laugh. I just have absolutely no idea where to go with my ALEPH starter. I have the generic starter, not the Myrmidon sectorial. And I am simply torn by this great range I have to choose from. I got into ALEPH with the intent of playing a robot army and being all super-cool sci-fi and fancy. But then they have to tell me there are Space Greeks and well now I just don't know.

So I suppose what I am asking is this: What the hell do I look to buy to supplement my ALEPH starter? I really like the look of Posthumans and Proxies. But have no idea how they actually feel on the board.

If you wanna go high-concept sci-fi, posthumans, the Marut and a Deva or two are the way to go. They are resilient, highly skilled, have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, but also have an elite-AI feel: a bit less orders, but tons of tech and options. Here's a sample list on that concept.

ALEPH

GROUP 1 9 0 1

MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 122)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
PENTHESILEA Combi Rifle, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (46)
PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

You have a big honking robot with dangerous weapons, backed by a good hacker, a sniper, a biker with killer CC attacks and an engineer/doctor to fix whomever falls. The Marut,Dakini and Mk2 proxy can both punish enemies at longer range to force him closer. It depends a lot on few models to do the killing,as the netrods and Sophotect won't do much, but played well it can be powerful indeed.

If you want to mix it up, you can replace Penthesilea with a few myrms or thorakitai to replace the netrods and gain access to smoke and more nanopulsers.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Sephyr posted:

really helpful:words:

Holy crap. This was perfect, thank you. And the best is that you get precisely where I'm coming from! This is definitely something to build toward. Time to sell some Warmachine!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think you need one CG controller per 4 zombies, not fully au fait with all the rules for taking them. Are they linked with the controller or is it just like hackers w/remotes, you need one to take them? ISS are an awesome army though, cool tactics, great models, I was very tempted to start playing them.

Here is my 2 gecko list:

GROUP 1 10 0 0

TSYKLON Spitfire, Marker / Electric Pulse. (1 | 37)
WILDCAT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

The tsyklon can be directly swapped for an adhl intruder if desired.
I like to think the Alguacil is the work experience boy in this list. Not sure why but it does make me laugh. I tested my dual-Gecko list today, and man it's a lot of fun and intimidating, there's a lot of target priority in the list and the parts protect each other in the list, it's great. I'll write up the bat-rep vs JSA later on, we had a TAG duel.

Except I had two. :Nomads:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 8, 2013

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Duderclese posted:

Holy crap. This was perfect, thank you. And the best is that you get precisely where I'm coming from! This is definitely something to build toward. Time to sell some Warmachine!

Glad to be of help. Keep us posted when you start to build/paint stuff. I'm finishing my own Marut as we speak and will be giving it a real test soon. Just remember that the thing with most TAG/elite lists is support: don't trust you heavy hitters (Marut, Penthesilea, sniper Posthuman) to do all the work singly; have them reinforce each other. Let the sniper cover the Marut's advance so no one can just pop in and toss an E/M grenade or missile at it. Don't pit your TAG against an enemy TAG in a fair fight; feint it closer, then send Penthesilea to murder the enemy with her Monosword, sparing yourself a firefight.

Also, the TO sniper proxy has a side-effect in the FAQ; when you switch active proxies, it will knock you out of camouflage. The easy to to counter his is to deploy it in a nicely hidden spot and/or prone behind a low rise so you can easily recloak and start picking off enemies.

Since everyone is posting their Gecko lists, I guess I can toss my corregidor army for parsing as well.

GROUP 1 10 0 0

INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
INTRUDER (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (18)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Electric Pulse. (8)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

It's not as fancy; The Iguana to offer heavy fire support while the wildcats move, the traditional wildcat link with a defensive hacker, a clockmaker to keep the TAG running, a camo LT to help against assassination and the ubiquitous HMG Intruder, along with a Hellcat for cheerleader murder. The remote is there mostly as a cheap order.

