Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hurrah new thread and you used my title.

I've been painting Sardine Wit's Jap Sec here's some completed ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm working right now.

RIGHT.

NOW.

:getin:

I'm Chris. If you see me on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday I can probably set you up with a 10-15% discount.

I think I've met you the times I've been down for comedy festival.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pierzak posted:

Yes, you do get shot each time, but most units have ARO burst of 1 (except link teams, Total Reaction and Neurocinetics).

Also, you roll all the dice as one roll, not separate (not sure how to read your post). If a combi rifle grunt shoots at a total reaction drone with HMG, that will be 3 active shots vs 4 ARO shots - all in one roll.

But to clarify if the HMG shot against a sniper rifle lasiq. The lasiq would only get one roll vs the best of the three HMG rolls. The other two HMG shots would be unopposed. correct? The sniper doesn't get to try and match the number of shots (3) nor does she get to fire her full burst (2). You only get burst 1 in ARO.

However, if the Lasiq chose to dodge as her ARO, her single dodge roll would be face to face with all three HMG shots.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 4, 2013

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Not Keyser Soze posted:

So something came up which I think we've been getting wrong for the past several games. The only terrain-based penalty to BS comes from stuff you're physically up against, correct? For example, if you are shooting up into a building at a model through a narrow window, but the target is not actually up against the window/wall then the it's just distance+camo, etc. modifiers right?

We'd been apparently misinterpreting the rules for cover/low visibility and applying the -3 BS mod against models with and obstructed line of fire, but that were not physically in contact with a piece of cover.

Yeah, we were making a similar mistake and I pretty much asked the same question in the last thread.

If the red circle is the firer then A would get cover (touching and obscured be the terrain), B would not (obscured but not touching) and C would not (obscured and touching tettain but not touching the terrain that is obscuring).

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ariadneuurgghh

• Locked thread