Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Weissritter posted:

What are the bad, or less good PanO units?

Non hacker kamau, Bagh-Mari, Tikbalangs that can't climb and the seraph are probably the most replaceable parts of the faction at the moment. Some weapon loadouts are a bit overpriced (multi rifles and some hacking devices spring to mind).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The problem isn't that the Kamau are bad, just that PanO has so many cheap, excellent, high BS HMGs that it's never really going to see much use. As PanO if you want an "inexpensive" HMG you're probably looking at spending your SWC on fusiliers, nisse or orcs first for either the points cost or the other benefits they bring. I'm always horribly constricted with SWC as PanO and tend to prefer to spend my limited points on BS 14+ models or MSV. Expensive PanO HmGs are aquila or swiss guard. Often both.

I could see the LGL getting some use though, but it's pretty order inefficient. I am absolutely taking a Kamau link team though, and it will wreck stuff.

It's a similar situation with the Bagh-Mari, they're generally worse versions of nisse and because of how the game works, it's better making your active pieces as good as possible. I don't think they make good cheerleaders because of their high points cost.

Incy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 1, 2013

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Have you considered Teutons for that sort of role? They're a bit more expensive but are probably the most underrated HI around. PanO doesn't really do assaulting that well with most units, but GdA and Teutons can let you build a really unusual list.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Weissritter posted:

Thanks for the advice on PanO, though it leads to another question - are aquila or swiss guard with HMG worth the costs?

They are probably the best things in the faction, for their abilities they are very nicely priced and are probably the best things in infinity for filling mans full of bullets.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Right, I'm playing paradiso 202, and that needs engineers/hackers. Thoughts on this list? Have I got stuff covered? How can PanO move fast and still get to multiple consoles? I'd rather avoid the normal TO cheese that you'll see from PanO in these missions, as my group hasn't really figured out how to stop it yet.

Panoceania | 10 models

Fusilier Lt (10|0)
Fusilier Combi (10|0)
Fusilier Combi (10|0)
Fusilier Combi (10|0)
Auxilia (14|0)
Auxbot
Machinist Engineer (15|0)
Palbot (3|0)
Kamau Hacker (28|0.5)
Jotum (104|2)
Aquila HMG (60|2)
Nisse HMG (36|1.5)

300/300 points | 6/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : http://goo.gl/KbLWzV

The Jotum is happening. The Svalarheima sectorial better be out soon!

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Tardscream posted:

Panoceania - Shock Army of Acontecimento | 9 models

Dragao (94|2)
Guarda de Assalto Spitfire (50|2)
Auxbot GdA
Guarda de Assalto MULTI (51|0.5)
Auxbot GdA
Guarda de Assalto MULTI (51|0.5)
Auxbot GdA
Acontecimento Lieutenant (10|0)
Acontecimento Combi (10|0)
Acontecimento Combi (10|0)
Acontecimento MineLayer (14|0.5)
Indigo Combi (+1 bs, HMG, Doctor) (10|0|12xp)

300/300 points | 5.5/6 swc

Forget hackers, any sort of stealth is going to wreck this army. Also everything is an order sink while you've only got 10 to go through. One GdA will eat all your orders, I dread to think about 3 and a TAG.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
I think celestial guard are the default choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Part of the problem with intuitive attacks is PanO's terrible WIP, which means you're potentially exposing yourself to an easy ARO shot depending on how many orders you've got left.

For reference, the ASA guy in our meta has found two fairly effective ways so far, a 8+/6 setup, with a drago and GdA being fed orders by each respective combat group, and a single group Bagh-Mari link team plus supporting cast which is either amazing or simply passable depending on the board setup. Both of these are poor at dealing with camo, so you have to build in the damage you'll suffer from TO camo in to the list. I don't think I've seen a sensor yet, maybe it could work? Maybe not? I usually dismiss them as useless but this could be their niche utility?

I feel that the first of these does exactly what you're proposing to do with the 3 GdA as effectively and with more support as although GdA are amazing on the active turn they are pretty bad on the reactive, while one can smoke as effectively as three off ten orders. If you want to try getting in their face a few ablative models that you force your opponent to spend orders to deal with are a great way of stopping their counterattack from wrecking you. Flamer auxbots would be my go to here, but I think ASA only gets them on peacemakers. How this can be applied to your proposal I'm not sure, maybe two combat groups with no drago and some GdA in each?

Also the proposed army is unable to play in scenarios, which are a lot more fun than just straight up fights. Infinity advice #1 is play scenarios.

• Locked thread