I'm a bit tempted to lose the clockmaker and go for a 5-link, though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Played TAG game today, it owned.

Lists were:

GROUP 1 9 0 0

INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (28)
ZONDCAT Electric Pulse.
SALYUT (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 9 1 2

KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (9)
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (9)
KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)
OYAMA Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (34)
YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, Light Smoke Grenade Launcher, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (28)
ASUKA KISARAGI Combi + Light Flamethrower / Assault Pistol, Knife. (28)
O-YOROI Lieutenant HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / EXP CCW. (3 | 85)
O-YOROI PILOT Pistol, Knife.

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Highlights include: Zondcat grabbing a flag as my last Wildcat got cut to pieces and darting off to safety with it. One Gecko being hacked to pieces by the O-Yoroi and my other taking holy vengeance with its Mk12. Yojimbo got shot to living poo poo by the link team in ARO as he exposed himself without realising (angles of terrain) and he got ripped a new arse. One Intruder ramboed two of the Domaru down before Neko sliced him in two.

Great game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

One Gecko being hacked to pieces by the O-Yoroi and my other taking holy vengeance with its Mk12.
Should've shot into CC with Blitzen, take your risks and all that.

In other news, I need to paint all my Morats before the new sectorial box is out, so I don't lose interest in the old minis.
42+ models (still debating about extra Yaogats), 13+ conversions needed, a whole 6 models done (almost, still need minor touches and stuff like LoS arcs. And I can't complete an oath to save my rear end :suicide:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 8, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They weren't quite close enough to take advantage of that. I had to move him over first. :(

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 9, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hi guys! Just popping in from the Oath Thread to see if we can get more Infinity gamers/painters in there.

We have these awesome prizes from Corvus Belli that we are giving out (see below!) and with the number of people that we have painting Infinity stuff at the moment they're all guaranteed to get something, so I wanted to make sure to spread the love prizes.

Here's all the loot that we've got:

And close-ups:
12 Blister Packs! (one to give away to a random Infinity painter every month!)

4 box sets! (one set to give away to a random Infinity painter every 3 months!)

A massive Terrain set! (to give away to a random Infinity painter at the end of the oath season)

So please head over to the Oath Thread and join us! Yes the OP looks complex and long but all you have to do is say you'll paint a particular Infinity model, then provide a picture of the finished model, in order to be in with a chance to win something from Corvus Belli. Plus, you can win other prizes, like brushes, random miniatures and other stuff!

Tell other Infinity-playing goons, too!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
For an 150 point game, would points be better spent on a Doctor or another Traktor Mul? Running a small elite Mero list.

Also do we know the points cost/SWC/release date for the anaconda squadron yet? The last I'd heard was "later in the year".

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What do you mean another Mul? Post your list.

The Anaconda was already released on Gencon, judging from Scarface it should be available in December (Oct/Nov are Dire Foes months supposedly). No idea why they haven't released stats yet, though.

VVV: Drop the Mul, one Katyusha is plenty. Get another Loup or something.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 9, 2013

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Pierzak posted:

What do you mean another Mul? Post your list.

Okay, I just worry about boring people by spamming lists when I don't even know how to play. :ohdear:

FORCE DE RR MEROVINGIENNE

GROUP 1 8 0 0

LOUP-GAROU Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (21)
LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (21)
DOZER (Disp. Control Traktor Mul) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (18)
MÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (8)
CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (22)
TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)
TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)

2.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

An option is to drop the second mule for the 112 emergency services guy. Or something else? I think I'm just keen to use both mule's in the box.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have managed to not buy Corregidor yet, mainly due to the starter being unavailable.

Can you guys recommend 300 points of Neoterran Capitaline for me? I already have some stuff for PanO Military Orders (including a box of Auxilia).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Forgot how fun this game was. I might actually have a good way to play weekly games now, especially with the ITS scenarios doing wonders for the game and it's time requirements.

Also, Asawiras are still badass.

• Locked thread